Lisa's Radial Cafe

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

Lisa's Radial Cafe

Post by Coyote »

Decided to try another local restaurant from DDD.
This place was packed from the time I arrived at 11:00 until I left.
Cheap good food.


Two Creighton Basketball players on the left, I swear the one in white was Grant Gibbs
Image


Image


The Southern Omelet special.
Image
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10815
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago

Lisa's Radial Cafe

Post by iamjacobm »

Looks like Wragge.
bigredmed
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Lisa's Radial Cafe

Post by bigredmed »

Been there twice. A little cramped and they don't take plastic, but the food has been reliably good.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11632
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Lisa's Radial Cafe

Post by skinzfan23 »

iamjacobm wrote:Looks like Wragge.
Yeah that is definitely Ethan Wragge.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

Lisa's Radial Cafe

Post by Coyote »

Yeah, after seeing CU on Fox Sports today, I think it was Wragge and Dingman.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036567
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Lisa's Radial Cafe

Post by Brad »

Coyote wrote:Decided to try another local restaurant from DDD.
Lisa's wasn't one of them.

Amato's Cafe, Big Mama's Kitchen, Brewburger's, California Tacos & More, Dixie Quicks Magnolia Room and Joe Tess Place.
User avatar
S33
County Board
Posts: 4430
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm

Lisa's Radial Cafe

Post by S33 »

Coyote wrote:Yeah, after seeing CU on Fox Sports today, I think it was Wragge and Dingman.
Definitely Wragge!
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. - Winston Churchill
lisanstan
Library Board
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:20 pm

Lisa's Radial Cafe

Post by lisanstan »

I tried them for the first time also. And you took my picture! I'm sitting in the booth in front of the players facing you. Me and my friend Dana like to try new breakfast joints. enjoyed my breakfast and it really filled up fast!
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

Lisa's Radial Cafe

Post by Coyote »

lisanstan wrote:I tried them for the first time also. And you took my picture! I'm sitting in the booth in front of the players facing you. Me and my friend Dana like to try new breakfast joints. enjoyed my breakfast and it really filled up fast!
You should have said hi! :P
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: Lisa's Radial Cafe

Post by Coyote »

Dining review: Breakfast the backbone of Radial Cafe's family affair
By Laura Capitano: World-Herald Correspondent wrote:The recipe for Lisa's Radial Cafe is one part history, one part diner and one part family reunion. An Omaha spot known for decades for its griddle-cooking and coffee-pouring, the Radial Cafe has ingrained itself as a beloved breakfast and lunch spot, where the staff strives to know your name and your favorite dish by heart.

The cafe added ''Lisa's” to the name in 2000, when Lisa Schembri and her family bought the midtown institution. “I didn't know anything about running a business,” Schembri said on a recent Saturday afternoon in the restaurant, where she sat surrounded by her family — her husband, all her children, their spouses and her grandkids.