
2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
-
stormchaser
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 am
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Or turn in to popsicles while watching the fireworks...stormchaser wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:14 am Bad timing for some arctic/subzero temps to move in to the Omaha area (this evening) - hopefully people aren't completely caught off guard/too intoxicated to stay safe tonight...

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110948
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
The Holiday Lights festival has just been postponed to a later date yet to be determined.Brad wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:46 amOr turn in to popsicles while watching the fireworks...stormchaser wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:14 am Bad timing for some arctic/subzero temps to move in to the Omaha area (this evening) - hopefully people aren't completely caught off guard/too intoxicated to stay safe tonight...![]()
https://www.ketv.com/article/holiday-li ... r/25713683
.The Holiday Lights Festival held at the Gene Leahy Mall was canceled Monday due to weather.
An announcement was made Monday morning regarding the New Year's Eve event, which was scheduled to take place at 7 p.m.
The new date has not been set yet
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
stormchaser
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 am
-
GrandpaaSmucker
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1879
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 pm
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Since they missed the opportunity to celebrate the New Year they could shoot the fireworks off next weekend and call it "Pop goes our million dollar city park." We could celebrate the destruction of one of our nicest city parks with a few fireworks and they could even have a few dump trucks and bull dozers pull up for the grand finale.nebugeater wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:03 amThe Holiday Lights festival has just been postponed to a later date yet to be determined.Brad wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:46 amOr turn in to popsicles while watching the fireworks...stormchaser wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:14 am Bad timing for some arctic/subzero temps to move in to the Omaha area (this evening) - hopefully people aren't completely caught off guard/too intoxicated to stay safe tonight...![]()
https://www.ketv.com/article/holiday-li ... r/25713683
.The Holiday Lights Festival held at the Gene Leahy Mall was canceled Monday due to weather.
An announcement was made Monday morning regarding the New Year's Eve event, which was scheduled to take place at 7 p.m.
The new date has not been set yet
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Well.. I see you haven’t forgotten about our forum since your self induced Husker win hibernationGrandpaaSmucker wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:51 amSince they missed the opportunity to celebrate the New Year they could shoot the fireworks off next weekend and call it "Pop goes our million dollar city park." We could celebrate the destruction of one of our nicest city parks with a few fireworks and they could even have a few dump trucks and bull dozers pull up for the grand finale.nebugeater wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:03 amThe Holiday Lights festival has just been postponed to a later date yet to be determined.Brad wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:46 amOr turn in to popsicles while watching the fireworks...stormchaser wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:14 am Bad timing for some arctic/subzero temps to move in to the Omaha area (this evening) - hopefully people aren't completely caught off guard/too intoxicated to stay safe tonight...![]()
https://www.ketv.com/article/holiday-li ... r/25713683
.The Holiday Lights Festival held at the Gene Leahy Mall was canceled Monday due to weather.
An announcement was made Monday morning regarding the New Year's Eve event, which was scheduled to take place at 7 p.m.
The new date has not been set yet![]()
Carry on Smucker...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7327
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
I couldn't have been any more wrong with my prediction of a bitterly cold remainder to the season. What is up with this weather? It feels nice, but it isn't normal. Wonder when the last time we had a period this warm, this deep into the season.
The ground isn't frozen and I was legitimately thinking if I could have expected this, I'd be growing cole crops right now. Any end to this abnormally warm weather in sight?
The ground isn't frozen and I was legitimately thinking if I could have expected this, I'd be growing cole crops right now. Any end to this abnormally warm weather in sight?
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
I’m no weather expert like our friend stormchaser, but I had read an article in the fall which indicated this years winter is an El Niño winter..and the accompanying US map tapped part of the Midwest, including Eastern Nebraska, as having a warmer than normal winter season this year..Busguy2010 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:31 pm I couldn't have been any more wrong with my prediction of a bitterly cold remainder to the season. What is up with this weather? It feels nice, but it isn't normal. Wonder when the last time we had a period this warm, this deep into the season.
The ground isn't frozen and I was legitimately thinking if I could have expected this, I'd be growing cole crops right now. Any end to this abnormally warm weather in sight?
And the weather is phenomenal today. 55 degrees and sunny for Jan 5th. I’d take this weather ALL winter
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003376
- Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Same here. I do like snow storms (really all storms in general), but I really do not like winter.Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:46 pm And the weather is phenomenal today. 55 degrees and sunny for Jan 5th. I’d take this weather ALL winter...
