Trucks With 3 Trailers Illegal In Nebraska?

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).
mrsticka
Planning Board
Posts: 2503
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Trucks With 3 Trailers Illegal In Nebraska?

Post by mrsticka »

When I lived in Omaha, I saw a few semi-trucks pulling 3 trailers on I-80. My mother and I spoke tonight and according to her, triples are illegal in Nebraska. Is that true? If so, then why?
User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Trucks With 3 Trailers Illegal In Nebraska?

Post by jessep28 »

The Nebraska CDL manual has instructions for triples, so they probably aren't illegal. Likely there is a limit of how long a truck traveling on Nebraska roads can be and that's why you don't see triples, or even doubles unless they are short trailers.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
mrsticka
Planning Board
Posts: 2503
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Trucks With 3 Trailers Illegal In Nebraska?

Post by mrsticka »

Okay, thanks. I have seen triples on I-80.
User avatar
S33
County Board
Posts: 4430
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 5:15 pm

Trucks With 3 Trailers Illegal In Nebraska?

Post by S33 »

How about a semi towing another semi with trailer still attached. I saw that the other day, and it looked a bit sketchy
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Winston Churchill
mrsticka
Planning Board
Posts: 2503
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 am
Location: Lincoln

Trucks With 3 Trailers Illegal In Nebraska?

Post by mrsticka »

I might've seen that sometime ago. But I don't think it was in Nebraska. I think it was in Washington on I-90 at Snoqualmie Pass. In fact, I think I once saw a set of CF triples driving on 108th in Omaha behind our house many years ago.