James Blunt at Sokol Hall
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
James Blunt at Sokol Hall
I didn't realize James Blunt (the 'You're Beautiful' guy
) was going to play at Sokol (this evening). Impressive. Has any bigger act played there?
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
James Blunt at Sokol Hall
Yeah, I've seen your perspective. 
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
James Blunt at Sokol Hall
Maybe just cause I'm a big fan, but the Mudvayne show was freaking sweet.
They are pretty big in the metal scene.
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
James Blunt at Sokol Hall
Exactly and I’m not a fan of top40 so count me out of knowing anything about that and I’m sure that is where you are coming from Jeff. 
15-17, 26, 32
-
bettin
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 1:54 am
- Location: Snoqualmie, WA
James Blunt at Sokol Hall
So, are you not a fan because the song(s) are in the top 40 or because you believe the music that is typically in top 40 doesn't align with genre(s) that appeal to you?
Dave in Seattle .... errr. Snoqualmie
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
James Blunt at Sokol Hall
I don’t like the top40 songs, I mean come on Britney Spears…. Fifty Cents… ewwww. Plus I live in a Sokol/River environment and is not conducive to all that |expletive|. Also I really enjoy hanging out with the bands that kick |expletive| on stage. Until some of your best friends have some songs on the radio its hard to explain.
15-17, 26, 32
-
Finn
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1387
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:54 pm
- Location: DC
James Blunt at Sokol Hall
As Bono said:
Rock, pop, soul, blues, country -
"It's all F**in music!"
There is talent at every level. Unfortunately, nowadays, those with the least talent seem to get the most airplay.
Rock, pop, soul, blues, country -
"It's all F**in music!"
There is talent at every level. Unfortunately, nowadays, those with the least talent seem to get the most airplay.
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
James Blunt at Sokol Hall
Yup and top40 is still top40… but I do agree “those with the least talent seem to get the most airplay” as in top40…
15-17, 26, 32
-
Finn
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1387
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:54 pm
- Location: DC
James Blunt at Sokol Hall
There is talent at every level....and in every genre.
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
Re: James Blunt at Sokol Hall
311 and Motorheadjhuston wrote:Has any bigger act played there?
15-17, 26, 32