What is your favorite place to get a steak?
-
ItsAllAboutMe
- Human Relations
- Posts: 962
- Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:14 am
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
I am not steak person but when I do have guests from out of town who want to get a good steak I don't know where to go that is not extremely expensive or a horrible atmosphere.
I don't just want a place to get a great steak but a place I will enjoy being.
Help????
I don't just want a place to get a great steak but a place I will enjoy being.
Help????
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110964
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
http://www.brothersebastians.com/index.htm
Brother Sebastian's
Don't go here a lot but when I have I have never had a bad steak. It is unique, decent price, and very much OMAHA and not a chain.
Brother Sebastian's
Don't go here a lot but when I have I have never had a bad steak. It is unique, decent price, and very much OMAHA and not a chain.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
#1 Brother Sebastian's Steak House & Winery
(402) 330-0300
1350 S 119th
Omaha, NE 68144-1606
My Favorite: Surf and Turf (Lobster and Fillet)
#2 The Drover
(402) 391-7440
2121 S 73rd St
Omaha, NE 68124-2306
My Favorite: Ribeye
#3 Piccolo Pete's
(402) 342-9038
2202 S 20 St
Omaha, NE
My Favorite: Everything
#4Pink Poodle
(712) 545-3744
633 Old Lincoln Hwy
Crescent, IA 51526-3051
My Favorite: Prime Rib
As far as atmosphere of the above.... By Far goes to Brother Sebastian's
(402) 330-0300
1350 S 119th
Omaha, NE 68144-1606
My Favorite: Surf and Turf (Lobster and Fillet)
#2 The Drover
(402) 391-7440
2121 S 73rd St
Omaha, NE 68124-2306
My Favorite: Ribeye
#3 Piccolo Pete's
(402) 342-9038
2202 S 20 St
Omaha, NE
My Favorite: Everything
#4Pink Poodle
(712) 545-3744
633 Old Lincoln Hwy
Crescent, IA 51526-3051
My Favorite: Prime Rib
As far as atmosphere of the above.... By Far goes to Brother Sebastian's

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
joeglow
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2645
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:04 pm
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
-Amen. Best steak in town for the money.nebugeater wrote:http://www.brothersebastians.com/index.htm
Brother Sebastian's
Don't go here a lot but when I have I have never had a bad steak. It is unique, decent price, and very much OMAHA and not a chain.
Mahogany, if you can afford it, is the best.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Do they still dress like monks at Brother Sebastian's?
-Big E
-Big E
Stable genius.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Sure Do.Big E wrote:Do they still dress like monks at Brother Sebastian's?
-Big E