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7327
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Its all about normalcy for me. I can't disagree, this weather does feel good, but if I had to choose between the climate being normal and the climate feeling good, I'd take normal every time. I personally don't like the winter not to be cold because it throws a lot of things off, myself included.
-
GetUrban
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2648
- Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Over a lifetime, "normal" is probably much less normal than people think. The statistics and records we use to define "normal" in our location only go back to the 1800s. So who knows what the actual extremes can be over hundreds of years and what the long-term cycles really are? I know extrapolations can be made from ice core samples in Greenland an elsewhere from glaciers and fossil/geological deposits, but those sources can only tell you so much. But I'm not a man-made climate change doubter.
I sometimes think of weather as a form of entertainment, so the extremes of hot & cold, heavy precipitation, high winds, or even super nice weather can be quite exciting. Severe weather is exciting too, as long as people don't suffer too much. Also, It's hard to not like warmer winters since it costs less to heat your house and driving is much safer without icy roads.
I sometimes think of weather as a form of entertainment, so the extremes of hot & cold, heavy precipitation, high winds, or even super nice weather can be quite exciting. Severe weather is exciting too, as long as people don't suffer too much. Also, It's hard to not like warmer winters since it costs less to heat your house and driving is much safer without icy roads.
Last edited by GetUrban on Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
...and then they were gone.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7327
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Okay, normal for me would be what I've experienced over my lifetime, compiled with what would be the average over the history of recording weather. Right now it should be right around freezing, so since it's been well above that for a good while, it is throwing me off. One coworker who is into wildlife, nature and patterns and stuff like that is telling me that it will also throw off a lot of things in our local animal kingdom. They don't know its January, they just know it feels like March, and I could see how that would mess things up.
I'm not saying this is anything new or needs an explanation. I just know its not normal (in my sense) and I would prefer it to be normal.
I'm not saying this is anything new or needs an explanation. I just know its not normal (in my sense) and I would prefer it to be normal.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
More bad news for the winter weather crowd.. Omaha is forecast to have 5-15 degrees above normal high temps (for this time of the year) through January 22nd.. and little to no precipitation is forecast..
I’ll take it
...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
I’ll take it
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 925
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Agreed. The older I get, the less tolerant of snow I become, both to shovel and to drive through. So no complaints here!Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:49 pm More bad news for the winter weather crowd.. Omaha is forecast to have 5-15 degrees above normal high temps (for this time of the year) through January 22nd.. and little to no precipitation is forecast..
I’ll take it...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7327
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
I took a little look at the past weather and it shows its been predominantly above 40 and 50 for the majority of the past month. Another work friend who lived in coastal California told me how people there grow old of constant sunny 70's. Imagine getting tired of constant beautiful weather. The variety we have must be part of the reason why I like living here, and this winter's weather has been so boring, as comfortable as it's been. I can say the same for our severe weather in 2018, pretty stable and generally non-engaging. Not my year I guess.
-
stormchaser
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 am
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Looks like we may be in for some accumulating snow in or near the Omaha area this coming Friday evening/Saturday. Forecast models have been trending north so currently we are on the edge (big surprise - lol) but if the trend north continues, things could be interesting (probably not a ton of snow but maybe enough to cause some travel issues). Something to keep an eye on...
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Crazy, when i looked Monday, both the North American and the Euro showed nothing. Now, the Euro only shows an inch, but the North American has 2 inches NW Douglas County and close to 6 in SE Douglas County.stormchaser wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:10 pm Looks like we may be in for some accumulating snow in or near the Omaha area this coming Friday evening/Saturday. Forecast models have been trending north so currently we are on the edge (big surprise - lol) but if the trend north continues, things could be interesting (probably not a ton of snow but maybe enough to cause some travel issues). Something to keep an eye on...

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
stormchaser
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 am
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Yep, keeps looking more and more interesting anywayBrad wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:25 pmCrazy, when i looked Monday, both the North American and the Euro showed nothing. Now, the Euro only shows an inch, but the North American has 2 inches NW Douglas County and close to 6 in SE Douglas County.stormchaser wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:10 pm Looks like we may be in for some accumulating snow in or near the Omaha area this coming Friday evening/Saturday. Forecast models have been trending north so currently we are on the edge (big surprise - lol) but if the trend north continues, things could be interesting (probably not a ton of snow but maybe enough to cause some travel issues). Something to keep an eye on...
