Rock Bottom Brewery
-
Guest
Rock Bottom Brewery
Rock Bottom Brewery will be locating in the soon to be former Famous Daves location in the Old Market.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Rock Bottom Brewery
Not really fond of either place so it's a wash for me. Had RBB in Chicago and didn't think it was that great.
DTO
-
Harpoon
- Human Relations
- Posts: 556
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 8:46 pm
Rock Bottom Brewery
I had rock bottom at the minneapolis airport the other day, food was average, beer was good.
-
Guest
Re: Rock Bottom Brewery
Anonymous wrote:Rock Bottom Brewery will be locating in the soon to be former Famous Daves location in the Old Market.
Huh, when I posted that Famous Dave's was closing before the big database meltdown, I was told I was crazy and didn't have good info...hmmmm
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Rock Bottom Brewery
F.D.'s closing? News to this BBQ connoisseur.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Rock Bottom Brewery
I went to Rock Bottom in DesMoines several years ago, I remember it being decent. I don't know why you would go there when upstream is a block away.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
Rock Bottom Brewery
Because it's actually TWO blocks away, and that my friend, is just too goddamn far to walk.Brad wrote:I went to Rock Bottom in DesMoines several years ago, I remember it being decent. I don't know why you would go there when upstream is a block away.
Stable genius.
-
cdub
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1216
- Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 1:38 pm
- Location: Tempe. AZ
Rock Bottom Brewery
I will take that trade. One chain for another, but the second one brews beer!
I generally like RB but they were better 5 years ago then they are now. They used to have an awesome BBQ chx pizza that was perfect for lunch.
I generally like RB but they were better 5 years ago then they are now. They used to have an awesome BBQ chx pizza that was perfect for lunch.
-
ghiaray
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:50 am
Re: Rock Bottom Brewery
Anonymous wrote:Rock Bottom Brewery will be locating in the soon to be former Famous Daves location in the Old Market.
I Love Beer!
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Rock Bottom Brewery
That was all I had there was the beer and I wasn't too fond of it. There was one near our hotel in Chicago when me and a bunch of friends went out there for my Bday. THe beer was ok but at that price it was easy to convince everyone to drink and dash.
DTO
-
Ben
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1064
- Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:57 pm
- Location: Westside
Rock Bottom Brewery
If it is in the works, its not listed on Rock Bottom's website as coming soon yet, so we're still a ways off.
Also, it'll be interesting to see what, if anything, this does to Old Chicago's business. While OC's definitely a family pizza joint, there are many people (myself included) that go primarily for their spectacular beer selection. With a beer focused restaurant next door, I've got to think that'd kill their bar business...
Also, it'll be interesting to see what, if anything, this does to Old Chicago's business. While OC's definitely a family pizza joint, there are many people (myself included) that go primarily for their spectacular beer selection. With a beer focused restaurant next door, I've got to think that'd kill their bar business...
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Rock Bottom Brewery
Its the same company. Rock Bottom Restaurants is the owner of Old Chicago and Rock Bottom Brewery, as well as others.Ben wrote:Also, it'll be interesting to see what, if anything, this does to Old Chicago's business. While OC's definitely a family pizza joint, there are many people (myself included) that go primarily for their spectacular beer selection. With a beer focused restaurant next door, I've got to think that'd kill their bar business...
http://www.rockbottomrestaurantsinc.com/

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7784
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
Rock Bottom Brewery
Hey if they move in and occupy and empty retail bay and pay their taxes then welcome to the Old Market Rock Bottom Brewery. Competition is a good thing. I just hope they don't put the squeeze on anyone else's bottom line.
-
HskrFanMike
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:40 pm
Rock Bottom Brewery
Look for a lawsuit from the Rock Bottom Cafe at 80th & Center.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Rock Bottom Brewery
90th and Center before it was bulldozed a few weeks backs was "Rock Bottom Cafe", this is "Rock Bottom Brewery".HskrFanMike wrote:Look for a lawsuit from the Rock Bottom Cafe at 80th & Center.
