Blame our courts. Letting women come in and behave in a sexually suggestive manner opens up workplace lawsuits. Like I said, try it in your workplace and let me know how it works out.Bosco55David wrote:I know, right? Cute little kids are cool. Attractive women are not. God forbid we let those uptight losers get offended.joeglow wrote:Try that at your job Omababe. We let kids come into our office for different reasons. I assure you this type of behavior opens up a completely different can of worms that would not be tolerated in 99% of workplaces.
Budget: Fire Department
-
joeglow
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2645
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:04 pm
Budget: Fire Department
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Budget: Fire Department
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Budget: Fire Department
Was this a Freudian slip? "Major" Stothert?jessep28 wrote:My commentary: KMTV is grasping at straws.
Major Stothert Absent at Wednesday's Court Hearing
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Budget: Fire Department
The headline typo on KMTV's website has been corrected.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Budget: Fire Department
Not fast enough:jessep28 wrote:The headline typo on KMTV's website has been corrected.

-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
Budget: Fire Department
Nice catch!
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Winston Churchill
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Budget: Fire Department
As of now - the url still has major-stothert.S33 wrote:Nice catch!
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Budget: Fire Department
City, Fire Union Face Off In Court
Decision no expected for weeks
Decision no expected for weeks
KMTV wrote:But the city says the lawsuit is premature.
It argued Mayor Stothert's budget proposal is only that, a proposal. No rigs have been taken out of service and no one has been laid off.
They say city council still have the opportunity to weigh in and that the budget could change before council votes in September.
Mayor Stothert was not at Wednesday's hearing, she was not supboenaed.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Budget: Fire Department
I can almost hear it now; "I tried to balance the budget but, no, the city council..."
-
Bosco55David
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1392
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 am
- Location: Tampa, FL (formerly Omaha and Council Bluffs)
Budget: Fire Department
I think even the staunchest of social conservatives would have a tough time calling those two pictures "sexually suggestive".joeglow wrote:Blame our courts. Letting women come in and behave in a sexually suggestive manner opens up workplace lawsuits. Like I said, try it in your workplace and let me know how it works out.
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
Budget: Fire Department
Clearly it was, on some level, "suggestive", but I appreciate the suggestion. nice buttcheaks.Bosco55David wrote:I think even the staunchest of social conservatives would have a tough time calling those two pictures "sexually suggestive".joeglow wrote:Blame our courts. Letting women come in and behave in a sexually suggestive manner opens up workplace lawsuits. Like I said, try it in your workplace and let me know how it works out.
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Winston Churchill
-
Bosco55David
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1392
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 am
- Location: Tampa, FL (formerly Omaha and Council Bluffs)
Budget: Fire Department
Unless I missed something, there were only two pictures. One of her with two firefighters, and one of her standing on a rig.[/center]S33 wrote:Clearly it was, on some level, "suggestive", but I appreciate the suggestion. nice buttcheaks.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Budget: Fire Department
When you can see 100% of her a$$ and 0% of her face.... It's a bit suggestive...
No matter how you look at it, this is old news and you two will never agree.
No matter how you look at it, this is old news and you two will never agree.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Budget: Fire Department
Funny, but it sort of reminds me of the picture of Stargazer's wife he posted several years go. :lol:
... Too lazy to try and find it...
... Too lazy to try and find it...
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
Budget: Fire Department
The leather skirt outfit... lol
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Winston Churchill
-
Bosco55David
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1392
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 am
- Location: Tampa, FL (formerly Omaha and Council Bluffs)
Budget: Fire Department
You didn't any more of her |expletive| than if you had been standing behind her in the grocery store checkout lane.Brad wrote:When you can see 100% of her a$$ and 0% of her face.... It's a bit suggestive...
No matter how you look at it, this is old news and you two will never agree.
You're right though, old news. No one really gave a |expletive| about it.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Budget: Fire Department
I can't count how many times I have seen ladies pose like this at the grocery store...Bosco55David wrote:You didn't any more of her |expletive| than if you had been standing behind her in the grocery store checkout lane.

It was big news for 4 or 5 days, but now nobody around here is talking about it. Its was over and done with weeks ago.Bosco55David wrote:You're right though, old news. No one really gave a |expletive| about it.
And just because I might think it was a suggestive pose, I absolutely don't think that it was against the law. I think its stupid people made a big deal of it.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
Budget: Fire Department
We're going to need to see her face to determine whether or not there was a violation.
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Winston Churchill
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106375
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Budget: Fire Department
This also happens in other fire departments.


Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
RNcyanide
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2778
- Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
- Location: Boston
Budget: Fire Department
That dog looks disappointed to be on that truck...
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.
The Bride
The Bride
-
Bosco55David
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1392
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:25 am
- Location: Tampa, FL (formerly Omaha and Council Bluffs)
Budget: Fire Department
There's no "pose". She's just...standing there.Brad wrote:I can't count how many times I have seen ladies pose like this at the grocery store...
-
RNcyanide
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2778
- Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
- Location: Boston
Budget: Fire Department
I don't know what kind of grocery store you're going to...Bosco55David wrote:There's no "pose". She's just...standing there.Brad wrote:I can't count how many times I have seen ladies pose like this at the grocery store...
I would say the pose is a standing variation of 'Spread Eagle.' I suppose you could call it 'assuming the position.'
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.
The Bride
The Bride
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Budget: Fire Department
The Comfort Dogs are service animals. Their demeanor is kind of like that when they have their vests on, but are normal Golden Retrievers when not working.RNcyanide wrote:That dog looks disappointed to be on that truck...
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
RNcyanide
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2778
- Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
- Location: Boston
Budget: Fire Department
Ah. Did not catch the vest...jessep28 wrote:The Comfort Dogs are service animals. Their demeanor is kind of like that when they have their vests on, but are normal Golden Retrievers when not working.RNcyanide wrote:That dog looks disappointed to be on that truck...
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.
The Bride
The Bride
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
Budget: Fire Department
Those comfort dogs, or whatever you call them, are incredibly smart, or trained, or both. I've seen one in a rest home go completely unguided down the halls and stop and spend time with patients in each room, just making his rounds. Probably smarter than some humans I know.
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Winston Churchill
-
RNcyanide
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2778
- Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
- Location: Boston
Budget: Fire Department
This made me laugh, because this is essentially what I do for a living, except in a hospital.S33 wrote:Those comfort dogs, or whatever you call them, are incredibly smart, or trained, or both. I've seen one in a rest home go completely unguided down the halls and stop and spend time with patients in each room, just making his rounds. Probably smarter than some humans I know.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.
The Bride
The Bride
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003376
- Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
- Location: West Central Omaha
Budget: Fire Department
I think this fits well here:
http://www.mrctv.org/videos/ed-asner-na ... fairy-tale
http://www.mrctv.org/videos/ed-asner-na ... fairy-tale
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Budget: Fire Department
Omaha Fire Chief to Retire
http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Omah ... 39761.html
http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Omah ... 39761.html
www.wowt.com wrote:Omaha Fire Chief Mike McDonnell is stepping down. He has agreed to retire, effective immediately.
According to a news release from the mayor's office, McDonnell will receive service credit to retire with 25-years service. He actually has 23-years, 10 months.
Mayor Jean Stothert has agreed not to lay of any firefighters until at least July 1, 2014 to allow the new Fire Chief to evaluate the needs of the department and make recommendations to the mayor.
Additionally the mayor has agreed to retain three Assistant Fire Chiefs through the end of 2014.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Budget: Fire Department
I'm going to live in a bunker in the desert for the next week.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Budget: Fire Department
Well most people saw ths coming in some form
On another note, I think I have the wrong job. I wouldn't have minded retiring after 25 years of teaching. Currently at 33 years and don't make half of that. :-(
On another note, I think I have the wrong job. I wouldn't have minded retiring after 25 years of teaching. Currently at 33 years and don't make half of that. :-(
-
RNcyanide
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2778
- Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 am
- Location: Boston
Budget: Fire Department
Didn't our budget panties get into a knot a few years back over that reason?Uffda wrote:Well most people saw ths coming in some form
On another note, I think I have the wrong job. I wouldn't have minded retiring after 25 years of teaching. Currently at 33 years and don't make half of that. :-(
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.
The Bride
The Bride
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Budget: Fire Department
I know... He is retiring at 47! That would be amazing! Retired with almost 1/2 your life left!Uffda wrote:On another note, I think I have the wrong job. I wouldn't have minded retiring after 25 years of teaching. Currently at 33 years and don't make half of that. :-(

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Budget: Fire Department
Firefighting isn't exactly cubicle work either.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Budget: Fire Department
In know... I would much rather do that than sit in a stupid cube all day like I do now... I hate being stuck inside and sitting on my rear end all day.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Budget: Fire Department
Neither is teaching -- my question would be when was the last time he was active in a fire fighting incident? Did he admin from an office or was he part of a crew? I really don't know how that works.jessep28 wrote:Firefighting isn't exactly cubicle work either.
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Budget: Fire Department
It was just announced that the deal is off. Chief wanted to add some wording to the memo of understanding and mayor said no.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110948
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Budget: Fire Department
Uffda wrote:It was just announced that the deal is off. Chief wanted to add some wording to the memo of understanding and mayor said no.
Why in the world could he want that the 10K+ a month retirement didn't already cover
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
