2025 CWS

Metro area and region sports discussion
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

2025 CWS

Post by skinzfan23 »

Tickets went on sale this morning at 10 AM. I logged in and almost every game had a queue, but the tickets were sold out for any of the cheap to moderate price ranges almost immediately. I have to think those are a lot of scalpers doing that.

Ever since they got rid of GA Tickets, it definitely has become more about money. Most of the night game tickets are going for over $100 on the aftermarket.
Flyer14
Home Owners Association
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:14 pm

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by Flyer14 »

Its a darn shame too. I get why people stay away, a game will be "sold out" but in reality there is plenty of empty seats. But the re-sale of those tickets will be insanely priced and won't sell.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 9006
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by Greg S »

Yeah for the time being, it's a rough go to get tickets. I assumed even before it happened that GA would eventually have to be replaced at some point due to growth of the event.

I wonder if they have started early planning on a stadium expansion. It was designed with that in mind. Assume it would come with an extension for the event past the current date.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by skinzfan23 »

Yes, with the way ticket sales have gone in the past few years, I would think an expansion would at least be looked at soon. I think they designed for expansion to 35,000, but I am not sure that we need that many....maybe something closer to 30,000 would be nice.
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4939
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by Louie »

skinzfan23 wrote: Wed Apr 23, 2025 4:01 pm Yes, with the way ticket sales have gone in the past few years, I would think an expansion would at least be looked at soon. I think they designed for expansion to 35,000, but I am not sure that we need that many....maybe something closer to 30,000 would be nice.
Did they share designs of where that expansion would be?
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by skinzfan23 »

Not that I know of, but the intent was to add seats in the outfield like a second deck. I am sure they city doesn't want to lose the skyline views though. I couldn't find any renderings, but if you google, there are several mentions of the 35,000 seat capacity.
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4939
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by Louie »

skinzfan23 wrote: Wed Apr 23, 2025 4:52 pm Not that I know of, but the intent was to add seats in the outfield like a second deck. I am sure they city doesn't want to lose the skyline views though. I couldn't find any renderings, but if you google, there are several mentions of the 35,000 seat capacity.
Ah, so the perfect scenario would be to just add the second deck over left field, on top of the existing concession stands.
mrsticka
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by mrsticka »

The stadium was designed for expansion if need be.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 9006
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by Greg S »

skinzfan23 wrote: Wed Apr 23, 2025 4:52 pm Not that I know of, but the intent was to add seats in the outfield like a second deck. I am sure they city doesn't want to lose the skyline views though. I couldn't find any renderings, but if you google, there are several mentions of the 35,000 seat capacity.
Wow. I always assumed the expansion would be a third deck over the main concourse.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by Brad »

Creighton going to the Fayetteville Regional.
-Arkansas, North Dakota State, Creighton, Kansas

Nebraska going to the Chapel Hill Regional.
-North Carolina, Holy Cross, Nebraska, Oklahoma
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106389
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by almighty_tuna »

Nice to see a CU team not get the shaft when it comes to post season tourney location
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by Brad »

The Costal Carolina Chanticleers is the first team to punch their ticket to Omaha.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by Brad »

3 of the 8 are now set

1. Costal Carolina Chanticleers
2. Arizona Wildcats
3. Louisville Cardinals
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by Brad »

Half the field set.

1. Costal Carolina Chanticleers
2. Arizona Wildcats
3. Louisville Cardinals
4. UCLA Bruins

I was working for UCLA last time they were here. They also won it all that year.
20130625SC8A2547.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by Brad »

Up to 5

1. Costal Carolina Chanticleers
2. Arizona Wildcats
3. Louisville Cardinals
4. UCLA Bruins
5. Arkansas Razorbacks
Flyer14
Home Owners Association
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:14 pm

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by Flyer14 »

Cant argue with that shake up, all 5 from a different conference. I expect Louisville and Arkansas to travel well!
mrsticka
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by mrsticka »

Oregon State's close to punching their ticket to Omaha. They're leading Florida State 14-8.

EDIT: And now they've done it! Oregon State won 14-8. So they're going to Omaha.
Flyer14
Home Owners Association
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:14 pm

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by Flyer14 »

mrsticka wrote: Mon Jun 09, 2025 4:19 am Oregon State's close to punching their ticket to Omaha. They're leading Florida State 14-8.

