Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
-
lonnie
- Library Board
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:30 am
Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
The first Caribou Coffee locations in Omaha will open June 8, and June 15... the first is in Legacy West, 177th & Center.
From their web site:
---
Join us for Opening Day at NEW Caribou Coffee stores
Omaha, NE
Wednesday, June 08, 2005
17650 Wright Street
Omaha, NE 68130
---
Omaha, NE
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
1100 South 71st Street #A
Omaha, NE 68106
---
From their web site:
---
Join us for Opening Day at NEW Caribou Coffee stores
Omaha, NE
Wednesday, June 08, 2005
17650 Wright Street
Omaha, NE 68130
---
Omaha, NE
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
1100 South 71st Street #A
Omaha, NE 68106
---
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
Thanks for the info..Caribou Coffee is another high quality option equal to Starbucks..
Their blended drinks and coffee are very good
..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Their blended drinks and coffee are very good
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Minneapolis Boy
- Library Board
- Posts: 343
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:31 pm
- Location: Back in Omaha!
Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
Caribous was one of my favorite coffee shops when I lived in Minneapolis. I'm glad they are entering the Omaha market.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
When I visit Chicago, I sample Caribou Coffee quite often..
Very good
..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Very good
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
UNOstudent
- Human Relations
- Posts: 583
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:27 am
Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
saw signs up for a caribou at 156th and maple in the strip mall in front of hyvee.
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm
Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
There needs to be one downtown.
I'm actually in Chicago right now, and they are freaking everywhere! I think I see more of THEM than STARBUCKS!!!
Caribou just doedn't have the "evil empire" thing about them like Starbucks does.
I'm actually in Chicago right now, and they are freaking everywhere! I think I see more of THEM than STARBUCKS!!!
Caribou just doedn't have the "evil empire" thing about them like Starbucks does.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
Yeah..There are Caribou Coffee shops all over Chicago..
And there will be a Caribou Coffee in the 156th and Maple area..
One is purported to be opening up in downtown Omaha in the future..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
And there will be a Caribou Coffee in the 156th and Maple area..
One is purported to be opening up in downtown Omaha in the future..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
156th and Maple



Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
Thanks for the pic Brad..
I've enjoyed a caffeinated beverage at that Caribou location..Very nice..
..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
I've enjoyed a caffeinated beverage at that Caribou location..Very nice..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
There will be a Caribou Coffee in the new Q Street Plaza (144th & Q St.)


-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
Oh, that's what going up there. Thanks, I was wondering forever and it was bothering me. This is the building going up next to that Bed Store?
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
Yes - the Lebeda Mattress Factory is on 14215 Q and this Plaza is just to the East on 14111 and 14121 Q
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
- Location: Dundee
Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
they actually have some pretty dam good espresso. plus its better than another starbux
15-17, 26, 32
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
I don't know about that..But they do have pretty good espresso..MTO wrote: plus its better than another starbux
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
- Location: Dundee
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
Yeah I know..Starbucks is the evil empire of coffee
..
But I'll laugh my hind end off if one ever opens up in your neck of the woods
..
Oh and PS..I don't live in Millard..But nice try..
..Cao..LiO....Peace
But I'll laugh my hind end off if one ever opens up in your neck of the woods
Oh and PS..I don't live in Millard..But nice try..
..Cao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
Ya, and to all those urban chic people downtown Chicago, New York, SEATTLE, etc with all their locations.MTO wrote:i suppose starbux isto you millard folk
Oh, and sterotyping people is one of the evils of this world. Let's not fall into that category Jake.
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:13 pm
- Location: NYC
Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
Carbou has better coffee, but Starbucks consistantly makes better steamed drinks at all their locations (it helps that employees only have to press a button and the machine does all the work for them, unlike all other coffee shops).
It's quite is to screw up when steaming milk (more accurately, it's quite hard to get it right)...and apparently the machines Starbucks uses are well designed. I haven't had a bad latte nor cafe au lait at starbucks in years.
Plus now they are quite the humanitarian organization...what with their fair trade coffee, that Ethos water, etc.
I would much rather have a local (well run) coffee shop, but I don't think that you can have too many coffee shops. I haven't read any actual incidents where starbucks ruined the local mom and pop coffee shops. They can coexist rather easily.
It's quite is to screw up when steaming milk (more accurately, it's quite hard to get it right)...and apparently the machines Starbucks uses are well designed. I haven't had a bad latte nor cafe au lait at starbucks in years.
Plus now they are quite the humanitarian organization...what with their fair trade coffee, that Ethos water, etc.
I would much rather have a local (well run) coffee shop, but I don't think that you can have too many coffee shops. I haven't read any actual incidents where starbucks ruined the local mom and pop coffee shops. They can coexist rather easily.
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2505
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm
Re: Caribou Coffee
So, fast forward 18 years and the only Caribou Coffee left in the Omaha area is the one inside the Hy-Vee at 180th & Pacific?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Caribou Coffee
I believe they serve Caribou in all the HyVee gas stations and at Bruegger's Bagels.ChadJK wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:33 pm So, fast forward 18 years and the only Caribou Coffee left in the Omaha area is the one inside the Hy-Vee at 180th & Pacific?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2505
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm
Re: Caribou Coffee
So, sort of the same difference between being a Starbucks and being something else that just so happens to serve Starbucks-branded coffee (Barnes & Noble Café comes to mind). The Caribou Coffee kiosk in Hy-Vee at 180th & Pacific being the only Omaha-area Caribou Coffee serving Caribou Coffee.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
I really like Caribou coffees. You can still purchase many of their blends at Target and just about every grocery store in town. I also note they have coffee outlets in just about every airport I fly through.
-
bbinks
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1553
- Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:10 pm
Re: Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
I'm not a Coffee drinker, but a coworker of mine will drive past 2 Starbucks to go to a Scooters. How would a coffee connoisseur here rank Caribou to Scooters?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
I drove past both to go to HyVee gas and get Caribou…bbinks wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:50 pm I'm not a Coffee drinker, but a coworker of mine will drive past 2 Starbucks to go to a Scooters. How would a coffee connoisseur here rank Caribou to Scooters?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Caribou Coffee Opening Dates
We love Caribou that we buy in the grocery store.