



Big Mama and Coyote:






Overpriced? You must eat at KFC too much.bargainhunter wrote:Went there a couple of years ago. Unimpressed. Terribly overpriced.
Unnecessary comment, but I'll indulge you. I actually don't eat KFC at all. I thought the prices were too high for what you got along with the bad atmosphere. I like a good atmosphere when I go out to eat. I felt like I was in a crusty church basement there.Pat wrote:Overpriced? You must eat at KFC too much.bargainhunter wrote:Went there a couple of years ago. Unimpressed. Terribly overpriced.
Funny, it has the same tile floor pattern that my Catholic elementary school cafeteria did...bargainhunter wrote:I felt like I was in a crusty church basement there.

Big Mama's Kitchen is back on the Food Network — and this time, the Omaha soul food restaurant is the star of its own show.
The restaurant's new series, called “Big Mama's Kitchen,” premieres Friday and is an inside look into the world of owner Patricia “Big Mama” Barron and her daughter, Gladys, who manages the restaurant.
“With three generations in the kitchen,” the Food Network press release reads, “things are bound to get messy.”
Coyote wrote:Good for her, she mentioned to me that this was a possibility, when I was last there.
They did a pilot already, among others, so hers must have finally made the cut.nebugeater wrote:Coyote wrote:Good for her, she mentioned to me that this was a possibility, when I was last there.
If I remember correct it was not that long ago you were there. Betting it was more than a possibility at that time. Bet filming was already going on.
lol... Does a Bear |expletive| in the Woods? What doesn't have scripted drama anymore... I almost can't watch TV anymore because every show has it.jessep28 wrote:Will there be scripted drama?

After nearly 10 years in its current north Omaha location, Big Mama’s Kitchen is moving. The restaurant will move from near 45th Street and Bedford Avenue to the Highlander development near 33rd and Parker Streets..............................
Apparently still in the works...nebugeater wrote:Looks like Big Mama's plans on relocating in 2017
Erin Grace, World Herald wrote:Big Mama’s will move its country charm out of the old Nebraska School for the Deaf cafeteria to the Highlander Accelerator Building that’s part of the Seventy-Five North Development at 30th and Parker Streets.

I’ve eaten at Big Mama’s Kitchen before and liked it.. I’ve always been concerned though, at its present location, if they could maintain business and if not..ultimately close..Brad wrote:Apparently still in the works...nebugeater wrote:Looks like Big Mama's plans on relocating in 2017
Big Mama's Kitchen will move to Seventy-Five North Development
http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/big-mam ... a8f83.html
Erin Grace, World Herald wrote:Big Mama’s will move its country charm out of the old Nebraska School for the Deaf cafeteria to the Highlander Accelerator Building that’s part of the Seventy-Five North Development at 30th and Parker Streets.
RIP Patricia Barron...nebugeater wrote:KETV is reporting
Restaurateur Patricia Barron, known best as "Big Mama," passes away
http://www.ketv.com/article/restaurateu ... y/19647140