Annexation 2019

The Political decisions of Omaha.
OmahaFan
Library Board
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Annexation 2019

Post by OmahaFan »

It's that time of year again to speculate on what the City of Omaha will annex and how many more resident's we can add to this great city. Any idea's or rumors?
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8993
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Annexation 2019

Post by Greg S »

I am really hoping my neighborhood meets the criteria this year.

Greg
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4938
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Annexation 2019

Post by Louie »

Greg S wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:43 am I am really hoping my neighborhood meets the criteria this year.

Greg
How far west are you?
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8993
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Annexation 2019

Post by Greg S »

Louie wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:50 pm
Greg S wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:43 am I am really hoping my neighborhood meets the criteria this year.

Greg
How far west are you?
Stone Park, 151st north of Fort. We even have a City of Omaha Library in the area that's not part of Omaha yet (Saddlebrook).

Greg
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4938
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Annexation 2019

Post by Louie »

I play rec basketball up there! Pretty crazy that a public library would be outside city limits.
User avatar
Dundeemaha
Human Relations
Posts: 597
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:41 am
Location: Country Club

Re: Annexation 2019

Post by Dundeemaha »

https://www.ketv.com/article/omaha-mayo ... 9/27418255

Stone Creek Plaza (SID 443)
The Willows and adjacent areas (SID 496)
Ranch View Estates and adjacent areas (SID 467)
Ranch View Estates 3 (SID 556)

Image

955 people to the city's population and $2.3 million net revenue over the next 10 years per city estimates.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: Annexation 2019

Post by Coyote »

Before the Planning Board next week along with Avenue One (192nd & West Dodge).
User avatar
RockHarbor
Planning Board
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Silver State

Re: Annexation 2019

Post by RockHarbor »

Wow, that is quite a bit of annexation!
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4938
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Annexation 2019

Post by Louie »

RockHarbor wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:49 pm Wow, that is quite a bit of annexation!
I was actually going to say its a rather light year for it. I think last year''s plan was set to increase the population by almost 9k. Upon further investigation of recent history (rounding numbers a bit here):
2019: 1k
2018: 9k
2017: 900
2016:6k
2015: 12k
2014: 9k
User avatar
RockHarbor
Planning Board
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Silver State

Re: Annexation 2019

Post by RockHarbor »

Really? So many years, when I see the plan of what Omaha is going to annex, I often think: "That's it??" This year, I don't think that. That seems like quite a bit to me.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: Annexation 2019

Post by Coyote »

Coyote wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:57 pm Before the Planning Board next week along with Avenue One (192nd & West Dodge).
Passed 6-1, subject to recording of the final plat of Avenue One.
OmahaFan
Library Board
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:07 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Annexation 2019

Post by OmahaFan »

Keep on growing Omaha!