TWO64 - 16th and Howard
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm
TWO64 - 16th and Howard
There appears to be a new clothes store on the corner of 16th and Howard in the Kensington Tower (south of the Orpheum, east of the Magnolia). I haven't had time to explore so I'm not sure what kinds of clothes they have.
DTO
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm
TWO64 - 16th and Howard
Are you serious?! Wow, I'll have to check this out soon.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm
TWO64 - 16th and Howard
I first noticed it last Saturday but just now got around to posting it. I'll check it out on the way home. They have logos on the windows and I can see racks of clothes set up but I haven't actually gone up to see if they're open yet.
DTO
-
justnick
- Human Relations
- Posts: 892
- Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 pm
- Location: Downtown
TWO64 - 16th and Howard
Good.
I hope it doesn't suck.
I hope it doesn't suck.
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm
TWO64 - 16th and Howard
I checked this store out today. I was pleasantly surprised. It's called TWO64, and it's definitely very urban, youth, hip-hop oriented, and very minimalist and well done.
Here are some photos:







I tried these jeans on and came really close to buying them. I'm going to think about it...

Here are some photos:







I tried these jeans on and came really close to buying them. I'm going to think about it...

-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm
TWO64 - 16th and Howard
Mods, feel free to rename this thread "TWO64 16th and Howard" or something similar.
-
justnick
- Human Relations
- Posts: 892
- Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 pm
- Location: Downtown
TWO64 - 16th and Howard
Looks groovy.
It's a shame I absolutely hate the clothes.
It's a shame I absolutely hate the clothes.
-
lnkS
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:45 pm
TWO64 - 16th and Howard
I think this place opened in downtown Lincoln last year, only to close following the summer. Whenever I walked by there were some people inside, but apparently not enough buying merchandise to stay open. There are various clothing boutiques around downtown, but this store obviously had a different niche than the others, and I guess the clientele wasn't there to support it.
But then again, I could be wrong. The clothing and font on the window signage looks very similar, though.
Update: I looked into it, and it is the same store. It was two floors in Lincoln, in a narrow spot right next to the Rococo Theatre. From their blogging, I guess they figured there would be more business in Omaha (which is likely true) and had some complaints about needing more parking (which I find hard to believe as they were located across from a large surface lot, unfortunately), which I don't know if this location addresses that "need" or not. I hope they find success to foster further retail development.
But then again, I could be wrong. The clothing and font on the window signage looks very similar, though.
Update: I looked into it, and it is the same store. It was two floors in Lincoln, in a narrow spot right next to the Rococo Theatre. From their blogging, I guess they figured there would be more business in Omaha (which is likely true) and had some complaints about needing more parking (which I find hard to believe as they were located across from a large surface lot, unfortunately), which I don't know if this location addresses that "need" or not. I hope they find success to foster further retail development.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
-
cdub
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1216
- Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 6:38 pm
- Location: Tempe. AZ
TWO64 - 16th and Howard
heck it doesnt look like they have enough merchandise to sell and stay open.
Good luck to them, its nice that someone is trying.
Good luck to them, its nice that someone is trying.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
TWO64 - 16th and Howard
They like it that way - here is a review from CJL Online Lifestyle Magazine when they opened in Lincoln:
Two64 is a new shop to our industry which is located in the very peaceful state of Nebraska. Two64’s overall design is extraordinary. Unlike many compact “too cool for room” boutiques, Two64’s design makes “big and bad” look beautiful. With features like an awe-inspiring cathedral ceiling, dangling sphere lights, and a walk-around balcony, this is the perfect place to throw a grand opening party. You can catch brands such as 10 Deep, Addict, The Hundreds, Reason, as well as many more of your favorites. Two64 will open tomorrow: Saturday, May 10th. Stay tuned for more updates on this new and upcoming shop. See more in-store photos after the jump!
-
cdub
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1216
- Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 6:38 pm
- Location: Tempe. AZ
TWO64 - 16th and Howard
Yes, and apparently it worked really well in Lincoln.
On the plus side, now I know where I can find a t shirt, I have been looking all over!
On the plus side, now I know where I can find a t shirt, I have been looking all over!
-
GetUrban
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2648
- Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:07 pm
- Location: Omaha
TWO64 - 16th and Howard
Great, a new anchor for 16th.
Seriously though, I wish them luck.
Seriously though, I wish them luck.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
...and then they were gone.
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm
TWO64 - 16th and Howard
So do I, which is why I almost bought the jeans. The price just wasn't quite low enough for me.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm
TWO64 - 16th and Howard
It might not be such a bad spot since a lot of their potential clientele is right there on the bus line.cdub wrote:Yes, and apparently it worked really well in Lincoln.
On the plus side, now I know where I can find a t shirt, I have been looking all over!
DTO
-
michaelsjewel
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:04 am
- Location: Omaha
TWO64 - 16th and Howard
i thought i saw something different when walking on howard towards patricks market...will have to go inside sometime....