Reminds me of "Johnny's Cafe", and "Johnny's Italian Steakhouse", - one local, one chain.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
windsor
- Human Relations
- Posts: 815
- Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:04 am
- Location: Omaha
Rock Bottom Brewery
I wonder how much of a cost saving measure it would be to have two restaurants next to each other? It will be interesting to see if this rumor pans out.
where the corn meets the concrete
-
bargainhunter
- Library Board
- Posts: 256
- Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:58 pm
- Location: CB
Rock Bottom Brewery
OWH help wanted classifieds this weekend had an ad for the Rock Bottom Brewery
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Rock Bottom Brewery
Walked by Famous Dave's in the OM Saturday and it was open for business with a big banner out front.
-
cp jay 07
- Human Relations
- Posts: 734
- Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:31 am
Rock Bottom Brewery
Famous Dave's will be closed by the end of August if not sooner. Talked to two friends who work there the other night and they both told me that Fd's will be closed by the end of the August.
I also talked to a friend who works at O.C. and she told me the same thing.
I wonder how soon Rock Bottom will open, I would love to try it out during a Creighton UNO DH at the Qwest.
I also talked to a friend who works at O.C. and she told me the same thing.
I wonder how soon Rock Bottom will open, I would love to try it out during a Creighton UNO DH at the Qwest.
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8993
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Rock Bottom Brewery
It will be the same owner. Cuttschall will own it still after the conversion.
Greg
Greg
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Rock Bottom Brewery
eomahaforums ahead of the OWH by three weeks.
New suds on the block
http://www.omaha.com/article/20090731/E ... /707319885
New suds on the block
http://www.omaha.com/article/20090731/E ... /707319885
Omaha World-Herald wrote:Omaha's Cutchall Management Co. plans to open a franchise of the Colorado-based Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery chain this fall in the Old Market spot that's currently home to a Famous Dave's.
Owner Greg Cutchall said he completed a deal to become Rock Bottom's first franchisee and submitted plans to the city this week. If all goes smoothly, he said, construction will begin in mid-September and the new restaurant, called Rock Bottom Restaurant and Gold-Medal Tap, will open by Thanksgiving.
Rock Bottom has about 35 company-owned restaurants, including one in West Des Moines. Its restaurant group also owns and franchises Old Chicago locations.
The Rock Bottom concept features American fare (burgers, sandwiches, salads, steaks and such), full service and its own handcrafted beers.
Omaha World-Herald wrote:Cutchall said the Famous Dave's at 11th and Harney Streets will close after Labor Day. But he hopes to find a new home for it somewhere in northwest Omaha.
He said the Old Market location has been profitable but relatively close to another Famous Dave's he has in Council Bluffs. He said he expects to retain, relocate or rehire all or most of the Old Market location's managers and employees.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
Rock Bottom Brewery
The OM Famous Dave's is completely empty as advertised. We'll see how the Rock Bottom does. I'll check it out, though how many "American fare" and beer places do we need in the OM? I'll miss the option of BBQ there.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Rock Bottom Brewery
I know. I liked FD ok but now that it's not there I'll miss it. From what I saw of RBB in Chicago I wasn't impressed and would much rather have FD.
DTO
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Rock Bottom Brewery
If FD is looking to relocate DT I wonder if they're looking at the space in the Landmark Center that used to be the Cactus Cafe and Garden Cafe. It seems to be big enough and is close enough to the old location that they wouldn't lose too much of their clientele. Plus being inside the building with the employees here it would always have a crowd.
DTO
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
Rock Bottom Brewery
I saw a few people inside the old Cactus Cafe yesterday walking around and going over blueprints. Perhaps they have something planned for that place finally?
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Rock Bottom Brewery
I hope so. It's a shame that place is vacant. It's in a pretty prime spot but I heard they were just asking too much for that spot.
