Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
-
ItsAllAboutMe
- Human Relations
- Posts: 962
- Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:14 am
Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
I noticed today that they are installing balconies on the north side of this building. I think they really add to the look and should really help with the sell of these condo's. Though they do not yet have patio doors to the decks. They are installed aroud the currentenly installed windows
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
Heres a shot of the decks. Nice added value to those condos.


-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
All these pictures make me miss Omaha.
Oh well, I'm getting my own place on May 12th in Omaha so it's all good.
On an unrelated note, I didn't know apartments could age discriminate. The first thing she asked us was if we were 20 years old. When we were filling out the paperwork they had the policy plaqued and standing erect on the table. It was odd that they made it so blantant, but I could see how that is attractive to some renters.
On an unrelated note, I didn't know apartments could age discriminate. The first thing she asked us was if we were 20 years old. When we were filling out the paperwork they had the policy plaqued and standing erect on the table. It was odd that they made it so blantant, but I could see how that is attractive to some renters.
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
Hey how come you guys have almost the same signature picture are you secretly twins or something?
15-17, 26, 32
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
He stole it from me.MTO wrote:Hey how come you guys have almost the same signature picture are you secretly twins or something?
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
Yeah next time I'm gonna ask for a quarter per photo appearance, Im a dickhead like that.
I've had that sig for awhile, I should switch it up again anyways. 
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
I guess I'm the only one who found that funny.On an unrelated note, I didn't know apartments could age discriminate. The first thing she asked us was if we were 20 years old.
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
Yeah they should have a place that discriminates against old people so only us cool kids could live there… 
15-17, 26, 32
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
My guess is the age requirement has more to do with the legalities of signing a lease. Just a hunch....
-Big E
-Big E
Stable genius.
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
That was what I thought was funny... I just ASSUMED an 18 to 20 year old couldn't sign a lease without a co-signer or something (don't you have to be like 25 to rent a car? My 18 year old daughter couldn't even get her own car loan... that's probably going to come back to bite me)... and here these guys are crying out age discrimination! 
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
You have to be 19 to sign a lease w/ out a co-signer (in Nebraska). I just found it odd that's all 
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
-
Trips
- Library Board
- Posts: 260
- Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:50 pm
Re: Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
My hunt for for living downtown has finally ended.
After years of listening to everyone on here I finally started looking at moving to the Old Market about 2 years ago. I determined that for the price and location that the Ford Lofts were my choice and in particular 1 of 12 units. After missing out on a unit last year, two became open last week. Perfect, I am ready to make a full price cash offer but needed to confirm the parking spot. The parking is underground and an end spot, double bonus worth an extra $10k for me. Now as long as the board allows me to pay for an electric car charging hookup I am ready to move in. I am expecting this could cost me up to $20k but I would still be under budget for what I wanted. Either way it would not cost the board anything, is small enough that no one would notice it, and in the future anyone could tie into the line at a fraction of the cost.
The board decides that they are not interested and I would not be allowed to have a charger installed. Well that ended my search for a place downtown. I'm not sure why they wouldn't approve it but makes me glad I don't live there.
- Sorry for the rant
After years of listening to everyone on here I finally started looking at moving to the Old Market about 2 years ago. I determined that for the price and location that the Ford Lofts were my choice and in particular 1 of 12 units. After missing out on a unit last year, two became open last week. Perfect, I am ready to make a full price cash offer but needed to confirm the parking spot. The parking is underground and an end spot, double bonus worth an extra $10k for me. Now as long as the board allows me to pay for an electric car charging hookup I am ready to move in. I am expecting this could cost me up to $20k but I would still be under budget for what I wanted. Either way it would not cost the board anything, is small enough that no one would notice it, and in the future anyone could tie into the line at a fraction of the cost.
The board decides that they are not interested and I would not be allowed to have a charger installed. Well that ended my search for a place downtown. I'm not sure why they wouldn't approve it but makes me glad I don't live there.
- Sorry for the rant
-
Omaha_corn_burner
- Human Relations
- Posts: 522
- Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:16 pm
Re: Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
What kind of charger were you requesting?Trips wrote:The board decides that they are not interested and I would not be allowed to have a charger installed.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110948
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
Who was paying for the electricity that this service would be tied into?Trips wrote:My hunt for for living downtown has finally ended.
After years of listening to everyone on here I finally started looking at moving to the Old Market about 2 years ago. I determined that for the price and location that the Ford Lofts were my choice and in particular 1 of 12 units. After missing out on a unit last year, two became open last week. Perfect, I am ready to make a full price cash offer but needed to confirm the parking spot. The parking is underground and an end spot, double bonus worth an extra $10k for me. Now as long as the board allows me to pay for an electric car charging hookup I am ready to move in. I am expecting this could cost me up to $20k but I would still be under budget for what I wanted. Either way it would not cost the board anything, is small enough that no one would notice it, and in the future anyone could tie into the line at a fraction of the cost.
The board decides that they are not interested and I would not be allowed to have a charger installed. Well that ended my search for a place downtown. I'm not sure why they wouldn't approve it but makes me glad I don't live there.
- Sorry for the rant
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11629
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
Looking at the Kmtv city cam, they are repainting the Ford Storage signage on the top level of the building.
-
Trips1
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 134
- Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:21 am
Re: Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
Looks like I never replied to this. I was going to pay up to $20k to have a main line brought to the garage. From there it would branch off into a 220V with a separate meter for my parking spot that I would have paid for. If someone wanted their own charger they would have had to pay roughly $1,500 for the install and meter.nebugeater wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:42 pmWho was paying for the electricity that this service would be tied into?Trips wrote:My hunt for for living downtown has finally ended.
After years of listening to everyone on here I finally started looking at moving to the Old Market about 2 years ago. I determined that for the price and location that the Ford Lofts were my choice and in particular 1 of 12 units. After missing out on a unit last year, two became open last week. Perfect, I am ready to make a full price cash offer but needed to confirm the parking spot. The parking is underground and an end spot, double bonus worth an extra $10k for me. Now as long as the board allows me to pay for an electric car charging hookup I am ready to move in. I am expecting this could cost me up to $20k but I would still be under budget for what I wanted. Either way it would not cost the board anything, is small enough that no one would notice it, and in the future anyone could tie into the line at a fraction of the cost.
The board decides that they are not interested and I would not be allowed to have a charger installed. Well that ended my search for a place downtown. I'm not sure why they wouldn't approve it but makes me glad I don't live there.
- Sorry for the rant
It seems almost a requirement these days for garages to have chargers, but I guess I was a little early back in 2017. I still wish I would have lived there.
-
swgiust
- Library Board
- Posts: 308
- Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:17 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Ford Lofts (10th and Dodge)
I'm sure in '2025 it would have gotten a good look.
And you did miss out, Ford is an AWESOME place to be. Great community, great location.
And you did miss out, Ford is an AWESOME place to be. Great community, great location.