EDIT: And now they've done it! Oregon State won 14-8. So they're going to Omaha.
and a team without a conference!
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by Brad »

Only 1 team remaining.

1. Costal Carolina Chanticleers
2. Arizona Wildcats
3. Louisville Cardinals
4. UCLA Bruins
5. Arkansas Razorbacks
6. Oregon State Beavers
7. LSU Tigers

Duke VS Murray State today for the final spot.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110987
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote: Mon Jun 09, 2025 1:17 pm Only 1 team remaining.

1. Costal Carolina Chanticleers
2. Arizona Wildcats
3. Louisville Cardinals
4. UCLA Bruins
5. Arkansas Razorbacks
6. Oregon State Beavers
7. LSU Tigers

Duke VS Murray State today for the final spot.
Going to be a fun mix of teams.

I always like LSU, but not for the typical reasons. I used to travel to that area for work frequently, and during Baseball season, I would attend a game whenever schedules allowed. They are also one of the few schools, like the Huskers, that do not use state funding in the AD department, unless that has changed in recent years.

I have to see what UCLA can do, and I will watch them closer than I typically would because of the new Big Ten conference member.

Arkansas. Love what VanHorn did at Nebraska and will always find some room to pull for them. Can't deny him his opportunity to go home, just with it would have been after a few more years in Lincoln
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110987
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote: Mon Jun 09, 2025 1:17 pm Only 1 team remaining.

1. Costal Carolina Chanticleers
2. Arizona Wildcats
3. Louisville Cardinals
4. UCLA Bruins
5. Arkansas Razorbacks
6. Oregon State Beavers
7. LSU Tigers

Duke VS Murray State today for the final spot.


Thought this would be played earlier in the day, so that the winner could get ready for Omaha. 6 PM cent start surprises me
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
mrsticka
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by mrsticka »

Murray State just beat Duke and are going to Omaha. So now the 8 teams are all set.
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10822
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
Location: Chicago

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by iamjacobm »

I love it when a couple lesser known schools make the CWS. Great to have the big programs, but one of my favorite things about the CWS is always when some school that basically has no shot to get into this position in any other sport makes it. Baseball lets different schools join in the fun which is so cool.
mrsticka
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by mrsticka »

This will be Murray State's first appearance in the CWS.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by Brad »

2025 CWS Field:
1. Costal Carolina Chanticleers
2. Arizona Wildcats
3. Louisville Cardinals
4. UCLA Bruins
5. Arkansas Razorbacks
6. Oregon State Beavers
7. LSU Tigers
8. Murray State Racers

Murray St.'s coach mows the grass on their home field:
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by skinzfan23 »

I believe they are installing the ferris wheel again this year. At least it looked like the base was being put up yesterday.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110987
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by nebugeater »

mrsticka wrote: Tue Jun 10, 2025 2:55 am This will be Murray State's first appearance in the CWS.
Not to derail the thread, but I have great memories of watching them in the NCAA basketball tournament in Lincoln. 1988 I believe. They played Kansas and were winning, and the crowd was pulling for them until about halfway through the second half, when the crowd switched to KU. As far as I could tell, it was about, 'Oh |expletive|, or my conference partner is going to get beaten.' KU went on to win it all.

I believe I have posted about this on here elsewhere in the past.

Now back to regular programming
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110987
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote: Tue Jun 10, 2025 1:29 pm 2025 CWS Field:
1. Costal Carolina Chanticleers
2. Arizona Wildcats
3. Louisville Cardinals
4. UCLA Bruins
5. Arkansas Razorbacks
6. Oregon State Beavers
7. LSU Tigers
8. Murray State Racers

Murray St.'s coach mows the grass on their home field:


800 seating capacity.
Wonder how they will react to playing in front of 24000
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110987
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by nebugeater »

What I like about this year's tourny is that, setting aside weather issues, no game is scheduled to start later than 6 PM Central except for game three, if needed, of the finals @ 6:30



