http://www.keepomahamoving.com/projects ... nterchange
150th & Dodge Interchange
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003385
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
- Location: West Central Omaha
150th & Dodge Interchange
Apparently they are going to tear down and redo the 150th St interchange on Dodge. Starts March 12th.
http://www.keepomahamoving.com/projects ... nterchange

http://www.keepomahamoving.com/projects ... nterchange
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7333
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 150th & Dodge Interchange
They're really adding to the quirky nature of that exit.
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003385
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: 150th & Dodge Interchange
I feel like both this and the Boys Town exit need to be removed. They are too close to the other exits and cause major congestion. It's nice for the neighborhood (and I use it everyday), but it is detrimental to the traffic flow on Dodge. I'm a little disappointed that they are adding to it.Busguy2010 wrote:They're really adding to the quirky nature of that exit.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036577
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: 150th & Dodge Interchange
I'm assuming ramp 3 will go under ramp 2? Should keep people from cutting through the neighborhood.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: 150th & Dodge Interchange
I agree but I also wonder if the long term plan calls for divided through lanes and local traffic lanes like the new CB 80 section. If they did that I could see them keeping all those rampsHR Paperstacks wrote:I feel like both this and the Boys Town exit need to be removed. They are too close to the other exits and cause major congestion. It's nice for the neighborhood (and I use it everyday), but it is detrimental to the traffic flow on Dodge. I'm a little disappointed that they are adding to it.Busguy2010 wrote:They're really adding to the quirky nature of that exit.
15-17, 26, 32
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003385
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: 150th & Dodge Interchange
Would there be enough room?MTO wrote:But I also wonder if the long term plan calls for divided through lanes and local traffic lanes like the new CB 80 section. If they did that I could see them keeping all those ramps
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003385
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: 150th & Dodge Interchange
I'm pretty sure you are correct there.Brad wrote:I'm assuming ramp 3 will go under ramp 2? Should keep people from cutting through the neighborhood.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7333
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 150th & Dodge Interchange
That was my question. If I had to answer it myself, it'd be an easy no, but I don't know the tricks.HR Paperstacks wrote:Would there be enough room?MTO wrote:But I also wonder if the long term plan calls for divided through lanes and local traffic lanes like the new CB 80 section. If they did that I could see them keeping all those ramps
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7333
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 150th & Dodge Interchange
Yes, that's what I read.HR Paperstacks wrote:I'm pretty sure you are correct there.Brad wrote:I'm assuming ramp 3 will go under ramp 2? Should keep people from cutting through the neighborhood.
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003385
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: 150th & Dodge Interchange
I haven't seen an update about this for this month yet. But it really looks like it's pretty much done. I saw the other day that they traced out where the lines on the road are going to go on the bridge. I just wish they would hurry up and open it already.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036577
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: 150th & Dodge Interchange
The new bridge to the south seems like it came together really fast.HR Paperstacks wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:06 pm I haven't seen an update about this for this month yet. But it really looks like it's pretty much done. I saw the other day that they traced out where the lines on the road are going to go on the bridge. I just wish they would hurry up and open it already.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003385
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: 150th & Dodge Interchange
Yeah, I remember it being listed a few months ago on KeepOmahaMoving as something they were supposed to do for the month but didn't see anything until it was pretty much done.Brad wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:49 pm The new bridge to the south seems like it came together really fast.
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: 150th & Dodge Interchange
A local told me it’s supposed to open by Jan 1st. It’s pretty close to done but that seams a little optimistic.
15-17, 26, 32
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003385
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: 150th & Dodge Interchange
I noticed that they painted the lines on the bridge today. And tonight they are supposed to close a couple lanes on Dodge going westbound. Saturday the 144th westbound on-ramp is going to be closed. So hopefully they are wrapping up.
But it has been frustrating that they've been keeping us in the dark on the project website. They've been giving monthly updates and still nothing for this month even after I sent a comment asking for one...
But it has been frustrating that they've been keeping us in the dark on the project website. They've been giving monthly updates and still nothing for this month even after I sent a comment asking for one...
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
- Location: Dundee
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003385
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: 150th & Dodge Interchange
lol, nice.
It looks like they updated everything the day after my last post.
Here is what you can expect in the month of December:
Finish construction of the 150th Street bridge hand rail and fence.
Installation of overhead signs on 150th Street Bridge
Completion of east bound off ramps along West Dodge Road.
Eastbound Dodge Street configuration back to normal- 12/14/2018
Westbound Dodge Street configuration back to normal- 12/15/2018
Project to open to traveling public before 12/31/2018
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: 150th & Dodge Interchange
Bridge opened at 9:00 am.
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003385
- Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: 150th & Dodge Interchange
I just went that way to go west and was stunned to see it open!
