December 11th CU/NU Basketball Game
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
December 11th CU/NU Basketball Game
By request - here is our latest Sports Poll.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110964
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
December 11th CU/NU Basketball Game
I posted this in the "other" thread before I saw this was started too. By the way, I voted CU by a few as a Husker Fan.
I will be at the NU CU game in Omaha.
I am one of the FEW that find my way to all the home NE basketball games in Lincoln too. Guess I just like watching college Basketball. I know I could go to CU and see a better home team but what tips the decision for me is getting to see some of teams that come into Lincoln when it come time for the Big 12.
Getting to see Kansas, Missouri (at least of old) Iowa St. (sometimes good) and on an every other year bases Texas, Texas Tech, Oaklahoma, and Ok St. is worth it to me. Usually some good basketball teams with national recognition. Of course Creighton in lincoln every other year doesn't hurt eather.
I will be at the NU CU game in Omaha.
I am one of the FEW that find my way to all the home NE basketball games in Lincoln too. Guess I just like watching college Basketball. I know I could go to CU and see a better home team but what tips the decision for me is getting to see some of teams that come into Lincoln when it come time for the Big 12.
Getting to see Kansas, Missouri (at least of old) Iowa St. (sometimes good) and on an every other year bases Texas, Texas Tech, Oaklahoma, and Ok St. is worth it to me. Usually some good basketball teams with national recognition. Of course Creighton in lincoln every other year doesn't hurt eather.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
December 11th CU/NU Basketball Game
For what its worth:
CU is favored by 9 over Nebraska according to Sagarin's Predictor rankings. (5 + 4 Home Field).
CU is favored at DePaul tonight by 2.5 (Sheridan's odds - Sagarin has them by 4)
NU is favored at Home vs Marquette by 4.5 (Sagarin has Marquette by 2)
CU is favored by 9 over Nebraska according to Sagarin's Predictor rankings. (5 + 4 Home Field).
CU is favored at DePaul tonight by 2.5 (Sheridan's odds - Sagarin has them by 4)
NU is favored at Home vs Marquette by 4.5 (Sagarin has Marquette by 2)
-
jjjjhskr
- Human Relations
- Posts: 652
- Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:31 am
- Location: O!
Re: December 11th CU/NU Basketball Game
gracias Coyote.Coyote wrote:By request - here is our latest Sports Poll.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7784
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
December 11th CU/NU Basketball Game
Even with CU's 'go-to man' Nate Funk nursing a shoulder injury and possibly out for the season, and Jimmy Motz unavailable to play CU beat up on NU 70-44, owning the entire game!
GO BLUE!
GO BLUE!
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
December 11th CU/NU Basketball Game
Thank God! I was thinking this game was later in the day though.
DTO
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4886
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
December 11th CU/NU Basketball Game
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
December 11th CU/NU Basketball Game
Sorry Linkin5, but with CU up 31-11 at half - I bet that this would have been hard for a Husker fan to watch!


-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
-
OmahaJaysCU
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2191
- Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:00 pm
December 11th CU/NU Basketball Game
What a game this was, well if you are a CU fan. Creighton had only 8 scholarship players for this game and were missing on average 30 pts from Motz and Funk, I think Hibma is a good 5. So thats 35 pts Creighton was still missing, and we still took it to them! I'm not going to lie though, these are both bad basketball teams, especially nebraska though. They are just plain lazy! Huskers, please keep Colier for a few more years, we Creighton fans love beatin up on him!
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
December 11th CU/NU Basketball Game
I'd say you can definitely say goodbye to Colier, unless he pulls off some miracle run through the Big 12 schedule.
-
OmahaJaysCU
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2191
- Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:00 pm
December 11th CU/NU Basketball Game
I'm keepin my fingers crossed on the miracle. If they can get a good run and beat KU and maybe Texas at least once the Jays RPI will skyrocket. Like I always say, I'm a husker fan after december 11th...jhuston wrote:I'd say you can definitely say goodbye to Colier, unless he pulls off some miracle run through the Big 12 schedule.
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4886
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
December 11th CU/NU Basketball Game
Colliers gonna be gone. He just isn't a good fit with a Major Conference team. He's a better mid major conference coach (ie Butler). Say what you want about Danny Nee, but he was 1000X better recruiter than what Collier is.
-
OmahaJaysCU
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2191
- Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:00 pm
December 11th CU/NU Basketball Game
I disagree, Collier is a great recruiter, he just doesn't do a good job at developing that tallent. That is what Danny Nee did. He recruited and developed. Getting rid of him, up until getting rid of solich, was the worst coaching descision the university has made.Linkin5 wrote:Colliers gonna be gone. He just isn't a good fit with a Major Conference team. He's a better mid major conference coach (ie Butler). Say what you want about Danny Nee, but he was 1000X better recruiter than what Collier is.