Getting to my point..
Every year the W-H publishes their annual guide to metro Omaha. This Sunday, you will find the 2006 edition..Some of you may recall in 2004, they told the story of the Omaha metro through the eyes of a canine named 'Almando'. While I believe the intent was for it to come off as 'cute', I felt it minimized Omaha as a major city/metro and came off as a bit hickish. At the time, I emailed the person in charge of putting together the annual guide and told him just that..Along with several suggestions that would make the guide a better and more cosmopolitan representation of greater Omaha. The individual who coordinates the guide, Chris Christen, emailed me back and thanked me for my thoughts and ideas..In 2005, I saw a marked improvement in the metro guide..
Which brings us to 2006..And frankly with this guide (IMO), they hit a HOME RUN! It is well worth the read and should be a proud keepsake for your coffee tables..The excellent lead piece penned by Nick Schinker titled 'Crescendo of pride' was tastefully written..And includes a large, close-up evening shot of the Omaha skyline coming in from Abbott Drive..The 'Lay of the land' section accurately describes the greater Omaha metro with updated 2005 US Census estimates of the Omaha CSA..And includes an excellent map-drawn illustration of the greater metro area..
I could go on and on..But in case any of you are members or visiting guests to our eomaha site..I'd like to take the time in this thread to recognize the Project Coordinator, Chris Christen, the section journalists, and the entire W-H Section Staff who undoubtedly worked very hard to put together a high quality, cosmopolitan guide to greater Omaha..Thank you..
For what it's worth, you all get a BIGTIME Cowboy Bravo for a job well done!
..Ciao..LiO....Peace