MAPA 2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).
locoluke
Home Owners Association
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2025 4:16 am

MAPA 2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan

Post by locoluke »

The Draft 2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP) is out, and MAPA is taking public feedback on it until September 28. There are some interesting projects and other tidbits included in it, and I'd imagine if anyone might have any opinions/feedback to submit, it'd be the folks in this forum.
Jobbers Canyon Truther
:hammer:
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Posts: 10003397
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: MAPA 2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan

Post by BRoss »

It's interesting that they renamed it from the Long Range Transportation Plan. The LRTP has always been one I look forward to every five years. I glanced at it a little and I see some interesting things, but still have a lot more to get through later.
User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 3281
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:08 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: MAPA 2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

BRoss wrote: Fri Aug 29, 2025 9:09 pm It's interesting that they renamed it from the Long Range Transportation Plan. The LRTP has always been one I look forward to every five years. I glanced at it a little and I see some interesting things, but still have a lot more to get through later.
That was a federal level change. All LRTPs are now MTPs going forward. It was some sort of effort to better tie them with the MPOs that maintain them.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert