WallStreet Tower Omaha
-
Raraavis
- Library Board
- Posts: 313
- Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:36 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
I will be interested to see if they can take it down without taking out the glass walls of the new UP building across the street.
-
Asten
- Human Relations
- Posts: 689
- Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:25 am
- Location: Physically: Chicagoland. Historically: Omaha
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Back in April 99, I was standing at the corner of the UP building to watch them implode the Medical Arts building (to build the First National Tower). Right across the street was the First National Bank building that's all glass - and they managed to crack about 5-6 panes. They're very good at what they do, assuming they implode this.Raraavis wrote:I will be interested to see if they can take it down without taking out the glass walls of the new UP building across the street.
-
Raraavis
- Library Board
- Posts: 313
- Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:36 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Tell that to Frankie PayneAsten wrote:They're very good at what they do, assuming they implode this.
-
redfield
- Library Board
- Posts: 255
- Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:30 pm
- Location: Old Market
WallStreet Tower Omaha
I think Frankie Payne's building is proof that they are very good at what they do. They can even make things look like accidents if they want to...
-
Raraavis
- Library Board
- Posts: 313
- Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:36 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
At a certain point shouldn't this be moved to the rumors section.
-
Harpoon
- Human Relations
- Posts: 556
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 8:46 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Yeah, this is quickly turning into the "boy who cried wolf"Raraavis wrote:At a certain point shouldn't this be moved to the rumors section.
-
Finn
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1387
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:54 pm
- Location: DC
WallStreet Tower Omaha
This is why I never get specific on my rumors!Yeah, this is quickly turning into the "boy who cried wolf"
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Well, it's not really a "rumor". There will be an announcement.
Anyway, Sorry it hasn't come out yet, guys. The person I heard it from is a trustworthy individual. And now I'm in Québec powerless to find anything else out about it.
Hopefully soon!!!
Anyway, Sorry it hasn't come out yet, guys. The person I heard it from is a trustworthy individual. And now I'm in Québec powerless to find anything else out about it.
Hopefully soon!!!
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
For comparison's sake, here's a rendering of the 26 story Park East Tower going up in St. Louis' Central West End.


-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
WallStreet Tower Omaha
That's the thing that's so frustrating for people that are in the know in real estate. People who aren't in the know don't understand that "a few days" could possibly turn into a few weeks. I mean, if you've ever actually looked at all the information involved in finalizing a real estate deal...lordy!
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
True.
-
OmahaChef
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1047
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 6:55 am
- Location: Omaha
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Wow! If only we could have something like that here.
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Well, Chef, we CAN, and WILL!!! That's the beauty of it. ;)
In fact, the UP sites condo will most likely be 30 stories, which is even taller than Park East Tower.
In fact, the UP sites condo will most likely be 30 stories, which is even taller than Park East Tower.
-
OmahaChef
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1047
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 6:55 am
- Location: Omaha
WallStreet Tower Omaha
I just hope whatever gets announced has some architectural adventuresomeness to it (yipes, is that actually a word?). Compare the 12th and Jackson condo design with the proposal for the Bluestone building in the Slowdown project in North Downtown. My gawd! I just hope whatever gets announced has some.....uniqueness to it. Like the St. Louis project you posted. It's not something you see everywhere.
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
I absolutely agree, Chef.
-
redfield
- Library Board
- Posts: 255
- Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:30 pm
- Location: Old Market
WallStreet Tower Omaha
There are some new renderings of the 12th and Jackson condo out there. It's going to be a nice looking building. It won't look at all like the original 2d drawings that are on the site here.
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Would you care to elaborate a little more on the 'latest' design?
1st design

2nd design (February 2005)

1st design

2nd design (February 2005)