DTO
-
Murz
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:56 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Rock Bottom Brewery
If you ever want to check out the spot and rents for places in the Old Market...go to http://www.loopnet.com
Search properties for Lease, and put in the info you are looking for. You get the most results downtown just putting in Omaha and zip code 68102.
Use the pulldown to check the $/month rent
Search properties for Lease, and put in the info you are looking for. You get the most results downtown just putting in Omaha and zip code 68102.
Use the pulldown to check the $/month rent
-
Murz
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:56 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Rock Bottom Brewery
Just did a walk through of Rock Bottom Brewery yesterday....WOW! What an amazing job they have done in a short time. The whole bay is open and 3 booths have their own beer taps. We are going to a lunch service this Thursday....will report back!
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Rock Bottom Brewery
Of all peoplel should you being going, "Boo this place is terrible to drink at. Places on Howard St. are much better."Murz wrote:Just did a walk through of Rock Bottom Brewery yesterday....WOW! What an amazing job they have done in a short time. The whole bay is open and 3 booths have their own beer taps. We are going to a lunch service this Thursday....will report back!
DTO
-
Murz
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:56 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Rock Bottom Brewery
I got the higher ups full of booze on Saturday Night.....they couldn't help but invite me. :;):DTO Luv wrote:Of all peoplel should you being going, "Boo this place is terrible to drink at. Places on Howard St. are much better."Murz wrote:Just did a walk through of Rock Bottom Brewery yesterday....WOW! What an amazing job they have done in a short time. The whole bay is open and 3 booths have their own beer taps. We are going to a lunch service this Thursday....will report back!
-
bargainhunter
- Library Board
- Posts: 256
- Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:58 pm
- Location: CB
Rock Bottom Brewery
Grand Opening Monday, November 16.
Prices seem a little high, but I'll give it a chance.
http://www.rockbottom.com/DisplayLocati ... onID=10167
http://www.rockbottomrestaurantsinc.com ... seID=10143
Prices seem a little high, but I'll give it a chance.
http://www.rockbottom.com/DisplayLocati ... onID=10167
http://www.rockbottomrestaurantsinc.com ... seID=10143
Rock Bottom Restaurants Inc. said it plans to debut a new "polished casual" concept next month in Omaha, Neb. The new restaurant, Rock Bottom Gold Medal Tap, will focus on craft beers from Rock Bottom's proprietary lineup and microbrewers around the United States.
In addition to the requisite emphasis on specialty beers, the brewpub concept will have a large selection of cocktails, infused spirits and wine. The menu reportedly will feature steaks, seafood, build-your-own burgers, flatbreads and prime-rib specials on the weekends.
-
skibum21
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:11 am
Rock Bottom Brewery
Yikes,prices are high. They are higher than the Rock Bottom in the Minneapolis airport. Airport restaurants are usually always higher. Of course, I ate there in late May, so maybe they raised their prices too.bargainhunter wrote:Grand Opening Monday, November 16.
Prices seem a little high, but I'll give it a chance.
http://www.rockbottom.com/DisplayLocati ... onID=10167
http://www.rockbottomrestaurantsinc.com ... seID=10143Rock Bottom Restaurants Inc. said it plans to debut a new "polished casual" concept next month in Omaha, Neb. The new restaurant, Rock Bottom Gold Medal Tap, will focus on craft beers from Rock Bottom's proprietary lineup and microbrewers around the United States.
In addition to the requisite emphasis on specialty beers, the brewpub concept will have a large selection of cocktails, infused spirits and wine. The menu reportedly will feature steaks, seafood, build-your-own burgers, flatbreads and prime-rib specials on the weekends.
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8993
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Rock Bottom Brewery
I went on Thursday night for Friends and Family night. A friend runs a Famous Dave's. It was nicer inside than I thought it would be. I was thinking it would look in the class of Old Chicago but it's a step up from that. I had the rib eye. It was really good and very large. When they open I think it's going to cost $19.95 which is very reasonable for the quality and amount of food. Thought the dinner menu as a whole looked good for the $. Might be a little much for lunch. Tried a couple of the beers. Once was a seasonal that was good, another was a wheat, both really good.