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Keeps going up! Now the European Model says 2.7" and the North American says 8.8".

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7327
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Well, even the NWS is on board saying 1-3". Funny how a week ago this barely registered as a little flurry.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
They are getting closer together. Now the European Model says 3.5" and the North American says 6.1".

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
stormchaser
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 am
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Yeah, the joys of trying to forecast. Most long range models had this storm WAY south of here or showed nothing at all a week ago. Then things gradually trended further north until where it is now expected to hit our area.Busguy2010 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:01 pm Well, even the NWS is on board saying 1-3". Funny how a week ago this barely registered as a little flurry.
Winter weather advisory has been issued for the area Friday night into Saturday. As expected, not a big storm but 1"-3" locally which may cause at least some travel issues early Saturday morning...
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7327
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Not that there's any relation at all, but this storm gives me the same feeling a thunderstorm in the summertime does because of the timing. With the storm coming through during the evening hours, it almost gives me that same feeling of a huge thunderstorm coming through during the summer. Honestly, its been a while since we've had a storm system move through in the 5pm-10pm range. I work evenings and sleep the majority of the morning, so the last several storms have happened mostly while I'm asleep. It'll nice to be able to enjoy one.
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003376
- Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Yeah, I hate storms at night because I sleep through them and miss the excitement. If we are going to have a storm (whether thunder or snow), I'd prefer them in the day. And for snow, I'd like to see it while there is still light out. It's nice and relaxing.Busguy2010 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:06 pm Not that there's any relation at all, but this storm gives me the same feeling a thunderstorm in the summertime does because of the timing. With the storm coming through during the evening hours, it almost gives me that same feeling of a huge thunderstorm coming through during the summer. Honestly, its been a while since we've had a storm system move through in the 5pm-10pm range. I work evenings and sleep the majority of the morning, so the last several storms have happened mostly while I'm asleep. It'll nice to be able to enjoy one.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Looks like the potential for a couple inches of snow in Douglas County Friday night in early Saturday AM..HR Paperstacks wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:41 pmYeah, I hate storms at night because I sleep through them and miss the excitement. If we are going to have a storm (whether thunder or snow), I'd prefer them in the day. And for snow, I'd like to see it while there is still light out. It's nice and relaxing.Busguy2010 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:06 pm Not that there's any relation at all, but this storm gives me the same feeling a thunderstorm in the summertime does because of the timing. With the storm coming through during the evening hours, it almost gives me that same feeling of a huge thunderstorm coming through during the summer. Honestly, its been a while since we've had a storm system move through in the 5pm-10pm range. I work evenings and sleep the majority of the morning, so the last several storms have happened mostly while I'm asleep. It'll nice to be able to enjoy one.
We’ll see...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003376
- Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
So not during the time-frame I'd prefer then. Meh.Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:27 pm Looks like the potential for a couple inches of snow in Douglas County Friday night in early Saturday AM..
We’ll see...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Lol, now they have flipped! The European Model says 4.4" and the North American says 3.1".
If I remember right, Jim Flowers use to say "ignore everything in the last 24 hours for the model". If we do that, it seems like we will get 3-4 inches out of this storm.
If I remember right, Jim Flowers use to say "ignore everything in the last 24 hours for the model". If we do that, it seems like we will get 3-4 inches out of this storm.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7327
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
I guess you could say I love to physically see the transition from predominant conditions to unstable conditions. Seeing conditions change quickly is my favorite part of storms. My available hours for viewing changing weather are between like noon and 2 am, ideal hours like 5pm to 9pm. Most of the time anything happens outside that, I just miss it. So I'll be happy to see this change happen during my viewing hours.Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:27 pmLooks like the potential for a couple inches of snow in Douglas County Friday night in early Saturday AM..HR Paperstacks wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:41 pmYeah, I hate storms at night because I sleep through them and miss the excitement. If we are going to have a storm (whether thunder or snow), I'd prefer them in the day. And for snow, I'd like to see it while there is still light out. It's nice and relaxing.Busguy2010 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:06 pm Not that there's any relation at all, but this storm gives me the same feeling a thunderstorm in the summertime does because of the timing. With the storm coming through during the evening hours, it almost gives me that same feeling of a huge thunderstorm coming through during the summer. Honestly, its been a while since we've had a storm system move through in the 5pm-10pm range. I work evenings and sleep the majority of the morning, so the last several storms have happened mostly while I'm asleep. It'll nice to be able to enjoy one.
