Just one more addition to the local eating scene (although not new to the area, this is the first one they've built from the ground up, looks like a very nice building).
3036 S. Expressway ...translated for the Council Bluffs challenged among us ... the Manawa 'power center'.
I'm still looking for Council Bluffs best -local- restaurants (for when I'm over there at the railroad museums, Hitchcock nature center, etc). Anyone with new suggestions, please let me know!
jhuston wrote:I'm still looking for Council Bluffs best -local- restaurants (for when I'm over there at the railroad museums, Hitchcock nature center, etc). Anyone with new suggestions, please let me know!
I can certainly recommend the steaks at Pizza King along Hwy 6 in east Council Bluffs.
jhuston wrote:I'm still looking for Council Bluffs best -local- restaurants (for when I'm over there at the railroad museums, Hitchcock nature center, etc). Anyone with new suggestions, please let me know!
Jeff, what have you tried from the previous suggestions in that other thread (too lazy to look for it right now?)
jhuston wrote:Come on, you can give us a LITTLE more info.
3036 S. Expressway ...translated for the Council Bluffs challenged among us ... the Manawa 'power center'.
I'm still looking for Council Bluffs best -local- restaurants (for when I'm over there at the railroad museums, Hitchcock nature center, etc). Anyone with new suggestions, please let me know!
Yes, but it was in a crappy building with little traffic, and they relocated to Bellevue with better traffic (and took a pretty good following of locals down there with them for business). This new restaurant is in a much more visible location; I would expect it to fare much better.
Made it to the new restaurant over the weekend - made the visit in mid-afternoon, so their wasn't a lot of people there (compared to just about every night, the parking lot looks packed). Very nice atmosphere - very open, the chairs and tables look to be one-of-a-kinds, and very ornate. Cuisine was above average - certainly more authentic than a trip to Carlos O'Kelleys or Chi-Chi's or something along those lines. If you're in the area and like Mexican, I'd recommend it.