Satellite Motel

News and releases from metro area businesses
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036569
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Satellite Motel

Post by Brad »

I'm sure we have a thread for the Satellite Motel, but I can't find it???

This local landmark was run in to by an 18 wheeler tonight.
debradomayer
Library Board
Posts: 329
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:28 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Satellite Motel

Post by debradomayer »

Oh my! I remember looking at the penthouse of the Satellite Motel from Ryan. That is the same view that the new Buena Vista (means beautiful view) High School has! Some things never change! BTW the name banner for the new school is up.
User avatar
TheSeventhBrat
Home Owners Association
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Re: Satellite Motel

Post by TheSeventhBrat »

Brad wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:38 pm I'm sure we have a thread for the Satellite Motel, but I can't find it???

This local landmark was run in to by an 18 wheeler tonight.
They're worried about structural integrity since the entire engine compartment entered the building. I hope this doesn't spell doom for this unique Omaha landmark.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: Satellite Motel

Post by Coyote »

Semi-truck hits Satellite Motel after colliding with truck



Semi-truck hits satellite motel
Cermak
Planning Board
Posts: 2333
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:02 pm

Re: Satellite Motel

Post by Cermak »

Wow ! A freak accident for sure. Hopefully this isn’t the end for this unique and quirky structure.