We’ll see...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
I love when it snows at night because most people are inactive and I'm equipped to drive for fun after work, and the city is just beautifully quiet. This city never gets more quiet than during a good snow that comes in after the rat race on a weekday. I love that kind of storm. I bet there'll still be some ambitious fellows for this one since it'll be a Friday night, but it should still be a nice quiet night.
-
stormchaser
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 am
-
GrandpaaSmucker
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1879
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 pm
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
The "Smuckercast is less then 1 inch"
If you are like me and need a good snow as an excuse to get out of a dreaded family get together don't even think about it............................
If you are like me and need a good snow as an excuse to get out of a dreaded family get together don't even think about it............................
-
stormchaser
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 am
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7327
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Its amazing how long it has just been chilling right along the southern border of Sarpy County. Been watching it since a little after 3 and seems it hasn't moved a foot in 4 hours.
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
(/me looks out the window ...)
Maybe 1 1/2 inches on the driveway!
I've lost count. What is it? Third time? Fourth time this season when they predicted a rewind-replay of the Great Blizzard of 1888 on a Saturday and we got only enough snow to give you an excuse to not do something you did not want to do anyway?
Maybe 1 1/2 inches on the driveway!
I've lost count. What is it? Third time? Fourth time this season when they predicted a rewind-replay of the Great Blizzard of 1888 on a Saturday and we got only enough snow to give you an excuse to not do something you did not want to do anyway?
-
stormchaser
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 am
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Where in the world do you get your weather information from??? I've seen NOTHING forecast for this storm in particular that suggested this storm was going to be anything significant for the local area (most forecasts expected at most 3-6 inches locally with a very sharp cutoff in snowfall just north/northwest of Omaha). Most places in Omaha itself have received between 2-4 inches of snow with higher amounts towards Bellevue and south of town (as expected) and closer to 2 inches on the north side (and it isn't done yet - we might get another 2-3 inches yet). If anything, this storm has OVER PERFORMED with what was forecast in many areas (especially south of Omaha toward Plattsmouth and Nebraska City). Nobody was suggesting blizzard at all and if they were, you may need to reconsider whatever it is that you are using for a source of weather info...Omababe wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:44 am (/me looks out the window ...)
Maybe 1 1/2 inches on the driveway!
I've lost count. What is it? Third time? Fourth time this season when they predicted a rewind-replay of the Great Blizzard of 1888 on a Saturday and we got only enough snow to give you an excuse to not do something you did not want to do anyway?
For reference: Current snowfall reports via trained spotters in the area who have measured the snow (click on the individual reports to see when the report was made - obviously the older the report, the less accurate): https://www.weather.gov/source/crh/snowmap.html?sid=oax
Last edited by stormchaser on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110948
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Where did you see forecasts for this area that were any more than 1 - 4 inches.Omababe wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:44 am (/me looks out the window ...)
Maybe 1 1/2 inches on the driveway!
I've lost count. What is it? Third time? Fourth time this season when they predicted a rewind-replay of the Great Blizzard of 1888 on a Saturday and we got only enough snow to give you an excuse to not do something you did not want to do anyway?
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Oh well, it least the winter weather crowd got the taste of winter they’ve been craving
..
Looks like maybe 2 inches of snow in my neck of the woods in west Omaha.. Hopefully most of this stuff will melt early next week if we get a couple of days of highs around 40...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Looks like maybe 2 inches of snow in my neck of the woods in west Omaha.. Hopefully most of this stuff will melt early next week if we get a couple of days of highs around 40...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
stormchaser
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:14 am
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
Yeah, except maybe another accumulating snowfall around next Friday (the 18th)...Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:59 am Oh well, it least the winter weather crowd got the taste of winter they’ve been craving..
Looks like maybe 2 inches of snow in my neck of the woods in west Omaha.. Hopefully most of this stuff will melt early next week if we get a couple of days of highs around 40...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7327
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
The nws has been spot on with their predictions, so my trust in them this winter has been sky high. Every storm we here played around with the idea of 6 plus inches, but I've always gone and checked the nws's more moderate predictions and they turned put to be correct, so I haven't been too disappointed with any of these.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11629
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: 2018/2019 Winter Weather Thread
We had about 5-6 inches just south of Bellevue.


