I have not been back to the Big O for about 15 years, but poking around on google earth noted an August 2022 image of this fantastic old, red brick and grey stone, turreted mansion gutted out with obvious new work taking place inside a chain link construction fence.
Back in mid 90's I was in property management and handled this property for years. It had beautiful woodwork and lots of fireplaces, unfortunately rather poorly divided up into multiple small apartments, and fairly run down. I am very curious to learn what is being done with it, and hopefully follow it's progress.
1049 South 29th getting rehabbed?
-
beachbum
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 7:19 pm
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10815
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Chicago
Re: 1049 South 29th getting rehabbed?
If this is the property you ar referring to it is being renovated as affordable housing.
viewtopic.php?p=358703&hilit=georgia#p358703
viewtopic.php?p=358703&hilit=georgia#p358703
-
beachbum
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 7:19 pm
Re: 1049 South 29th getting rehabbed?
It is! I must have mis-remembered the address... Very cool, it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I am glad it did not get bulldozed.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: 1049 South 29th getting rehabbed?
It is a unique property..
Back in the 1990’s, I lived in this general area and there were (and still are) many unique old properties still maintained and standing…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Back in the 1990’s, I lived in this general area and there were (and still are) many unique old properties still maintained and standing…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!