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
j4nu
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 248
- Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:27 pm
- Location: Old Market
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
\Brad wrote:#1 Brother Sebastian's Steak House & Winery
(402) 330-0300
1350 S 119th
Omaha, NE 68144-1606
My Favorite: Surf and Turf (Lobster and Fillet)
#2 The Drover
(402) 391-7440
2121 S 73rd St
Omaha, NE 68124-2306
My Favorite: Whiskey Stake
#3 Piccolo Pete's
(402) 342-9038
2202 S 20 St
Omaha, NE
My Favorite: Everything
#4Pink Poodle
(712) 545-3744
633 Old Lincoln Hwy
Crescent, IA 51526-3051
My Favorite: Prime Rib
As far as atmosphere of the above.... By Far goes to Brother Sebastian's
I agree with all the above but would add one more. Gorats is a great old school simple steak house. Not fancy and a bit dated but clean with fantastic service and even better steak.
-
bbinks
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1552
- Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
For Prime Rib, my best experience is the Pink Poodle in Crescent, IA.[/list]
-
jsheets
- Human Relations
- Posts: 596
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:06 pm
- Location: West Papio Lakes
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
The original Johnny's Cafe, the one in South O not the impostor at Village Pointe. Can't be topped anywhere.
Of course, Piccolo Pete's serves a great steak too. And Cascio's Steakhouse.
Of course, Piccolo Pete's serves a great steak too. And Cascio's Steakhouse.
-
Erik
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1524
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:55 am
...
Whiskey Creek (near Omaha in Fremont and Lincoln)
Farmer Browns
of course there is the national chains
Outback Steakhouse
Texas Roadhouse
I actually like the Cheesecake Factories steaks, they seem to have alot of intense flavor, but real expensive!!
Farmer Browns
of course there is the national chains
Outback Steakhouse
Texas Roadhouse
I actually like the Cheesecake Factories steaks, they seem to have alot of intense flavor, but real expensive!!
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
The Johnny's Italian Steakhouse at Village Point is one of about 8ish of a regional chain. It is merely a coincidence that they share the same name in the same town, and are not even REMOTELY trying to copy one another. Haven't been to the "original" in probably 20+ years, but the new one gets my enthusiastic thumbs up - from a non-chain fan.jsheets wrote:The original Johnny's Cafe, the one in South O not the impostor at Village Pointe.
-Big E
Stable genius.
-
ItsAllAboutMe
- Human Relations
- Posts: 962
- Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:14 am
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Thanks for all your meat suggestions :lol:
-
jsheets
- Human Relations
- Posts: 596
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:06 pm
- Location: West Papio Lakes
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Of course, yes I know this. Perhaps "impostor" was a strong word. :-)Big E wrote:The Johnny's Italian Steakhouse at Village Point is one of about 8ish of a regional chain. It is merely a coincidence that they share the same name in the same town, and are not even REMOTELY trying to copy one another. Haven't been to the "original" in probably 20+ years, but the new one gets my enthusiastic thumbs up - from a non-chain fan.jsheets wrote:The original Johnny's Cafe, the one in South O not the impostor at Village Pointe.
-Big E
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Except for the fact that it is a chain, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Johnny's Italian Steak House in VP, I would highly recommend it.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110964
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Brad wrote:Except for the fact that it is a chain, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Johnny's Italian Steak House in VP, I would highly recommend it.
As far as a steak goes at VP I really like Firebirds .
Have always had good food and service there at a decent price. It is a chain in about 10 cities.
http://www.firebirdsrockymountaingrill.com/
And by the way, why does the single fact that is chain make it bad? It seems like there are PLENTY of chains that people want to come to Omaha and rant and rave when some other location has them and Omaha doesn't. I.E. Cheesecake factory, Pottery Barn, APPLE, And the list goes on and on.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
The single fact that it is a chain doesn't necessarily make it bad. From my perspective, the selection of chains in Omaha had been (for a long time) pretty terrible food, and it is what I grew up associating "chain" restaurants with. Got your 17 pieces of flair? In the last few years, though, it is pretty obvious that there are some high quality chains out there.
The stigma with chains currently is that they are this big, bad WalMart of a business model, waiting on the outskirts for local entrepreneurs to establish a thriving marketplace, and then pouncing in with their corporate backing and purchasing power to suck up all the discretionary spending. I don't totally disagree with that sentiment.
There is also the feeling that the "chaining" of restaurants is going to lead to homogeneity from one market to the next. "Have you been to the Hard Rock in Vegas, LA or Seattle?" "No, but I've been to the one in Baltimore, DC, and Boston." "Oh, but the best ones are in Chicago, Minneapolis and St Louis." Local areas will lose their identity. This is the one that I fear the most.
-Big E
The stigma with chains currently is that they are this big, bad WalMart of a business model, waiting on the outskirts for local entrepreneurs to establish a thriving marketplace, and then pouncing in with their corporate backing and purchasing power to suck up all the discretionary spending. I don't totally disagree with that sentiment.
There is also the feeling that the "chaining" of restaurants is going to lead to homogeneity from one market to the next. "Have you been to the Hard Rock in Vegas, LA or Seattle?" "No, but I've been to the one in Baltimore, DC, and Boston." "Oh, but the best ones are in Chicago, Minneapolis and St Louis." Local areas will lose their identity. This is the one that I fear the most.
-Big E
Stable genius.
-
Raraavis
- Library Board
- Posts: 313
- Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:36 pm
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Mahogany has the best steaks in Omaha but it is very expensive (for Omaha).
If your guests are from New York they may think Mahogany's prices are reasonable.
If your guests are from New York they may think Mahogany's prices are reasonable.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
FYI:Raraavis wrote:Mahogany has the best steaks in Omaha but it is very expensive (for Omaha).
If your guests are from New York they may think Mahogany's prices are reasonable.
Discovered that The Paxton has a Sunday prix fixe menu for $30. It included salad, vegetable, potato, 8 oz filet and desert. The steak was cooked perfectly and I was absolutely completely and totally stuffed afterwards. There were two other entree other options on there, but I stopped listening after the filet.
-Big E
Stable genius.
-
GaryFL
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 209
- Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:30 pm
- Location: Midtown!
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
No Anthony's fans? Everyone at my work thinks that's the best steakhouse in town. I've been there once, and was reasonably impressed. It had a nice atmosphere. Apparently their specialty is the T-Bone. (I'm more of a New York Strip guy myself.) They've even opened up a club inside it.
-
ModestMouse
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:00 pm
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
dear god.
Brother Sebastian has beef carpaccio?
must get my raw beef fix!
Brother Sebastian has beef carpaccio?
must get my raw beef fix!
-
AF_Jim
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:05 pm
What's the best place for a steak?
I have some family coming in, and I know Omaha is known for it's Steaks, so what's a good place to go?
A price range would be good too.
A price range would be good too.
-
icejammer
- County Board
- Posts: 3569
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:39 am
- Location: Council Bluffs
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
--William Jennings Bryan
--William Jennings Bryan
-
AF_Jim
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:05 pm
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Oh geeze, I did a search and for some reason that didn't come up. I apologize.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
No big deal, I just combined them. Welcome to the Forum Jim!