Not sure if this was posted earlier but they have some table right up front with taps built in, very cool. I'll definitely hit this place for dinner before UNO games and a beer afterwards.
Greg
Not sure if this was posted earlier but they have some table right up front with taps built in, very cool. I'll definitely hit this place for dinner before UNO games and a beer afterwards.
Greg
-
RegisResident
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:45 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Rock Bottom Brewery
I stopped by on Friday night with a couple of friends- the beer taps at the front tables are really cool- the bartender explained that it is a computerized system so the waiter for the table swipes their card and it allows the people at the table to pour 32 oz. of beer from the tap. If they need more, the waiter simply swipes their card again. There is a little screen on the table that shows how much of the 32 oz. have been poured.
Overall the beer was pretty good and the service was good considering they just finished training for the day. We didn't have any food since we ate at Blue earlier in the evening.
Overall the beer was pretty good and the service was good considering they just finished training for the day. We didn't have any food since we ate at Blue earlier in the evening.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
Rock Bottom Brewery
FYI, Rock Bottom and Old Chicago brands are both owned by the same company, http://www.rockbottomrestaurantsinc.com, which also owns a few other brands I'm not familiar with.Greg S wrote:It was nicer inside than I thought it would be. I was thinking it would look in the class of Old Chicago but it's a step up from that.
Stable genius.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Rock Bottom Brewery
From looking at the DSM menu, which lists prices, it would appear that for someone eating lunch, splitting an appetizer, having a burger or sandwich or other lunch type main course, and a soft drink, the tab would run over $20 per person. The DSM web page indicates that they are aiming for a hotel trade (15 hotels located within 1 mile of the restaurant). For someone on an expense account $20 or $24 for lunch isn't bad. But for the average Joe, it won't cut it. Maybe they will run lunch specials. People expect to pay upwards of $15 to eat lunch in the OM, but $20-$24 including tax and tip is a bit pricey in my opinion.
-
Murz
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:56 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Rock Bottom Brewery
If the food and service is great, this will be a non-factor. It's when people pay an elevated price and the place doesn't deliver. People are all over the board with what they will pay for lunch, the OM has many options to satisfy every budget.nativeomahan wrote:From looking at the DSM menu, which lists prices, it would appear that for someone eating lunch, splitting an appetizer, having a burger or sandwich or other lunch type main course, and a soft drink, the tab would run over $20 per person. The DSM web page indicates that they are aiming for a hotel trade (15 hotels located within 1 mile of the restaurant). For someone on an expense account $20 or $24 for lunch isn't bad. But for the average Joe, it won't cut it. Maybe they will run lunch specials. People expect to pay upwards of $15 to eat lunch in the OM, but $20-$24 including tax and tip is a bit pricey in my opinion.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
Rock Bottom Brewery
Blasphemy. It is almost as if you're suggesting everyone doesn't want $8 endless pasta or $1 Busch Lights.Murz wrote:It's when people pay an elevated price and the place doesn't deliver.
Stable genius.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Rock Bottom Brewery
I went there for lunch today. Overall it was pretty good. There were a few things that gave me pause but nothing that would deter me from going back.
As a bar I think the place will be popular for drinkers but not drinkers that will come in wearing jeans and a tshirt. It will probably be more frequented by a 30's and up crowd as opposed to a 20 something hangout. As far as the food, I can see it being a popular as a date spot for couples that aren't trying to impress each other anymore but not wanting to go someplace just to eat, as say Old Chicago next door.
The interior is very nice. It's very stately and simple. The brick walls are a nice base for the black iron framework on the walls and windows with dim lighting. This might be my second favorite place DT interior after O. The one thing I would add is some black semi translucent blinds on the windows. There was too much light coming in and it kind of threw off the rest of the otherwise night-on-the-town atmosphere.
