Star Deli (Benson)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036565
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Star Deli (Benson)

Post by Brad »

Benson's getting a new Star Deli

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120427/G ... -star-deli
Sarah Baker Hansen WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER wrote:Star Deli is opening a second location, this one in downtown Benson.
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Star Deli (Benson)

Post by nativeomahan »

I love their sandwiches, and wish them well. Benson continues to come along.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: Star Deli (Benson)

Post by Coyote »

Image


Image


Image


Image


Image
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036565
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Star Deli (Benson)

Post by Brad »

So how was it?
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: Star Deli (Benson)

Post by Coyote »

Brad wrote:So how was it?
I had their Special: Turkey & Smoked Gouda. While the sandwich was good, they were out of lettuce at 1:00.
$9.00 for just a sandwich. Funky place odd triangular shape, felt like you were in a old downtown deli.
Art work all around, KGOR playing hits from the 70's/80's.
You have to know where it is, AND that it is there, very little to tell you...
I might go back, knowing it is a local sandwich shop.
I didn't come at a happening time, so I didn't get its vibes, which it very well might have.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: Star Deli (Benson)

Post by Coyote »