TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106375
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
[youtube][/youtube]
-
Stargazer
- County Board
- Posts: 4182
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
- Location: Bennington
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
I had thought the same thing as well... punch cards... guess the ticker tape makes more sense.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
I was only there for one year before transferring to AugustanaLinkin5 wrote:You guys for real? Thats my alma mater!byrdrules wrote:Go Yotes!Uffda wrote:Ah programming cards from my fort and last computer programming class Badic. fall 1975 at USDak
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Council OKs TIF plan for TD Ameritrade area
Matt Wynn, Omaha World-Herald wrote:The council approved the measure by a 5-2 vote. Jean Stothert and Franklin Thompson voted against the measure.
-
bigredmed
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1897
- Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Good for them. At least two of our council members did the right thing. TIF for this means other people in the neighborhood will lose. If the owners of TDA can afford the Cubs, why cant they cover this tab?Coyote wrote:Council OKs TIF plan for TD Ameritrade area
Matt Wynn, Omaha World-Herald wrote:The council approved the measure by a 5-2 vote. Jean Stothert and Franklin Thompson voted against the measure.
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Sure, but the project was undertaken without that assurance, as$hole. (as I understand) If not, I'm glad to see the city doing it's diligence with handshake business.But Rick Anderson, a lawyer who spoke on behalf of TD Ameritrade, said the proposal was in line with state statutes.
“The project would not have been undertaken without the assurance of the city that the street improvements would be made,” he said
-
Seth
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1436
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:59 pm
- Location: Ford Birthsite Neighborhood
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Regardless of the merits of the original assurance (again, assuming it's at it appears), we have to honor that commitment. You won't attract much new business with the reputation of reneging on deals.S33 wrote:Sure, but the project was undertaken without that assurance, as$hole. (as I understand) If not, I'm glad to see the city doing it's diligence with handshake business.But Rick Anderson, a lawyer who spoke on behalf of TD Ameritrade, said the proposal was in line with state statutes.
“The project would not have been undertaken without the assurance of the city that the street improvements would be made,” he said
Now, if one representative is making the promises without agreement from those who have to approve the actual agreement, then we have a problem.
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4886
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Brad, you have any recent pics of this monstrosity? :)
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036559
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Nope, sorry. Sad thing is that I work so close, I can look out the window see it...Linkin5 wrote:Brad, you have any recent pics of this monstrosity? :)
My regular camera is in the shop, but I will try to bring a old one tomorrow and get a few shots.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036559
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
I still haven't gotten a photo.
However I did notice the other day that the interior work is progressing nicely. It look like they had 4 or 5 floors completed. They also added red lights to the top so airplanes and helicopters can see it.
However I did notice the other day that the interior work is progressing nicely. It look like they had 4 or 5 floors completed. They also added red lights to the top so airplanes and helicopters can see it.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
charlie123
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:52 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
-
MadMartin8
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2958
- Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
- Location: Beyond Thunderdome
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
I'm so glad they put it on stilts. You never know when a hurricane is going to come through and flood the creek!
-
charlie123
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:52 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
A photo taken 1 block to the east in the evening (facing west) Not Brad quality, but it shows what is completed on the inside. The South facing side is certainly much nicer looking at night.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003378
- Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
- Location: West Central Omaha
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
I heard that the current employees have already gotten a tour of the new building.
-
TechnicalDisaster
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1649
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:47 pm
- Location: I got old...
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Yes, the current employees have already been given tours of the building, but many of the floors were completely empty at that time.
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Everytime I look at that building I think, somewhere, an architect tried to hard.
-
charlie123
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:52 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
The lights have been on now for the past 4 or 5 nights I believe. Here's what the building looks like now at night. (Taken 1/21/2013) It's interesting how the windows appear to "pop out" as the lights shine from all directions up and down. Image is of North side/Dodge Street side (back of bldg). --I believe they do stay on all night

