T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
-
lonnie
- Library Board
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:30 pm
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
It appears that T.G.I. Fridays will open a second Omaha location.
One source suggests 156th and Maple as the location, around the new HyVee at that intersection.
The second Omaha location is confirmed by the "Hot Jobs" listings.
One source suggests 156th and Maple as the location, around the new HyVee at that intersection.
The second Omaha location is confirmed by the "Hot Jobs" listings.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
-
lonnie
- Library Board
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:30 pm
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
Yes, the only Omaha location is at Westroads.DTO Luv wrote:There was only one?
There is one in Lincoln, that is it for Nebraska.
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
I thought there was one at Oakview too? Or wait that changed to a Champs didn't it?
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
It has always been Champps.Swift wrote:I thought there was one at Oakview too? Or wait that changed to a Champs didn't it?
-
TitosBuritoBarn
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3278
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
- Location: St. Louis
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
Speaking of Champps, is it just me, or would anyone else agree that that is a horrible restaraunt?
I thought we had more than one TGI Fridays too. Was there ever a second one?
I thought we had more than one TGI Fridays too. Was there ever a second one?
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
I've never been there, but I heard it had OK food.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
Only 1 TGI Friday's in Omaha..Never a second location..
Regarding Champps, I'd say thier food is about the same quiality as TGI Friday's..Both just average..
It is good to hear Omaha will get a 2nd location though..Long overdue..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Regarding Champps, I'd say thier food is about the same quiality as TGI Friday's..Both just average..
It is good to hear Omaha will get a 2nd location though..Long overdue..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Raraavis
- Library Board
- Posts: 313
- Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:36 pm
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
156th and Maple would be a great location construction has begun on a bank on the first out-parcel at this location. TGIFriday's would be a good addition to the neighborhood.
What they really need is a "Lo Sole Mio West"

What they really need is a "Lo Sole Mio West"
Last edited by Raraavis on Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Asten
- Human Relations
- Posts: 689
- Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:25 am
- Location: Physically: Chicagoland. Historically: Omaha
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
You know - when it first opened with the mall in 91 and a few times after - I went and the food really wasn't that great. I've been since and found it to be substantially better than I remember.TitosBuritoBarn wrote:Speaking of Champps, is it just me, or would anyone else agree that that is a horrible restaraunt?
I thought we had more than one TGI Fridays too. Was there ever a second one?
Plus, they have good beer selection!
-
omahastylee459
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1017
- Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:48 pm
- Location: Nashua, NH
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
i enjoy champps, they have GREAT nachos that can feed like 4 people
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
Champs use to be good, but I haven't been there in a long time. Also they use to have hot girls working there, so in High School we went there a lot.
-
nleavens
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:54 pm
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
I'll keep you updated as to what is being located at 156th and Maple.. I have some insider knowledge of what things will be going up in this area of town.
AIB bank is being constructed currently (from Elkhorn), and the footings for Famous Dave's BBQ should be started any day.
AIB bank is being constructed currently (from Elkhorn), and the footings for Famous Dave's BBQ should be started any day.
-
Raraavis
- Library Board
- Posts: 313
- Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:36 pm
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
A sign has just gone up announcing there will be a TGIFriday at 156th and Maple.
Hy-Vee is in the process of building a rather large plaza in front of this store. The Hy-Vee Gas Station has been open for a while and they already have four or five buildings built, each with multiple bays. It looks like they may have started on the TGIFriday building with room for one or two more restaurants. So far TGIFriday is the only sign up announcing what will be built.
Hy-Vee is in the process of building a rather large plaza in front of this store. The Hy-Vee Gas Station has been open for a while and they already have four or five buildings built, each with multiple bays. It looks like they may have started on the TGIFriday building with room for one or two more restaurants. So far TGIFriday is the only sign up announcing what will be built.
-
Harpoon
- Human Relations
- Posts: 556
- Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 8:46 pm
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
TGIF is a decent restaurant. When I was growing up they used to have a "Mystery Beer Night" where the bartender would give you whatever they pulled out of the trough full of ice. You rolled the dice on whether you would get a Heineken or Schlitz or whatever. It was a good time every monday evening. Their chicken wings are fairly tasty as well.
-
TitosBuritoBarn
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3278
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
- Location: St. Louis
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
A trip to the Tivoli website suggests that a third Fridays is going to be constructed on a southeast parcel of that development. It doesn't seem to be actually written down anywhere, but the 3-D tour displays what is obviously a TGI Fridays sitting on that plot of land.
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
IMO. I kind of liked Champs, the food is so-so (with big portions though) but when I went there where some hot |expletive| chicks working and the “game” was on. Hard to beat that.Speaking of Champps, is it just me, or would anyone else agree that that is a horrible restaraunt?
15-17, 26, 32
-
CountOfMC
- Library Board
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:24 pm
- Location: Downtown Milwaukee, Omaha
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
PKI - I don't think even half the forum knows what you're talking about. Here's your chance to tell some of these guys not to be "so old."