June 13
Game 1: Coastal Carolina vs. Arizona 1 p.m. CDT on ESPN
Game 2: Oregon State vs. Louisville 6 p.m. CDT on ESPN
June 14
Game 3: UCLA vs. Murray State 1 p.m. CDT on ESPN
Game 4: Arkansas vs. LSU 6 p.m. CDT on ESPN
June 15
Game 5: Game 1 Loser vs. Game 2 Loser 1 p.m. CDT on ESPN
Game 6: Game 1 Winner vs. Game 2 Winner 6 p.m. CDT on ESPN2
June 16
Game 7: Game 3 Loser vs. Game 4 Loser 1 p.m. CDT on ESPN
Game 8: Game 3 Winner vs. Game 4 Winner 6 p.m. CDT on ESPN
June 17
Game 9: Game 5 Winner vs. Game 6 Loser 1 p.m. CDT on ESPN
Game 10: Game 7 Winner vs. Game 8 Loser 6 p.m. CDT on ESPN
June 18
Game 11: Game 6 Winner vs. Game 9 Winner 1 p.m. CDT on ESPN
Game 12: Game 8 Winner vs. Game 10 Winner 6 p.m. CDT on ESPN
June 19 (Bracket Finals, if necessary)
Bracket 1: 1 p.m. CDT on ESPN
Bracket 2: 6 p.m. CDT on ESPN
June 21 (Finals)
Finals Game 1: 6 p.m. CDT on ESPN

June 22 (Finals)
Finals Game 2: 1:30 p.m. CDT on ABC

June 23 (Finals, if necessary)
Finals Game 3: 6:30 p.m. CDT on ESPN
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106389
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by almighty_tuna »

nebugeater wrote: Tue Jun 10, 2025 3:10 pm What I like about this year's tourny is that, setting aside weather issues, no game is scheduled to start later than 6 PM Central except for game three, if needed, of the finals @ 6:30
Well, you've jinxed it. Gonna be two hour rain/lightning delays every day now! :lol:
mrsticka
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by mrsticka »

Arkansas and LSU in the finals. That’s how I see things unfolding.
MetcalfeHarrison
Home Owners Association
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:19 pm

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by MetcalfeHarrison »

mrsticka wrote: Wed Jun 11, 2025 6:07 am Arkansas and LSU in the finals. That’s how I see things unfolding.
They're in the same bracket so only 1 can make the finals unless I'm looking at things wrong.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110987
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by nebugeater »

MetcalfeHarrison wrote: Wed Jun 11, 2025 12:39 pm
mrsticka wrote: Wed Jun 11, 2025 6:07 am Arkansas and LSU in the finals. That’s how I see things unfolding.
They're in the same bracket so only 1 can make the finals unless I'm looking at things wrong.
You are correct. In fact, they play in game 4, the first game for both of them, on Saturday evening
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
zippy
Library Board
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:55 pm
Location: Harvey Oaks

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by zippy »

nebugeater wrote: Wed Jun 11, 2025 1:24 pm
MetcalfeHarrison wrote: Wed Jun 11, 2025 12:39 pm
mrsticka wrote: Wed Jun 11, 2025 6:07 am Arkansas and LSU in the finals. That’s how I see things unfolding.
They're in the same bracket so only 1 can make the finals unless I'm looking at things wrong.
You are correct. In fact, they play in game 4, the first game for both of them, on Sunday evening
Saturday evening
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110987
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by nebugeater »

zippy wrote: Wed Jun 11, 2025 5:00 pm
nebugeater wrote: Wed Jun 11, 2025 1:24 pm
MetcalfeHarrison wrote: Wed Jun 11, 2025 12:39 pm
mrsticka wrote: Wed Jun 11, 2025 6:07 am Arkansas and LSU in the finals. That’s how I see things unfolding.
They're in the same bracket so only 1 can make the finals unless I'm looking at things wrong.
You are correct. In fact, they play in game 4, the first game for both of them, on Sunday evening
Saturday evening

Opps

Thanks, I fixed it in my post
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10822
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
Location: Chicago

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by iamjacobm »

Worth a watch. Lots of really cool old clips of the city and the CWS.

User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote: Wed Jun 11, 2025 11:26 pm Worth a watch. Lots of really cool old clips of the city and the CWS.

That's Fantastic!
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036613
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by Brad »

A nice little graphic was added to the sidewalk in front of Charles Schwab Field Omaha for the 75th Anniversary of the CWS in Omaha.

1.
20250611881A8676.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mrsticka
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by mrsticka »

Coastal Carolina beat Arizona 7-4 in Game 1. So Arizona is forced into an elimination game.
mrsticka
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: 2025 CWS

Post by mrsticka »

And now Oregon State just won Game 2 4-3 on a walkoff. Louisville tied it up in the 9th, but Oregon State was able to hold on and win.