2019 Pothole Season

The Political decisions of Omaha.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

2019 Pothole Season

Post by Coyote »

Giant pothole may have saved man's life
Monday afternoon, Gretna Rescue rushed to help a 59-year-old man with a racing heart at work. He had no history of heart problems.

The squad had a 20-minute drive to the emergency room, and at one point the patient's heart was beating at a rate of 200 beats per minute.

During the seven-mile ride from 144th and Interstate 80 to Lakeside Hospital, the rig hit a pothole.

Medics told the hospital, as relayed by the Omaha Scanner on Twitter, that the jolt of the pothole converted the patient's racing heart to normal rhythms.
ricko
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1452
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:54 am

Re: 2019 Pothole Season

Post by ricko »

Coyote wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:57 pm Giant pothole may have saved man's life
Monday afternoon, Gretna Rescue rushed to help a 59-year-old man with a racing heart at work. He had no history of heart problems.

The squad had a 20-minute drive to the emergency room, and at one point the patient's heart was beating at a rate of 200 beats per minute.

During the seven-mile ride from 144th and Interstate 80 to Lakeside Hospital, the rig hit a pothole.

Medics told the hospital, as relayed by the Omaha Scanner on Twitter, that the jolt of the pothole converted the patient's racing heart to normal rhythms.
Uh,SEE——potholes save lives!

—-Mayor Jean.
User avatar
Uffda
County Board
Posts: 4621
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Land o Lakes, FL

Re: 2019 Pothole Season

Post by Uffda »

I know the city has more potholes that it knows what to do with but I have yet to figure out their method of repair. A week and a half ago as I traveled south on N90th between Fort and Maple the outside lane had potholes repaired (sort of) but the inside lane was still full of holes. I saw a photo taken the other day and it is still that way, it is like they feel they repair one lane and it is done.

I also reported two holes at the corner of 72 and Sorensen almost two weeks ago... they’re still there only bigger.
We are the people our parents warned us about.

Jimmy Buffett
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: 2019 Pothole Season

Post by Coyote »

[youtube]
[/youtube]
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7333
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: 2019 Pothole Season

Post by Busguy2010 »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that it seemed like, even over a month ago, the repairs from last season were starting to deteriorate... Before it even froze, let alone snowed. Anybody else think that, or is it just in my neighborhood?
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11634
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: 2019 Pothole Season

Post by skinzfan23 »

Busguy2010 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:53 am Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that it seemed like, even over a month ago, the repairs from last season were starting to deteriorate... Before it even froze, let alone snowed. Anybody else think that, or is it just in my neighborhood?
I have been commenting on this all summer. They had so many excuses and kept saying that they could only use a cold patch last winter. You would think that with all the time this summer they would have gone out and done a better fix on many of the areas, but there are still a ton of bad roads. 72nd St is one of them, as well as Hwy 75 near south Omaha (it has huge cracks in the asphalt that is going to be horrible this winter since they didn't do anything to it.) I don't understand why they think this quick "tar" fix is going to work. I-80 through much of Omaha is horrible. The road is so rough with all of these patches.

None of this mentions that all of the rock and gravel that is constantly on the shoulder of I-80 and Hwy 75. I don't understand why they can't run a street sweeper on it a few times a year. When the blow all the loose dirt and rocks out to put the tar in, none of it is ever cleaned up. The construction crews just let it all sit in the shoulder and eventually it makes its way back out onto the roadway and causes a ton of rock chips for drivers. Sorry, I am ranting but Hwy 75 is horrible from all the excavating companies that haul dirt back and forth.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7333
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: 2019 Pothole Season

Post by Busguy2010 »

There was something different about last season, whether the weather conditions, or the management of it. I dont currently feel good about this upcoming season.