-
Finn
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1387
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:54 pm
- Location: DC
WallStreet Tower Omaha
That's why those "in the know" don't say "in a few days."That's the thing that's so frustrating for people that are in the know in real estate. People who aren't in the know don't understand that "a few days" could possibly turn into a few weeks. I mean, if you've ever actually looked at all the information involved in finalizing a real estate deal...lordy!
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
What do they say?
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
And, yes, please ellaborate, redfield.
-
OmahaChef
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1047
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 6:55 am
- Location: Omaha
WallStreet Tower Omaha
I like both the first and second 12th and Jackson condo designs. Either one would make me happy. It's the war-bunker-like Bluestone design for North Omaha that has me a bit irked. I just hope it doesn't set a trend for the new construction out there. It is stark and bland and has no life. Just my opinion, of course.
-
Minneapolis Boy
- Library Board
- Posts: 343
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:31 pm
- Location: Back in Omaha!
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Hopefully, that Bluestone project is just a rendering that will be modified.
-
redfield
- Library Board
- Posts: 255
- Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:30 pm
- Location: Old Market
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Somebody showed me a newer rendering of the 12th and Jackson building. It was a 3D rendering of the project superimposed into it's actual surroundings. As expected it had retail on the ground floor, and the condos above. It looks nothing like either of the two 2D renderings that we've all seen. Its brick, but will have a more modern look to it. It will be a nice looking building.
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Here's another version of the second design:


-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Well, it looks like the "real" or "3D" pictures below the elevation photo are just the design concepts and inspirations.
It appears the design hasn't changed, which is fine cause I think it's a great design.
Can anyone confirm this?
It appears the design hasn't changed, which is fine cause I think it's a great design.
Can anyone confirm this?
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
And why doesn't this project have a website yet?????
-
jjjjhskr
- Human Relations
- Posts: 652
- Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:31 am
- Location: O!
WallStreet Tower Omaha
I had no idea what projects this firm has done - they've got some photos of some on their site.
http://www.hba1.com/hba.htm
http://www.hba1.com/hba.htm
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Where are the photos? I'm not seeing them.
-
Finn
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1387
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:54 pm
- Location: DC
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Go to Experience, then click on any of the different options (corporate, housing, etc.). Then, you can choose different projects with more pics.
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Oh, yeah, I definitely found those photos. I was thinking jjjjhskr meant there were pictures of the 12th and Jackson condos.
-
jjjjhskr
- Human Relations
- Posts: 652
- Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:31 am
- Location: O!
WallStreet Tower Omaha
sorry, none ot the condos but definitely some nice examples of their work. Should be a good quality project.StreetsOfOmaha wrote:Oh, yeah, I definitely found those photos. I was thinking jjjjhskr meant there were pictures of the 12th and Jackson condos.
-
OmahaChef
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1047
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 6:55 am
- Location: Omaha
WallStreet Tower Omaha
OK....so what about the announcement of the condo tower for the UP site? I wonder where the people involved are at with this one? Another week or so, and I'd vote for moving this to the Rumors section. And I apologize for getting this topic so off track.
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Well, it has been moved to the rumors section, even though letting people know that they can expect an announcement soon is not a rumor.
Unfortunately now that I'm in Quebec, I'm out of contact with my source. I've got someone back home trying to check into it. We just have to play the waiting game, which we're all really frickin' used to.

Unfortunately now that I'm in Quebec, I'm out of contact with my source. I've got someone back home trying to check into it. We just have to play the waiting game, which we're all really frickin' used to.
-
CountOfMC
- Library Board
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:24 pm
- Location: Downtown Milwaukee, Omaha
WallStreet Tower Omaha
You've got a lot riding on this, Streets.
Anything less than 20, you better have a third eye.
God created alcohol to keep the Irish from taking over the world!
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Haha, ok.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
-
futrecndvlpr
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:07 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
I am going to throw my weight behind Streets rumor (~180 lbs). I have also heard from my source, who is 10 for 10, that this site is going condo and that it is pretty much a done deal.
-
omahapropertymanager
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 224
- Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 4:24 pm
- Location: Midtown Omaha
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Is he/she talking a new building like Streets mentioned or just rennovating the current building into condos?futrecndvlpr wrote:I am going to throw my weight behind Streets rumor (~180 lbs). I have also heard from my source, who is 10 for 10, that this site is going condo and that it is pretty much a done deal.
-
futrecndvlpr
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:07 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
We were speaking along similar lines to Streets post.
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
WallStreet Tower Omaha
I've just heard some very exciting news about this. I can't blab about it at this time, but I'll give it a couple of days. If there hasn't been an announcement, then I'll spill my guts.
Sorry to be such a tease
.
Sorry to be such a tease
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
-
Finn
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1387
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:54 pm
- Location: DC
WallStreet Tower Omaha
Rude! 