2311 Douglas Street

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10822
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
Location: Chicago

2311 Douglas Street

Post by iamjacobm »

Looks like a pretty light agenda next month, but the Planning Board is considering "DOUGLAS STREET OFFICE TIF Redevelopment Project Plan" at 2311 Douglas Street. Docs will be posted later in the week, but one of the cases where I wouldn't mind the existing building coming down. Pretty small building compared to the parking here and a new building using more of the lot would be a lot better even if it is just a couple floors in height.

Existing building:
Image
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036612
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: 2311 Douglas Street

Post by Brad »

User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 3281
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:08 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: 2311 Douglas Street

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Hmmm. I was hoping for something a little bigger. It doesn’t look like they’re even using all of the space available. Are things just not penciling out here well enough yet?
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
ita
County Board
Posts: 4753
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm

Re: 2311 Douglas Street

Post by ita »

iamjacobm wrote: Tue Feb 24, 2026 1:10 am ... one of the cases where I wouldn't mind the existing building coming down. Pretty small building compared to the parking here and a new building using more of the lot would be a lot better even if it is just a couple floors in height.
Not happening, unfortunately.
Last edited by ita on Mon Mar 02, 2026 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BuildTaller
Home Owners Association
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2025 2:57 pm

Re: 2311 Douglas Street

Post by BuildTaller »

$95k TIF request. I guess every bit helps
User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 3281
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:08 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: 2311 Douglas Street

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

BuildTaller wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2026 4:29 pm $95k TIF request. I guess every bit helps
…why?! I feel like I’m missing something with this project.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
GenX
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1235
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:16 am
Location: Omaha

Re: 2311 Douglas Street

Post by GenX »

Isn’t this within the streetcar zone with a minimum 5-story height?
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036612
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: 2311 Douglas Street

Post by Brad »

EricHaley wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2026 6:52 pm Isn’t this within the streetcar zone with a minimum 5-story height?
Its not a new building, just a remodel of the current structure.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11644
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: 2311 Douglas Street

Post by skinzfan23 »

I think being so close to the streetcar line, I would rather have it torn down for more density.
BuildTaller
Home Owners Association
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2025 2:57 pm

Re: 2311 Douglas Street

Post by BuildTaller »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2026 4:59 pm
BuildTaller wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2026 4:29 pm $95k TIF request. I guess every bit helps
…why?! I feel like I’m missing something with this project.
I know, right? At least it will be easy to demolish in the future.