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Welcome to eOmahaForums AF_Jim.
I just turned this into a poll - so if you all want to vote for your favorite steak place...
I just turned this into a poll - so if you all want to vote for your favorite steak place...
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
A year later I am going to stay with Brother Sebastian's as my #1
Brad wrote:#1 Brother Sebastian's Steak House & Winery
(402) 330-0300
1350 S 119th
Omaha, NE 68144-1606
My Favorite: Surf and Turf (Lobster and Fillet)

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
I can't recommend the $30 Sunday prix fixe at The Paxton Chophouse enough, and there's no better bang/buck ratio in town. (Drinks are hefty, though.) It's pretty expensive other nights, though, but it is outstanding.
And I should also add that on a Sunday evening, you can usually park right in front of the door for free unless there's a huge event going on downtown.
-Big E
And I should also add that on a Sunday evening, you can usually park right in front of the door for free unless there's a huge event going on downtown.
-Big E
Last edited by Big E on Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stable genius.
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Oops, forgot about that one, most excellent I agree.Brad wrote:A year later I am going to stay with Brother Sebastian's as my #1
Jericho's is good too, but they didn't serve fries the last time I was there.
(Yeah, I know, b*tch b*tch b*tch!)
-
bbinks
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1552
- Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Not on your list, but Jerico's gets my vote.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
So added.bbinks wrote:Not on your list, but Jerico's gets my vote.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Steak is for poor people. There are much more elusive animals to over pay for.
DTO
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Sizzler?
Golden Corral?
(ducking, running, looking for a place to hide!)
Tad's? (anybody else remember that one?)
Golden Corral?
(ducking, running, looking for a place to hide!)
Tad's? (anybody else remember that one?)
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
A perfectly cooked prime fillet, seared on the outside, bloody and room temperature in the middle... You can't beat it, add a lobster tail to it and I am in heaven!DTO Luv wrote:Steak is for poor people. There are much more elusive animals to over pay for.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
All steak is, is fancy hamburger. I still think it's ok, but there are much better dinning experiences out there and steak just gets too much, needless attention.
DTO
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Have you had a Prime Fillet? That not hamburger... Not even close. Now I have had steaks in the past the should have been ground up, but not a Prime Fillet.DTO Luv wrote:All steak is, is fancy hamburger. I still think it's ok, but there are much better dinning experiences out there and steak just gets too much, needless attention.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Like what? Unicorns? Humans?DTO Luv wrote:Steak is for poor people. There are much more elusive animals to over pay for.
Sorry, DTO... I gotta call BS on you on this one.
-Big E
Stable genius.
-
ShawJ
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1573
- Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:58 pm
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Do Pepperjax steak phillies count? :lol:
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036567
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
ShawJ wrote:Do Pepperjax steak phillies count? :lol:
NO! but they are darn good.....

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Big E wrote:Like what? Unicorns? Humans?DTO Luv wrote:Steak is for poor people. There are much more elusive animals to over pay for.
Sorry, DTO... I gotta call BS on you on this one.
-Big E
Shark. Geoduck. Bald Eagle. ( kidding on the eagle of course)
Don't get me wrong, steak is good and every so often (rarely though) I will have some. BUT I don't think it's the end all, be all eating experience. Especially here steak is just so common so why not try something more exotic. I would equate that believing steak is the epitome of food is equal to thinking that wearing a husker sweat shirt to a restaurant is dressing up.
But hey eat what you like. Steak just doesn't hold a special place for me.
DTO
-
nebport5
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2804
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
- Location: 68102
What is your favorite place to get a steak?
Anyone been to Omaha Prime, Passport or Fleming's?