Are there many of you on here?
Do you work primarily on freelance, for an agency, or part of a creative group in a company?
Omaha area web designers / web developers
-
bradical
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 103
- Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:07 am
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7784
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
Omaha area web designers / web developers
I'm not exactly a web developer but I have done some freelance work.
15-17, 26, 32
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Omaha area web designers / web developers
I had my own business years ago doing website work. Now, I'm mostly free lance.
Here's some stuff I've done:
http://www.omahawebservices.com
http://www.membanc.com
http://www.dundeecreations.com
http://www.thornburgplace.com
http://www.omahaevolution.com
Here's some stuff I've done:
http://www.omahawebservices.com
http://www.membanc.com
http://www.dundeecreations.com
http://www.thornburgplace.com
http://www.omahaevolution.com
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7784
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
Omaha area web designers / web developers
15-17, 26, 32
-
GaryFL
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 209
- Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:30 pm
- Location: Midtown!
Omaha area web designers / web developers
There is an Omaha web design group on Meetup.com. There was also a PHP one but it seems to be dissolving. Is anyone involved with these?
-
bradical
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 103
- Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:07 am
Omaha area web designers / web developers
I have attempted to make the PHP Meetup's, but they are always at inconvenient times and places.GaryFL wrote:There is an Omaha web design group on Meetup.com. There was also a PHP one but it seems to be dissolving. Is anyone involved with these?
Can you post the link to the Omaha Web Design Meetup group?
I would like to start a RefreshOmaha Organization.
More info here: http://www.refreshingcities.org/
-
GaryFL
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 209
- Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:30 pm
- Location: Midtown!
Omaha area web designers / web developers
Bradical,
There are two Meetup groups I'm aware of, "The The Omaha PHP Meetup Group" and "The Omaha Web Design Meetup Group." I don't have the link handy but they should be easy to find at meetup.com. However, the leader of both groups, a Jason W., recently stepped down as leader, and Meetup.com has been emailing people looking for someone to volunteer to lead. There seems to be interest, in the form of new people signing up via the web. I don't think I'm a good candidate to lead the group, since I don't know anyone and I'm not even in town yet. If you're feeling ambitious you might volunteer to head up both groups and try to get some meetings scheduled. You have to be a paid member of meetup.com though. Also, I emailed a guy named "Mat" who appeared to be the highest-ranking active member, for more information. I'll let you know what he says. I'm trying to get back into web design, so any group would be of interest to me. Feel free to send me a PM here if you like.
-- Gary
There are two Meetup groups I'm aware of, "The The Omaha PHP Meetup Group" and "The Omaha Web Design Meetup Group." I don't have the link handy but they should be easy to find at meetup.com. However, the leader of both groups, a Jason W., recently stepped down as leader, and Meetup.com has been emailing people looking for someone to volunteer to lead. There seems to be interest, in the form of new people signing up via the web. I don't think I'm a good candidate to lead the group, since I don't know anyone and I'm not even in town yet. If you're feeling ambitious you might volunteer to head up both groups and try to get some meetings scheduled. You have to be a paid member of meetup.com though. Also, I emailed a guy named "Mat" who appeared to be the highest-ranking active member, for more information. I'll let you know what he says. I'm trying to get back into web design, so any group would be of interest to me. Feel free to send me a PM here if you like.
-- Gary
-
bradical
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 103
- Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:07 am
Omaha area web designers / web developers
Just signed up!GaryFL wrote:Bradical,
There are two Meetup groups I'm aware of, "The The Omaha PHP Meetup Group" and "The Omaha Web Design Meetup Group." I don't have the link handy but they should be easy to find at meetup.com. However, the leader of both groups, a Jason W., recently stepped down as leader, and Meetup.com has been emailing people looking for someone to volunteer to lead. There seems to be interest, in the form of new people signing up via the web. I don't think I'm a good candidate to lead the group, since I don't know anyone and I'm not even in town yet. If you're feeling ambitious you might volunteer to head up both groups and try to get some meetings scheduled. You have to be a paid member of meetup.com though. Also, I emailed a guy named "Mat" who appeared to be the highest-ranking active member, for more information. I'll let you know what he says. I'm trying to get back into web design, so any group would be of interest to me. Feel free to send me a PM here if you like.
-- Gary
Thanks.
I am currently working on a couple of pretty cool projects.
http://www.investchallenge.com
http://www.traffic-buddy.com
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Omaha area web designers / web developers
Nice job on invest challenge. Hope you don't mind, but I took a look around and think you have a pretty good plan.
-
bradical
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 103
- Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:07 am
Omaha area web designers / web developers
Thanks.adam186 wrote:Nice job on invest challenge. Hope you don't mind, but I took a look around and think you have a pretty good plan.
I hope to have the site and game ready to be fully launched by the end of Jan 2007. It should be a fun little place to test your market skills.
-
xxtyderxx
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:15 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Omaha area web designers / web developers
I am a web developer. I have been working with HTML, CSS, PHP/MySQL for 4 years. I work as a freelancer. I can also design just as long or longer than I have programmed, but I am more of a web developer. The last thing I have ever designed was:
http://www.myprofilegear.com/design/01.jpg
That was a more professional design.
I can program anything in PHP/MySQL, create any kind of website, anything.
http://www.myprofilegear.com/design/01.jpg
That was a more professional design.
I can program anything in PHP/MySQL, create any kind of website, anything.
-
bradical
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 103
- Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:07 am
Omaha area web designers / web developers
Maybe make that March 2007...... :oops:bradical wrote:Thanks.adam186 wrote:Nice job on invest challenge. Hope you don't mind, but I took a look around and think you have a pretty good plan.
I hope to have the site and game ready to be fully launched by the end of Jan 2007. It should be a fun little place to test your market skills.