2014 Pierce

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10822
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
Location: Chicago

2014 Pierce

Post by iamjacobm »

Nice dense 5 unit rowhome project on a little piece of land SW of downtown.

https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ril/24.pdf
User avatar
Taco
Human Relations
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:34 pm

Re: 2014 Pierce

Post by Taco »

This was originally a land bank property. Good to see the system working as designed.
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am

Re: 2014 Pierce

Post by Athomsfere »

I like it, and I'm glad to see more rowhouses.
ita
County Board
Posts: 4753
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: 2014 Pierce

Post by ita »

These are good sized units. It's good to see this next to the recently completed Foundry Lofts project.
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10822
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
Location: Chicago

Re: 2014 Pierce

Post by iamjacobm »

Looks like they were able to work in more townhomes here. Now planning for 9 units. Looks nice.

https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ber/18.pdf
ita
County Board
Posts: 4753
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: 2014 Pierce

Post by ita »

iamjacobm wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:54 am Looks like they were able to work in more townhomes here. Now planning for 9 units. Looks nice.

https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ber/18.pdf
Yeah, I am glad they were able to work in a few more units. I like that the design deviates from the from the Uptown/Legacy Townhomes built in the last 5 years or so. I hope this one gets built!
daveoma
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1213
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:18 am

Re: 2014 Pierce

Post by daveoma »

They look quaint and I like the little balcony, but I'm surprised that more of these builders don't include a rooftop deck like the ones on 10th street. I suppose there wouldn't be much of a view, but it would be a better view of the driveway. Also there would be more privacy.
ita
County Board
Posts: 4753
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: 2014 Pierce

Post by ita »

Market-rate town houses planned near downtown Omaha
Cindy Gonzalez
A town house-style complex would be constructed on two lots in a neighborhood southwest of the Old Market, adding more rental housing around the edges of downtown Omaha.

The $2.5 million project at 2014 and 2016 Pierce St. would rise three stories and include nine market-rate residences. Owner Megumi II LLC, managed by Grace Longley, anticipates that rent will be about $1,800 per month.
Image
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10822
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
Location: Chicago

Re: 2014 Pierce

Post by iamjacobm »

These are vertical. Same developers as the apartments next door apparently. This neighborhood might turn pretty quickly.