I'm looking for recommendations for a high quality apartment that doesn't have paper thin ceilings and/or walls. I'm living at Broadmoor Aksarben right now. My upstairs neighbor stomps like Godzilla and throws heavy objects on her floor (my ceiling) at all hours of the day and night. It's absolutely miserable. It's not just “noisy.” There's a concussion wave that I can feel. I've lived in a lot of different places and I've never experienced this kind of thing before.
Any recommendations? I am reluctant to break my lease because of the cost. I'll be able to transfer my lease to another Broadmoor property in April. Are there any great Broadmoor apartments or are they all built the same way?
Quiet and quality apartments
-
RS73
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:50 pm
-
Cermak
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2330
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:02 pm
Re: Quiet and quality apartments
Definitely try and get an apartment on the top floor, shouldn't be an issue then. Might have to walk up more stairs and be a little more of a hassle moving in and out, if it doesn't have an elevator.
-
RS73
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:50 pm
Re: Quiet and quality apartments
Thank you for the response. Yep, a top floor unit would help but you can't always count on one of those being available. Hopefully, someone knows of an apartment building in Omaha with some insulation between units.
-
ricko
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1452
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:54 pm
Re: Quiet and quality apartments
Outside of a building with concrete construction, which is the exception in Omaha, especially for newer buildings, I think your best bet would be to hold out for a unit on the top floor. Most developers opt for cheap construction materials. You also might want to check out rehabbed pre-war buildings east of 60th.
-
RS73
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:50 pm
Re: Quiet and quality apartments
Thank you for the response, ricko. Top floor it is then. I'd like to relocate further west so I'll see what I can find on an upper floor. I think I'd like to get less urban instead or more urban.
I'm surprised there isn't enough demand to drive the building of better quality apartment buildings. The place I'm in ain't exactly cheap. There should be better sound insulation than you'd find in some kid's backyard tree fort.
I'm surprised there isn't enough demand to drive the building of better quality apartment buildings. The place I'm in ain't exactly cheap. There should be better sound insulation than you'd find in some kid's backyard tree fort.