$17 million and privately funded:
https://omaha.com/news/state-regional/e ... 0b0f8.html
UNO-New Biomechanics Building
-
OmahaRedWing
- Human Relations
- Posts: 522
- Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:39 pm
-
F0R_L1F3
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 156
- Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:24 am
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4936
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
-
locoluke
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 192
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2025 11:16 pm
Re: UNO-New Biomechanics Building
They had a drill rig out to do geotechnical investigation today.
Jobbers Canyon Truther

-
omaha79
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm
Re: UNO-New Biomechanics Building
Interesting. They are slowly closing in Caniglia Field.
I wonder if the idea of a student housing building on the East side of Caniglia is still in play? the last master plan for UNO had a really cool student housing building that had balconies that looked out upon the soccer pitch. I loved that idea. I hope it comes to fruition someday and would be an extremely creative infill use for that small piece of land, give some housing on East campus, and hopefully push those that live there to be involved when soccer is played.
I wonder if the idea of a student housing building on the East side of Caniglia is still in play? the last master plan for UNO had a really cool student housing building that had balconies that looked out upon the soccer pitch. I loved that idea. I hope it comes to fruition someday and would be an extremely creative infill use for that small piece of land, give some housing on East campus, and hopefully push those that live there to be involved when soccer is played.
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4936
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: UNO-New Biomechanics Building
Like where the parking garage currently is?omaha79 wrote: Wed Nov 05, 2025 11:49 am Interesting. They are slowly closing in Caniglia Field.
I wonder if the idea of a student housing building on the East side of Caniglia is still in play? the last master plan for UNO had a really cool student housing building that had balconies that looked out upon the soccer pitch. I loved that idea. I hope it comes to fruition someday and would be an extremely creative infill use for that small piece of land, give some housing on East campus, and hopefully push those that live there to be involved when soccer is played.
-
omaha79
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm
Re: UNO-New Biomechanics Building
No. Just the strip of green grass between the field and the parking garage. It's actually still in the master plan, but not sure if actively being worked on. See page 9 of 65. I felt this was a really quirky, creative, and collegiate idea, but probably why UNO will never end up doing it...Louie wrote: Wed Nov 05, 2025 6:45 pmLike where the parking garage currently is?omaha79 wrote: Wed Nov 05, 2025 11:49 am Interesting. They are slowly closing in Caniglia Field.
I wonder if the idea of a student housing building on the East side of Caniglia is still in play? the last master plan for UNO had a really cool student housing building that had balconies that looked out upon the soccer pitch. I loved that idea. I hope it comes to fruition someday and would be an extremely creative infill use for that small piece of land, give some housing on East campus, and hopefully push those that live there to be involved when soccer is played.
https://www.unomaha.edu/student-life/ho ... gstudy.pdf
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4936
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: UNO-New Biomechanics Building
Quirky indeed. But that would have been cool.omaha79 wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 7:39 amNo. Just the strip of green grass between the field and the parking garage. It's actually still in the master plan, but not sure if actively being worked on. See page 9 of 65. I felt this was a really quirky, creative, and collegiate idea, but probably why UNO will never end up doing it...Louie wrote: Wed Nov 05, 2025 6:45 pmLike where the parking garage currently is?omaha79 wrote: Wed Nov 05, 2025 11:49 am Interesting. They are slowly closing in Caniglia Field.
I wonder if the idea of a student housing building on the East side of Caniglia is still in play? the last master plan for UNO had a really cool student housing building that had balconies that looked out upon the soccer pitch. I loved that idea. I hope it comes to fruition someday and would be an extremely creative infill use for that small piece of land, give some housing on East campus, and hopefully push those that live there to be involved when soccer is played.
https://www.unomaha.edu/student-life/ho ... gstudy.pdf
-
omaha79
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm
Re: UNO-New Biomechanics Building
Hoping it still happens. It was part of a long range plan. No timetable ever announced. But, there isn't a ton you can do with infill on that land. So, it'll either be a few classrooms or dorms eventually. Not a lot of other areas to build on main campus.Louie wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 8:05 amQuirky indeed. But that would have been cool.omaha79 wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 7:39 amNo. Just the strip of green grass between the field and the parking garage. It's actually still in the master plan, but not sure if actively being worked on. See page 9 of 65. I felt this was a really quirky, creative, and collegiate idea, but probably why UNO will never end up doing it...Louie wrote: Wed Nov 05, 2025 6:45 pmLike where the parking garage currently is?omaha79 wrote: Wed Nov 05, 2025 11:49 am Interesting. They are slowly closing in Caniglia Field.