I went there where some hot |expletive| chicks working and the “game” was on. Hard to beat that.
God created alcohol to keep the Irish from taking over the world!
-
Admin
- Law Enforcement
- Posts: 1313
- Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:36 pm
- Location: Omaha
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
Or better yet, my chance to say grow up or go find a new 'game' at omahanightlife.com for example. 
-
CountOfMC
- Library Board
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:24 pm
- Location: Downtown Milwaukee, Omaha
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
<I hope you caught the sarcasm in that comment>
God created alcohol to keep the Irish from taking over the world!
-
Admin
- Law Enforcement
- Posts: 1313
- Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:36 pm
- Location: Omaha
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
Well if the comment itself didn't do it... the emoticon did (convey the sarcasm that is
)
I don't normally use emoticons when I'm trying to make a serious point either, although I -would- in all seriousness rather we dispense with some of the colorful metaphors which seems to be so in vogue with the younger site patrons. By the way, I'm not personally censoring these messages now, the forum code does that automatically.
I don't normally use emoticons when I'm trying to make a serious point either, although I -would- in all seriousness rather we dispense with some of the colorful metaphors which seems to be so in vogue with the younger site patrons. By the way, I'm not personally censoring these messages now, the forum code does that automatically.
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
I just need to say this as I might be one of the older posters on here.
HOT CHICKS are good.....
so some of us old guys do understand. 
HOT CHICKS are good.....
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
HOT CHICKS are good... HOT <expletive> CHICKS are even better. And Uffda, I'm sure omahanightlife.com has a few more horney old men with which you can confide in as well. 
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
That site is way too young for me. Now 20 years ago --- but of course we didnt have the internet like we do now.omahanightlife.com
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
-
lonnie
- Library Board
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:30 pm
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
From monster.com
"...We (T.G.I Fridays) are opening 2 new locations in Omaha, NE during Fall of 2005, and 1 new location in Sioux City, IA during 1st Quarter 2006....
We are accepting applications for the following positions at our location at 3636 N. 156th Street in Omaha...
...The restaurant will open October 25th, 2005."
The Tivoli location (175th & Center) must be the 2nd new location.
"...We (T.G.I Fridays) are opening 2 new locations in Omaha, NE during Fall of 2005, and 1 new location in Sioux City, IA during 1st Quarter 2006....
We are accepting applications for the following positions at our location at 3636 N. 156th Street in Omaha...
...The restaurant will open October 25th, 2005."
The Tivoli location (175th & Center) must be the 2nd new location.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
-
POTUS
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 119
- Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:25 pm
- Location: UNL
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
Tivoli's is the third location for TGIFridays. There is a sign on Center saying so.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110964
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
1 WetsroadsPOTUS wrote:Tivoli's is the third location for TGIFridays. There is a sign on Center saying so.
2 Soon to be open on Maple
3 On Center at Tivoli's
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
I can see a new TGIF out west... but two? I think they'd be better advised to put one down at one of the new mega retail developments in Sarpy County... and take Ted Turner's West Center location with them.
-
jsheets
- Human Relations
- Posts: 596
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:06 pm
- Location: West Papio Lakes
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
Why didn't they ever put a location in the Old Market? Some cities have Friday's that are more bar oriented than family (Orlando comes to mind). We could use a bar-centric Friday's in the Old Market!
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4886
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
Ehhhh, I'm not a huge fan of chains in historic districts. The Famous Daves looks pretty cool but thats about it. Ruby Tuesdays tried to put a location in the Haymarket and it failed and eventually closed.jsheets wrote:Why didn't they ever put a location in the Old Market? Some cities have Friday's that are more bar oriented than family (Orlando comes to mind). We could use a bar-centric Friday's in the Old Market!
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha


Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110964
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
Went to go to TGI Friday's tonight at the Tivoli location@ 175th & Center a and they were closed. This had to happen this week I believe. They had a banner sign out directing you to the Maple location. All of the logo signs were gone off of the building too.
(end up at Dairy Queen by the way!)
(end up at Dairy Queen by the way!)
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
Wow, that two this year already. Taco Bueno and TGI Fridays.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
TitosBuritoBarn
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3278
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
- Location: St. Louis
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
Market analysts are idiots....they should have built this in Sarpy County somewhere where dining options are more limited, not among 100s of other sit down restaurants on West Center Road. 
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110964
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
As much as market analysis it is the Tivoli location. Look at the turn over in the front that face Center and you can see that some have tuned more than once already. There is just not a good way to get in and out of there and if you are not familiar with the routs by the time you figure it out you will give up and go somewhere else.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
According to Grow Omaha, The Westroads TGI Fridays has closed.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
T.G.I. Fridays - Omaha
According to Grow Omaha, The Westroads TGI Fridays has RE-OPENED under new Ownership.Brad wrote:According to Grow Omaha, The Westroads TGI Fridays has closed.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto