Trying to expanding trails in existing Omaha parks. Gives specific recommendations for each park Dodge, Swanson, etc about half way though the slides.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdqo9tmcf6hmg ... 8.pdf?dl=0
Mountain bike trail expansion in existing Omaha parks
-
BN1
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:21 pm
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Re: Mountain bike trail expansion in existing Omaha parks
Sketchy link from a new member... I'm not clicking that...
And within context of the "Urban" Omaha, I have no idea if this is even on topic.
And within context of the "Urban" Omaha, I have no idea if this is even on topic.
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4747
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 pm
Re: Mountain bike trail expansion in existing Omaha parks
I took the risk for you. It's legit. Also, it's pretty extensive. I thought I could just go through it real quick; I was wrong.Athomsfere wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:45 pm Sketchy link from a new member... I'm not clicking that...
And within context of the "Urban" Omaha, I have no idea if this is even on topic.
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4747
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 pm
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Re: Mountain bike trail expansion in existing Omaha parks
Well, now I've started to go through it a little.
I still don't know that it fits in urban... But also.
I would love to see more bike infrastructure. A greenway from the river to 72nd for example. A more comprehensive trail system is also great. And then maybe connecting these parks to them so people can ride to the park, do their MTB (Not exactly my forte), and ride home.
I'd love it if I could bike from Omaha to Lincoln without so much time on the streets that aren't kind to biking. Even the farm roads between sections of the Mopac are sketchy at times.
I still don't know that it fits in urban... But also.
I would love to see more bike infrastructure. A greenway from the river to 72nd for example. A more comprehensive trail system is also great. And then maybe connecting these parks to them so people can ride to the park, do their MTB (Not exactly my forte), and ride home.
I'd love it if I could bike from Omaha to Lincoln without so much time on the streets that aren't kind to biking. Even the farm roads between sections of the Mopac are sketchy at times.
-
Taco
- Human Relations
- Posts: 514
- Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:34 am
Re: Mountain bike trail expansion in existing Omaha parks
I say this as a nearly-daily trail user in Omaha and frequent biker: I am not sure how I feel about dedicating such large portions of these parks to biking. I think they would limit other uses and I question if these renovations are the community's top priorities for these parks.
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Re: Mountain bike trail expansion in existing Omaha parks
This was sort of my thoughts too. But I don't mountain bike. I accidently follow some MTB guys on Youtube though.Taco wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 11:33 pm I say this as a nearly-daily trail user in Omaha and frequent biker: I am not sure how I feel about dedicating such large portions of these parks to biking. I think they would limit other uses and I question if these renovations are the community's top priorities for these parks.
It's such a specialized sport, like golf. I feel like you can build a few great parks out in the boonies and it's fine. But I've not spent much time on the logistics / usefulness of them.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Mountain bike trail expansion in existing Omaha parks
Papillion Now - Mountain Bike Try it Out Event
The Nebraska Interscholastic Cycling League (NICL) is hosting a FREE Try-It-Out Ride at Swanson Park Tuesday, July 12th. If you’ll be a 6th thru 12th grade student the fall of 2022 and have an interest in Mountain Biking, this is for you. Come check out the league teams and see what the school cycling community is all about. ALL SKILL LEVELS are welcome.
The Nebraska Interscholastic Cycling League (NICL) is hosting a FREE Try-It-Out Ride at Swanson Park Tuesday, July 12th. If you’ll be a 6th thru 12th grade student the fall of 2022 and have an interest in Mountain Biking, this is for you. Come check out the league teams and see what the school cycling community is all about. ALL SKILL LEVELS are welcome.
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4747
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 pm
Re: Mountain bike trail expansion in existing Omaha parks
If you have MTB interests, this guys shows off all the trails in the area, including the recently revamped Mandan Park trail. This is just a summary video of trails in the Omaha area, but he has separate videos for other trails in the area.