I was on lunch so I didn't try any of the beer.
I think the food is definitely what will make this place stand out. The menu wasn't overly inspiring but it's a happy compromise on feeling like you're eating at the Paxton Chophouse but getting away with paying for Upstream. (Although Upstream is local I think the place sucks and would much recommend RB over Upstream). Their was a small lunch menu of things super discounted and I ended up going with the Mac'n Chicken, soup and salad. The meal came with the salad, the soup was extra.
The salad was good. The semi dried cranberries kept in theme with the restaurant. Nicer than most places but plainer than you would think. The soup of the day was RB's spin on French Onion but it was made with one of the RB's beer. I think wheat. The soup was delicious. I'm not a fan of onion soup at all but I would go back and get a bowl of this. It was very good.
I shouldn't have been too pumped about something called Mac'n Chicken but I had my hopes up. Just as much as I was let down with this I was happy with it. The portion, even at the discounted lunch special, was a dissapointment. The regular price of $12 may have had more but I forgot to ask. The Parmesan crusted chicken was delicious and could stand on it's own as an entree and not part of another. Overall the meal was great and for the price I paid was worth it, however if I paid for the full price of it I would expect more but I'll let it slide this time.
I'll definitely be back to try it out as a bar. The main thing I want try out is the tables that have their own beer dispensers. I see more drunk posts in the future. It turns out the manager there is an old manager of mine from another restaurant, one of the few hold overs from the old Famous Dave's.
As a bar I think the place will be popular for drinkers but not drinkers that will come in wearing jeans and a tshirt. It will probably be more frequented by a 30's and up crowd as opposed to a 20 something hangout. As far as the food, I can see it being a popular as a date spot for couples that aren't trying to impress each other anymore but not wanting to go someplace just to eat, as say Old Chicago next door.
The interior is very nice. It's very stately and simple. The brick walls are a nice base for the black iron framework on the walls and windows with dim lighting. This might be my second favorite place DT interior after O. The one thing I would add is some black semi translucent blinds on the windows. There was too much light coming in and it kind of threw off the rest of the otherwise night-on-the-town atmosphere.
I was on lunch so I didn't try any of the beer.
I think the food is definitely what will make this place stand out. The menu wasn't overly inspiring but it's a happy compromise on feeling like you're eating at the Paxton Chophouse but getting away with paying for Upstream. (Although Upstream is local I think the place sucks and would much recommend RB over Upstream). Their was a small lunch menu of things super discounted and I ended up going with the Mac'n Chicken, soup and salad. The meal came with the salad, the soup was extra.
The salad was good. The semi dried cranberries kept in theme with the restaurant. Nicer than most places but plainer than you would think. The soup of the day was RB's spin on French Onion but it was made with one of the RB's beer. I think wheat. The soup was delicious. I'm not a fan of onion soup at all but I would go back and get a bowl of this. It was very good.
I shouldn't have been too pumped about something called Mac'n Chicken but I had my hopes up. Just as much as I was let down with this I was happy with it. The portion, even at the discounted lunch special, was a dissapointment. The regular price of $12 may have had more but I forgot to ask. The Parmesan crusted chicken was delicious and could stand on it's own as an entree and not part of another. Overall the meal was great and for the price I paid was worth it, however if I paid for the full price of it I would expect more but I'll let it slide this time.
I'll definitely be back to try it out as a bar. The main thing I want try out is the tables that have their own beer dispensers. I see more drunk posts in the future. It turns out the manager there is an old manager of mine from another restaurant, one of the few hold overs from the old Famous Dave's.
DTO
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
Rock Bottom Brewery
Let us know how comfy the booths are for one of your "naps".DTO Luv wrote:The main thing I want try out is the tables that have their own beer dispensers. I see more drunk posts in the future.
Stable genius.