Jeffrey Robb
WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:An Omaha businessman fond of RV camping outside the Rosenblatt Stadium version of the College World Series has plans to bring a new Dingerville to the riverfront.
Jeffrey Robb
WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Jay Rybin, owner of Rybin Plumbing and Heating, wants to create an RV park with up to 150 pads two miles from the stadium near Freedom Park — out of sight from TD Ameritrade Park's confines. Rybin said he gets no sense that an RV park isn't wanted.
But several parties with interests close to the College World Series and north downtown aren't exactly going to bat for the idea. The NCAA wouldn't comment. College World Series Inc. and the Omaha Convention and Visitors Bureau said they want to know what the City of Omaha thinks of the idea.
Uffda wrote:Yeah the Anchor Inn area is in Nebraska but you need to cross through Iowa to get to it.
Also I really don't see an problem with this RV park as most people won't even know it is there.
Eh? You can get to it from Abbott Drive. Is there some sliver of Carter Lake you have to cross to get to it?
Anyway, RV park downtown, no. Freedom Park, yeah it would fit nicely. I wouldn't be surprised if the CB side of the pedestrian bridge did something for RV's, also.
S33 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the CB side of the pedestrian bridge did something for RV's, also.
And why is that??
Easy... Because it's a "park", not a mid-major city downtown district. Relax, I'm an Iowa boy, I'm not taking a dig at C.B. - at least in this instance. :)
OmahaBen wrote:
Yes. You've never noticed the "Welcome to Iowa" signs on Abbott Drive?
Unless there was a pretty girl in a bikini prominently displayed on that sign, there is a good chance I missed it. :;):
S33 wrote:Eh? You can get to it from Abbott Drive. Is there some sliver of Carter Lake you have to cross to get to it?
Yes. You've never noticed the "Welcome to Iowa" signs on Abbott Drive?
i think the 'welcome to iowa' is further down on abbott; i'm pretty sure that you have to exit onto the access road before you hit it?
Pretty sure they're still directly on Abbott Drive, one each direction, though I have no clue exactly where on Abbott Drive they are. I always thought Nebraska should put a "Welcome Back" sign the 1/8 mile or however far down the road you get back into the state.
It was real easy to tell what state you were in on the road to freedom park. The Iowa portion was not maintained because there were no Iowa businesses or residences on that road so they didn't take care of it. It was night and day Iowa/Nebraska