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by charlie123 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036559
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Cool. Are they on all night?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nebport5
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2803
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
- Location: 68102
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
nice pic, but it doesn't really do justice to what it looks like in person, in that it really does look igloo-like. I know some don't care for it but it's the most interesting major structure built in Omaha in some time. I know everything can't be downtown, but it really would've added to the skyline.
-
charlie123
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:52 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Nebport5 - I agree, the picture doesn't look as good as it does in person. During the day, the front of it (South Side) seems to be more attractive w/the design, then at night, the back is my favorite...with the lighting. The front doesn't appear to light up as much as the back does.
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
I still don't think that the windows look like ticker tape.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
I just noticed the building all lit up tonight. And I must say that for the very first time I found something to like about this piece of architecture.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036559
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
New lights and an awesome sunrise this morning (Thursday 1/24/2012)
Wish I had time to set up the tripod...

Wish I had time to set up the tripod...


Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4886
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Crazy how much of a difference the lighting makes.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11629
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Amazing how close that looks to the rendering.


-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036559
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
SPLIT: Tax Increment Financing Discussion
Now Located Over Here:
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14093
Now Located Over Here:
http://eomahaforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14093

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Fairmount
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:12 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
TD Ameritrade building looks weird at night.
-
windsor
- Human Relations
- Posts: 815
- Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:04 am
- Location: Omaha
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
While the TD Ameritrade building is not my favorite building in the world, I certainly respect them for using environmentally friendly glass even though its not the most popular color out there. I also like how they tried the ticker tape pattern so we don't have just another green box. I do like how it looks at night. The next big test will be the traffic when they all start to move in over the next couple months.
where the corn meets the concrete
-
charlie123
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:52 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Any idea when they start moving employees into the new building?
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110956
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Based on the interview that took place duiring one of the Husker basball games this last weekend (they were the game sponser) they have already started to move some people in, as I understood what they said. It will be a phased move in over the next couple of months before completed.
charlie123 wrote:Any idea when they start moving employees into the new building?
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
I have a brother who works for Ameritrade and he says that they have a test group or something in there already.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003378
- Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
- Location: West Central Omaha
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
All four news stations were here today and are going to be doing a story tonight. The OWH is doing an article in the morning on the progress of the building.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036559
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Last night on the news, they said that the first employees start working at the building on Monday.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003378
- Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
- Location: West Central Omaha
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Actually, the first employees moved in like a month ago. And the sys admins moved in last Thursday. Southroads is going to start moving today and should be finished up by Monday. The rest of the T2 team are still a few weeks away.Brad wrote:Last night on the news, they said that the first employees start working at the building on Monday.
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003378
- Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
- Location: West Central Omaha
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
A blurry cell phone pic I took of the 7th floor:


-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003378
- Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
- Location: West Central Omaha
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Open house Saturday June 15th for associates to show people the new building. Anyone here want to check it out?
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Finally saw TD illuminated at night, looks pretty good. Think I've changed my mind on this one.
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Winston Churchill
-
MadMartin8
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2958
- Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
- Location: Beyond Thunderdome
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
S33 wrote:Finally saw TD illuminated at night, looks pretty good. Think I've changed my mind on this one.
It really is better looking at night. I honestly think if it wasn't light seafoam/pea green, and instead was the white color (I could be colorblind?) it looks like at night, it would be pretty cool.
No posts exist for this topic
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4886
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
Yeah, I haven't done a complete 180 but it does look pretty good.S33 wrote:Finally saw TD illuminated at night, looks pretty good. Think I've changed my mind on this one.
-
charlie123
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:52 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
TD Ameritrade Old Mill Campus
I heard that TD Ameritrade got approval from the City Council to have a bridge built over the Papio creek to the West of their new tower in order to have an "Emergency Exit" out of their campus...... Any truth to this? This would be somewhere around their parking lot possible then in the direction of the baseball fields to the west
