108th Between Q And Harrison
-
mrsticka
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2505
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 am
- Location: Lincoln
108th Between Q And Harrison
It's currently 2 lanes (1 north, 1 south). If this section were to be widened, what should it be widened to?
-
RNcyanide
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2778
- Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:37 pm
- Location: Boston
Re: 108th Between Q And Harrison
I don't really mind the way it is. I've driven through it at all hours when I had a friend who lived over there and never really had a problem. There's lanes to turn right and anyone turning left never backs up traffic long enough to cause a problem from what I've experienced.
There's other places in the city that need to be widened first, IMO.
There's other places in the city that need to be widened first, IMO.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.
The Bride
The Bride
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003397
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: 108th Between Q And Harrison
I'm pretty sure the TIP says it's supposed to be widened to five lanes (2 north, 2 south, center turn lane) here in a few years.mrsticka wrote:It's currently 2 lanes (1 north, 1 south). If this section were to be widened, what should it be widened to?
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: 108th Between Q And Harrison
I'm rather pseudo nostolgic about this... I used to work at 108th Harrison in the late 70's, and it is one stretch of W.O. That looks the same as it did then... 
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2820
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: 108th Between Q And Harrison
Traffic isn't bad on 108th South of Q, even during rush hour. it doesn't need to be expanded at this time.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003397
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: 108th Between Q And Harrison
I looked it up and according to the 2014 TIP, it will be a divided four lane road, with construction currently scheduled for 2017 (pg 42 in http://www.mapacog.org/images/stories/T ... AL_web.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
-
mrsticka
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2505
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:31 am
- Location: Lincoln
Re: 108th Between Q And Harrison
Well, okay. I used to live off 108th. Turn onto V, then left onto X right after and the third house on the left was mine-10827 X Street was the address.
Anyway, here in Lincoln, there are many streets that are 2 + center turn so that's why I asked. I figured that since Omaha's bigger, they might want to do that on a majority of their 2 lane streets. But I'm wrong.
Just because it's like that in Lincoln doesn't mean it has to be in Omaha.
Anyway, here in Lincoln, there are many streets that are 2 + center turn so that's why I asked. I figured that since Omaha's bigger, they might want to do that on a majority of their 2 lane streets. But I'm wrong.
Just because it's like that in Lincoln doesn't mean it has to be in Omaha.