Eugene, OR to Boise, ID Best Route?
-
mrsticka
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2501
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
- Location: Lincoln
Eugene, OR to Boise, ID Best Route?
Since there's no interstate route to connect Eugene, OR, and Boise, ID, what's the best route to take?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Eugene, OR to Boise, ID Best Route?
As a landscape photographer, the interstate isn't usually the "Best" route, its the fastest route.mrsticka wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:16 pm Since there's no interstate route to connect Eugene, OR, and Boise, ID, what's the best route to take?
The drive from Eugene, Oregon, to Sisters, Oregon is going to be fantastic! Heading east out of Eugene, there is really only one road for a while, highway 126. You can take that all the way to Highway 20. Or your can split off on 242, if its open. 242 is closed in "Winter" and winter last most of spring too. One year we were there in June and it was still closed. That said, Proxy Falls in on 242 and absolutely 100% worth the short hike to see it! 20 and 242 will get you to Sisters/Bend Oregon and you should see Volcanoes either way (Mt Jefferson, Mt Washington, 3 Sisters, Etc...). From Sisters Google recommends you take Highway 20, but if you have an extra 45 min, Highway 26 through the Ochoco National forest is probably way more scenic. I haven't been east of Sisters/Bend, but I would take 26 if I had the time and was going that way.
Proxy Falls I mentioned above:
https://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com ... falls-one/
https://www.bradwilliamsphotography.com ... falls-two/
Also some great Breweries in the Bend and Sisters area. We went to Bend Brewing, Deschutes, Three Creeks, and 10-Barrel.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
mrsticka
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2501
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
- Location: Lincoln
Re: Eugene, OR to Boise, ID Best Route?
Cool pictures. They almost look like the Multnomah Falls along I-84 about 15 miles east of Portland. You've been there, haven't you? I mean the Multnomah Falls, not Portland.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Eugene, OR to Boise, ID Best Route?
Thanks! No, we didn't stop there. We flew in to Portland and rented a car and drove down to Sisters. We rented a house for a week at the Black Butte Ranch. We were there for a wedding and didn't have a ton of time and mostly stayed around the Bend/Sisters area.mrsticka wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:40 pm Cool pictures. They almost look like the Multnomah Falls along I-84 about 15 miles east of Portland. You've been there, haven't you? I mean the Multnomah Falls, not Portland.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto