Wow this is pretty awesome! I love the focus on developing tourism along the riverfront. Still waiting for a legitimate board walk along the river but I hope with continued development it will eventually happen.
Brad wrote:What about the stuff at the old freedom park?
Quite frankly it would only clutter this new park. You've got a training submarine, and a small minesweeper that really never saw significant service, and 3 surplus aircraft. At least the sail and rudder of the Omaha have a "tie" here and the proposed park looks pretty cool.
I agree that it wouldn't fit here, but I wonder if there are still plans to redo Freedom park. I was there last spring and most of the area was still covered with 3-4 ft of sand.
So 13 years later looks like this is being installed. Noticed one of the portions of the submarine was up last night after dropping someone off at the airport.