Coming Home to Omaha... but I need a job
-
RyaninOrangeCounty
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:21 pm
- Location: Santa Ana, CA
Coming Home to Omaha... but I need a job
Hi everyone. I'm an Omaha native who has been living in Southern California for the past 7 years, but I am currently planning a move back home. Keeping up with EOmaha over the last few years, I've been nothing short of amazed at just how far the city has come since I left after high school. Now that I'll finally be graduating from school in December, my wife and I are seriously looking to move to Omaha... but I need to find a job. I know a lot of the people on this site are fairly well connected in the planning and development fields, so maybe someone out there can help.
I'm looking for a position with a planning or development firm that has a strong emphasis on traditional neighborhood design. I have experience with TIF and redevelopment projects with a major city in California, and my degree is in Geography (with specializations in urban geography, architecture, and Latino studies). Skills include AutoCAD and GIS. Send me a PM if you have any leads. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'd also like to thank all of the EOmaha's members that have allowed me to keep track of the great things that have been happening in Omaha over the years. You may not realize it, but this is an invaluable resource for all of us who live far from the Big O. I look forward to buying you all a round of beers once I'm in town.
I'm looking for a position with a planning or development firm that has a strong emphasis on traditional neighborhood design. I have experience with TIF and redevelopment projects with a major city in California, and my degree is in Geography (with specializations in urban geography, architecture, and Latino studies). Skills include AutoCAD and GIS. Send me a PM if you have any leads. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'd also like to thank all of the EOmaha's members that have allowed me to keep track of the great things that have been happening in Omaha over the years. You may not realize it, but this is an invaluable resource for all of us who live far from the Big O. I look forward to buying you all a round of beers once I'm in town.
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:43 am
- Location: Denver
Coming Home to Omaha... but I need a job
I dunno how much traditional development they do, but if I was in your field, I'd strongly look into working at HDR. They got their hands in all kinds of stuff. Good luck with your move back to the big O! 
http://www.hdrinc.com/
http://www.hdrinc.com/
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Coming Home to Omaha... but I need a job
Good luck on your job search and journey back home Ryan.
-
Ingersoll1978
- Library Board
- Posts: 490
- Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 10:27 pm
- Location: Des Moines
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Coming Home to Omaha... but I need a job
Hi Ryan,
I have a plethora of resources I could send you info on (Omaha Home Builders, etc). I'm not at the office until Monday so I can't help you until then, unless I go in tomorrow. I might just do that for you. I'm working on my Realtor website to have a large amount of links that include a large ray of things.
Adam VanZee
I have a plethora of resources I could send you info on (Omaha Home Builders, etc). I'm not at the office until Monday so I can't help you until then, unless I go in tomorrow. I might just do that for you. I'm working on my Realtor website to have a large amount of links that include a large ray of things.
Adam VanZee
-
Asten
- Human Relations
- Posts: 689
- Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:25 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Physically: Chicagoland. Historically: Omaha
Coming Home to Omaha... but I need a job
I'd love to get back to OMA myself. Unfortunately the job search hasn't gone well thus far. 
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
- Location: Dundee
Coming Home to Omaha... but I need a job
My job search isn't going very good either. So I'm glad I am already here.
15-17, 26, 32
-
West2Omaha
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:21 pm
- Location: Elkhorn
Coming Home to Omaha... but I need a job
On a related note, I recently relocated back to Omaha after spending a year in Wichita. Great to be back!
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm
Coming Home to Omaha... but I need a job
Glad you're back. What made you move back? Not that you really need a reason. It was Wichita.
DTO
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Coming Home to Omaha... but I need a job
Sorry Ryan, I was busy all day today and just now getting on the internet.
Check this site out:
http://lotsomaha.com/
Check this site out:
http://lotsomaha.com/
-
RyaninOrangeCounty
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:21 pm
- Location: Santa Ana, CA
Coming Home to Omaha... but I need a job
Thanks, Adam. I've already started looking into HDR and RDG. Both look like great places to work. I'll keep you posted as I get a little further in the process. Thanks for your help.
-
kcisar
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:59 pm
Coming Home to Omaha... but I need a job
Ryan and those others actively looking for employment. My name is Kent and i work for a non profit organization called the AIM Institute. We run the website http://www.careerlink.com. If you'd like to email me your resume, I'd be more than happy to scan the listings and try to help if I can. you can reach me at [email protected].
Good luck!
Good luck!
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" Steve Prefontaine
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm
-
Asten
- Human Relations
- Posts: 689
- Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:25 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Physically: Chicagoland. Historically: Omaha
Coming Home to Omaha... but I need a job
I visit almost dailykcisar wrote:Ryan and those others actively looking for employment. My name is Kent and i work for a non profit organization called the AIM Institute. We run the website http://www.careerlink.com. If you'd like to email me your resume, I'd be more than happy to scan the listings and try to help if I can. you can reach me at [email protected].
Good luck!
I read the other day that about 5% of jobs are the result of ads... about 1% are the results of online ads. Most of the rest is networking.
Perhaps building a job networking site is worth a shot.
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Coming Home to Omaha... but I need a job
This site helped me get my job and meet some really cool people. So ya, that would be a great idea.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Coming Home to Omaha... but I need a job
Its good to see "puckhead" finally joining the forum!kcisar wrote:Ryan and those others actively looking for employment. My name is Kent and i work for a non profit organization called the AIM Institute. We run the website http://www.careerlink.com. If you'd like to email me your resume, I'd be more than happy to scan the listings and try to help if I can. you can reach me at [email protected].
Good luck!

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:12 pm
Coming Home to Omaha... but I need a job
And I'm sure he "wrok"s her world. ;)DTO Luv wrote:You wrok with my mom Kent.
-Big E
Stable genius.