Mural on the old Great Wall
-
Tango
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:05 pm
- Location: Downtown Omaha
Mural on the old Great Wall
Alright, I'm all for public art projects and murals in general... and yes, the mural isn't finished quite yet, but it seems really odd for me to see a landscape with a cityscape of Omaha painted on the side of a building when you can simply turn around and see the real cityscape. Not to mention the colors are really garish and the subject matter really isn't that innovative. I guess I'm just experiencing sour grapes because I liked looking out my window and seeing the stylized, yes crumbling, image of the Great Wall. To each their own, art is subjective. I am glad they didn't just paint over the mural with a solid color and leave it at that... well maybe. ;) It would be nice to see more murals downtown, even if I don't always appreciate their artistic merit.
-
Tango
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:05 pm
- Location: Downtown Omaha
Mural on the old Great Wall
* they are out photographing the mural, so I'm assuming it will be highlighted in a local paper soon. Maybe this means they are in fact done with it. I hope not, I'm tempted to sneak over there under the cover of darkness and blend the colors a little more.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Mural on the old Great Wall
I saw them working on it and it wasn't done when I saw it. I'll have to reserve judgement until I see the finished product.
DTO
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036558
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Mural on the old Great Wall
FYI this is part of the "O" casual dinning project.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
Re: Mural on the old Great Wall
LOL... I thought EXACTLY the same thing. I wonder why they didn't paint a picture of the neighboring parking lot?Tango wrote:but it seems really odd for me to see a landscape with a cityscape of Omaha painted on the side of a building when you can simply turn around and see the real cityscape.
-Big E
Stable genius.