I wonder if the idea of a student housing building on the East side of Caniglia is still in play? the last master plan for UNO had a really cool student housing building that had balconies that looked out upon the soccer pitch. I loved that idea. I hope it comes to fruition someday and would be an extremely creative infill use for that small piece of land, give some housing on East campus, and hopefully push those that live there to be involved when soccer is played.
https://www.unomaha.edu/student-life/ho ... gstudy.pdf
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4936
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: UNO-New Biomechanics Building
Not without turning parking lots into garages at least. But it would definitely be nice to have more dorms on the main campus. Most of the newer dorms have been on the south campus and it just doesnt really feel like you are on a campus down there imo.omaha79 wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 9:00 amHoping it still happens. It was part of a long range plan. No timetable ever announced. But, there isn't a ton you can do with infill on that land. So, it'll either be a few classrooms or dorms eventually. Not a lot of other areas to build on main campus.Louie wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 8:05 amQuirky indeed. But that would have been cool.omaha79 wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 7:39 amNo. Just the strip of green grass between the field and the parking garage. It's actually still in the master plan, but not sure if actively being worked on. See page 9 of 65. I felt this was a really quirky, creative, and collegiate idea, but probably why UNO will never end up doing it...Louie wrote: Wed Nov 05, 2025 6:45 pmLike where the parking garage currently is?omaha79 wrote: Wed Nov 05, 2025 11:49 am Interesting. They are slowly closing in Caniglia Field.
I wonder if the idea of a student housing building on the East side of Caniglia is still in play? the last master plan for UNO had a really cool student housing building that had balconies that looked out upon the soccer pitch. I loved that idea. I hope it comes to fruition someday and would be an extremely creative infill use for that small piece of land, give some housing on East campus, and hopefully push those that live there to be involved when soccer is played.
https://www.unomaha.edu/student-life/ho ... gstudy.pdf
-
omaha79
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm
Re: UNO-New Biomechanics Building
I don't know what this means? the photo I linked would be a net neutral for parking. The garage on East side would not go anywhere. This would only fill in the land that used to house the metal bleachers on the football field that were taken out in 2012 when the field was converted to soccer. Nothing about the parking garage, or access to it would change.Louie wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 10:51 amNot without turning parking lots into garages at least. But it would definitely be nice to have more dorms on the main campus. Most of the newer dorms have been on the south campus and it just doesnt really feel like you are on a campus down there imo.omaha79 wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 9:00 amHoping it still happens. It was part of a long range plan. No timetable ever announced. But, there isn't a ton you can do with infill on that land. So, it'll either be a few classrooms or dorms eventually. Not a lot of other areas to build on main campus.Louie wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 8:05 amQuirky indeed. But that would have been cool.omaha79 wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 7:39 amNo. Just the strip of green grass between the field and the parking garage. It's actually still in the master plan, but not sure if actively being worked on. See page 9 of 65. I felt this was a really quirky, creative, and collegiate idea, but probably why UNO will never end up doing it...Louie wrote: Wed Nov 05, 2025 6:45 pmLike where the parking garage currently is?omaha79 wrote: Wed Nov 05, 2025 11:49 am Interesting. They are slowly closing in Caniglia Field.
I wonder if the idea of a student housing building on the East side of Caniglia is still in play? the last master plan for UNO had a really cool student housing building that had balconies that looked out upon the soccer pitch. I loved that idea. I hope it comes to fruition someday and would be an extremely creative infill use for that small piece of land, give some housing on East campus, and hopefully push those that live there to be involved when soccer is played.
https://www.unomaha.edu/student-life/ho ... gstudy.pdf
So, I don't know why UNO would need more parking in this scenario.
