I would have thought there would have been a thread on here, given that this project has been in the works for over a year now, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. The old Dundee Dinner Theater building is in the final stages of being made over into 6 upscale rental apartments and 1st floor commercial space. Move in for the apartments is less than a month away, with half already rented. No word on if they've filled the commercial space as of yet.
BTW, I can't believe the rent that these folks are charging - rumored to be as high as $115/sqft/mo. Must be condo quality finishes. Even so, that's higher than most of the rental stuff in the OM except for the very top places. I'm surprised they're able to get that much, but more power to them if they can.
EDIT: After doing some google searching, I found the future tenant for the commercial space. A place called Scout that will sell trendy new and used clothing. Here's a myspace page with more info: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =160039253. Not anywhere I'll probably shop, but a nice addition that should fit in well with the neighborhood.
Model A Lofts in Dundee - Underwood between 50 and 51st Sts
-
Ben
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:57 pm
- Location: Westside
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036558
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Model A Lofts in Dundee - Underwood between 50 and 51st Sts
I checked the index I have stickied to the top of the urban section, and there was no link so I added this one as the official thread. However I know I have picture posted of it somewhere?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Historic Omaha
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:59 pm
Model A Lofts in Dundee - Underwood between 50 and 51st Sts
this project is taking advantage of the federal tax credit for historic rehabilitation and Nebraska's Valuation Incentive Program (tax assessment "freeze")
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036558
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Model A Lofts in Dundee - Underwood between 50 and 51st Sts
Here are some I found from long ago, but I know I have more:
Model A lofts
Monday 8-21-2006
The old Dundee Dinner Theater.



Model A lofts
Monday 8-21-2006
The old Dundee Dinner Theater.




Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
Model A Lofts in Dundee - Underwood between 50 and 51st Sts
Wow, the Flash on myspace is so not necessary, but the clothes look pretty cool.
Also, the building looks way better than that now. In fact, the whole south side of that block is just gorgeous...even more so than it used to be.
Also, the building looks way better than that now. In fact, the whole south side of that block is just gorgeous...even more so than it used to be.
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Model A Lofts in Dundee - Underwood between 50 and 51st Sts
Rendering:

Inside (mid september):


Inside (mid september):
