Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10822
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
- Location: Chicago
Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
TIF request for "The Blackstone Knoll" at 3902 Harney. The property goes all the way to Farnam so its a good size. I am guessing this current building on the site gets demoed for a larger project.

Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
A Site Plan was just submitted for 3902 Harney LLC:iamjacobm wrote:TIF request for "The Blackstone Knoll" at 3902 Harney. The property goes all the way to Farnam so its a good size. I am guessing this current building on the site gets demoed for a larger project.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10822
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
- Location: Chicago
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
TIF Request for Blackstone Knoll. They will actually keep the older building in back and build a two story structure along Farnam. 3 apartment units above retail. Looks like a cool little project.Coyote wrote:A Site Plan was just submitted for 3902 Harney LLC:iamjacobm wrote:TIF request for "The Blackstone Knoll" at 3902 Harney. The property goes all the way to Farnam so its a good size. I am guessing this current building on the site gets demoed for a larger project.
Renderings in the TIF doc.
https://cityclerk.cityofomaha.org/image ... sc/404.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
The Blackstone Knoll
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Omaha_corn_burner
- Human Relations
- Posts: 522
- Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:16 pm
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
Needs some cornice/entablature. What's with all these flat brick walls? (I know, I know, it's for cost)
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11645
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
Another nice addition.
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10822
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
- Location: Chicago
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
I think if you look closely the brick is slightly stepped down on the top. Tough to tell for sure though.Omaha_corn_burner wrote:Needs some cornice/entablature. What's with all these flat brick walls? (I know, I know, it's for cost)
-
Omaha_corn_burner
- Human Relations
- Posts: 522
- Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:16 pm
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
I know it's just a rendering, but it looks like that steel (aluminum?) cap they put on the top, for weather protection. I look at this very thing at least 5 times a day.iamjacobm wrote:I think if you look closely the brick is slightly stepped down on the top. Tough to tell for sure though.Omaha_corn_burner wrote:Needs some cornice/entablature. What's with all these flat brick walls? (I know, I know, it's for cost)
My guess:

My wish:

-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10822
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
- Location: Chicago
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
Ahh your saying the very top. I mean maybe halfway between the windows and the roof it looks like the brick will have some variation.
I think any attempt at those cornices today would come off looking really cheap TBH. There just isn't a modern replacement for the materials that they used to build with.
I would guess it ends up really close to the Dundee building.

I think any attempt at those cornices today would come off looking really cheap TBH. There just isn't a modern replacement for the materials that they used to build with.
I would guess it ends up really close to the Dundee building.

-
GSD BSD
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:04 pm
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
Here is an updated rendering for the new building on 39th and Farnam. Groundbreaking expected in early May
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11645
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
I think I liked the color of brick better in the earlier rendering, but I also noticed that there are now 3 balconies instead of 2.
-
ShaneofCal
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:44 am
- Location: Omaha
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
I love it. This project fits in so well with the character of the surrounding neighborhood. GreenSlate does things really well. But, for the sake of greater density, just one or two more floors of apartment units. That would be grand!GSD BSD wrote:Here is an updated rendering for the new building on 39th and Farnam. Groundbreaking expected in early May
-
nebraska
- Library Board
- Posts: 311
- Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:12 pm
- Location: Downtown
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
Better than that is to make a parking deck on the back half of the 2nd floor (only need 3 spots), and make the apartments into 3 townhouses on the 2nd/3rd floor with roof top patios.skinzfan23 wrote:I think I liked the color of brick better in the earlier rendering, but I also noticed that there are now 3 balconies instead of 2.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
Blackstone Knoll plans are being submitted to the Planning Board.
-
Taco
- Human Relations
- Posts: 514
- Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:34 pm
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
Fences up around Blackstone Knoll property.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
On the Farnam side will be a restaurant called Celebrates, still looking for more details.
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10822
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
- Location: Chicago
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
Butterfish Sushi will take some space and it looks like an unnamed Indian restaurant will take the rest.Coyote wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:29 am On the Farnam side will be a restaurant called Celebrates, still looking for more details.
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2518
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
Butterfish announced they're closing permanently on July 10th, 2022, due to "severe staff shortages."indigo wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:27 am a friend of mine is involved in this, i believe he told me it will be called Butterfish
-
BensonBunnyBoy
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:48 pm
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
Cap.
They posted "We are sad to announce July 10th, Butterfish will be closing doors for an indefinite amount of time, due to labor shortage. Please note, we plan on opening our doors again, as soon as we are staffed"
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2518
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
The initial post I saw mentioned nothing about ever reopening:BensonBunnyBoy wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:13 pm They posted "We are sad to announce July 10th, Butterfish will be closing doors for an indefinite amount of time, due to labor shortage. Please note, we plan on opening our doors again, as soon as we are staffed"

-
BIGO88
- Library Board
- Posts: 467
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:16 am
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
The old butterfish spot is going to become a 90s themed sports bar called “First Round”
https://firstroundomaha.com/
https://firstroundomaha.com/
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
90s themed!?BIGO88 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:29 am The old butterfish spot is going to become a 90s themed sports bar called “First Round”
https://firstroundomaha.com/
Is what it starts to feel like "getting old"?
-
TitosBuritoBarn
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3281
- Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:08 am
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
If the movie Back to the Future we’re made today they would have traveled back to the year 1993.Athomsfere wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:15 am90s themed!?BIGO88 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:29 am The old butterfish spot is going to become a 90s themed sports bar called “First Round”
https://firstroundomaha.com/
Is what it starts to feel like "getting old"?
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am
Re: Blackstone Knoll (3902 Harney)
Yeah, that certainly doesn't make me feel much better. I mean, luckily I wasn't an adult then. But old enough to have clear memories of the daily struggles of school lolTitosBuritoBarn wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:00 pmIf the movie Back to the Future we’re made today they would have traveled back to the year 1993.Athomsfere wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:15 am90s themed!?BIGO88 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:29 am The old butterfish spot is going to become a 90s themed sports bar called “First Round”
https://firstroundomaha.com/
Is what it starts to feel like "getting old"?