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4936
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: UNO-New Biomechanics Building
I think you misunderstood me. I was referring to the fact that there are a lot of parking lots on the main campus and thats where the space for additional dorms would need to be sourced from (outside of the soccer stadium adjacent proposal) if they were to built on the main campus. That's all.omaha79 wrote: Fri Nov 07, 2025 7:56 amI don't know what this means? the photo I linked would be a net neutral for parking. The garage on East side would not go anywhere. This would only fill in the land that used to house the metal bleachers on the football field that were taken out in 2012 when the field was converted to soccer. Nothing about the parking garage, or access to it would change.Louie wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 10:51 amNot without turning parking lots into garages at least. But it would definitely be nice to have more dorms on the main campus. Most of the newer dorms have been on the south campus and it just doesnt really feel like you are on a campus down there imo.omaha79 wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 9:00 amHoping it still happens. It was part of a long range plan. No timetable ever announced. But, there isn't a ton you can do with infill on that land. So, it'll either be a few classrooms or dorms eventually. Not a lot of other areas to build on main campus.Louie wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 8:05 amQuirky indeed. But that would have been cool.omaha79 wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 7:39 amNo. Just the strip of green grass between the field and the parking garage. It's actually still in the master plan, but not sure if actively being worked on. See page 9 of 65. I felt this was a really quirky, creative, and collegiate idea, but probably why UNO will never end up doing it...Louie wrote: Wed Nov 05, 2025 6:45 pmLike where the parking garage currently is?omaha79 wrote: Wed Nov 05, 2025 11:49 am Interesting. They are slowly closing in Caniglia Field.
I wonder if the idea of a student housing building on the East side of Caniglia is still in play? the last master plan for UNO had a really cool student housing building that had balconies that looked out upon the soccer pitch. I loved that idea. I hope it comes to fruition someday and would be an extremely creative infill use for that small piece of land, give some housing on East campus, and hopefully push those that live there to be involved when soccer is played.
https://www.unomaha.edu/student-life/ho ... gstudy.pdf
So, I don't know why UNO would need more parking in this scenario.
-
omaha79
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm
Re: UNO-New Biomechanics Building
I get you now. that makes sense. yes. unless they got rid of the pep bowl, which they've never wanted to do and shouldn't, there really isn't much room left on main campus. but, I never thought that they'd find a way to develop that area on the south side of Caniglia and they are now wrapping the entire area, which is a great use of limited space.Louie wrote: Fri Nov 07, 2025 9:18 amI think you misunderstood me. I was referring to the fact that there are a lot of parking lots on the main campus and thats where the space for additional dorms would need to be sourced from (outside of the soccer stadium adjacent proposal) if they were to built on the main campus. That's all.omaha79 wrote: Fri Nov 07, 2025 7:56 amI don't know what this means? the photo I linked would be a net neutral for parking. The garage on East side would not go anywhere. This would only fill in the land that used to house the metal bleachers on the football field that were taken out in 2012 when the field was converted to soccer. Nothing about the parking garage, or access to it would change.Louie wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 10:51 amNot without turning parking lots into garages at least. But it would definitely be nice to have more dorms on the main campus. Most of the newer dorms have been on the south campus and it just doesnt really feel like you are on a campus down there imo.omaha79 wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 9:00 amHoping it still happens. It was part of a long range plan. No timetable ever announced. But, there isn't a ton you can do with infill on that land. So, it'll either be a few classrooms or dorms eventually. Not a lot of other areas to build on main campus.Louie wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 8:05 amQuirky indeed. But that would have been cool.omaha79 wrote: Thu Nov 06, 2025 7:39 amNo. Just the strip of green grass between the field and the parking garage. It's actually still in the master plan, but not sure if actively being worked on. See page 9 of 65. I felt this was a really quirky, creative, and collegiate idea, but probably why UNO will never end up doing it...Louie wrote: Wed Nov 05, 2025 6:45 pmLike where the parking garage currently is?omaha79 wrote: Wed Nov 05, 2025 11:49 am Interesting. They are slowly closing in Caniglia Field.
I wonder if the idea of a student housing building on the East side of Caniglia is still in play? the last master plan for UNO had a really cool student housing building that had balconies that looked out upon the soccer pitch. I loved that idea. I hope it comes to fruition someday and would be an extremely creative infill use for that small piece of land, give some housing on East campus, and hopefully push those that live there to be involved when soccer is played.
https://www.unomaha.edu/student-life/ho ... gstudy.pdf
So, I don't know why UNO would need more parking in this scenario.

