Not what I want to hear... Above average is not my cup of tea... Average will do just fine in my book. Hope Spring isn't too above average, and I really hope Summer is not above average. I really don't want to do another summer like last year already.HR Paperstacks wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:36 am I really hope we can continue this weather and be done with winter. I saw that spring is supposed to be above average this year. But this is the Midwest, so who knows...
2021 Weather thread-
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
-
GetUrban
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2648
- Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:07 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
I like this warm weather, but I’m starting to worry the drought isn’t over after all. Wishing for a “normal” rainy spring, I still wouldn’t be surprised to see some more snow.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
...and then they were gone.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
It's far from over. A reasonable guess is we are currently still about 8" behind. Imagine how much rain that is, just to get back to even. We really can't afford for it not to rain a considerable amount every week. 1-2" one day per week would be a dream. Heck, we need that much rain to obtain a normal spring, let alone cut into our drought. This warm and dry stretch really is concerning to me. Does give me flashbacks of last year. Every week no hope of rain.GetUrban wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:29 am I like this warm weather, but I’m starting to worry the drought isn’t over after all. Wishing for a “normal” rainy spring, I still wouldn’t be surprised to see some more snow.
A normal March delivers 1.99" of rain, which isn't much, so I hope we can at least hit that easily obtainable goal. But ideally we would double that to cut into our drought. A normal April is 2.96, so there's another opportunity to dig in. But a normal May is 4.76", so hard to see us making up much ground there. We'll see, I just majorly hope it doesn't stay dry long.
This week there is a slight chance of rain on Wednesday morning. Grinding my teeth hoping those odds go up, but don't have a lot of faith in that. Betting about .1", if that.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
I’m all for moisture..as long as it’s not the frozen kind, lol..
That said, I saw in the extended forecast heading into the tail end of next week, we could get some rain...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
That said, I saw in the extended forecast heading into the tail end of next week, we could get some rain...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
As in 12 or 13 days from now?Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:20 pm I saw in the extended forecast heading into the tail end of next week, we could get some rain...
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
KETV weekend meteorologist Caitlin Harvey said possibly this Thursday/Friday...Busguy2010 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:10 pmAs in 12 or 13 days from now?Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:20 pm I saw in the extended forecast heading into the tail end of next week, we could get some rain...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
So that is the stuff I was talking about in my above post.
According to the NWS, supposed to be the majority of it Wednesday morning, with a slight chance hanging on all day into Thursday morning. Still a pretty low chance though, and I don't see it amounting to much. Then it looks like more over the weekend, with a very slight chance of snow... For now.
According to the NWS, supposed to be the majority of it Wednesday morning, with a slight chance hanging on all day into Thursday morning. Still a pretty low chance though, and I don't see it amounting to much. Then it looks like more over the weekend, with a very slight chance of snow... For now.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
Snow is doubtful..Very doubtful (my hope at least)..
As it relates to any rain we could get next week, we’ll see...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
As it relates to any rain we could get next week, we’ll see...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
They moved it to Tuesday evening with a better chance for thunder. That would be fun. Still a wimpy looking rain though.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
Last night Sean Everson was showing a more seasonable 14 day forecast. After Wednesday looking more at 50's and 40's.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
The chances for thunder tonight look good enough. I'm excited
NWS currently at up to 60% chance of rain and about .17". Still not great, but more than I thought it would be.
NWS currently at up to 60% chance of rain and about .17". Still not great, but more than I thought it would be.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036609
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
LOL... still a long ways out, but still... LOL.
Total accumulation between now and March 24th.
Total accumulation between now and March 24th.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
According to the latest KETV forecast this morning, it looks like the Omaha metro could see between 1-3 inches of rain this Sunday into Monday..High temps will be in the 40’s. It looks like a very low chance for snow to accumulate into that total.. Which is good..
High temperature of 39-40 on Tuesday. That is a definite cool down...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
High temperature of 39-40 on Tuesday. That is a definite cool down...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
I heard my first thunder last night. That was cool, but it barely even sprinkled where I'm at. Very weak. It looked like CB may have gotten more rain and better thunder.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11643
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
We got .10in in Bellevue.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
Was wondering about Bellevue, too. The rain was so little in Omaha that it didn't register. I guess nearby rain helps cut into the drought of the region as a whole.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
A couple neighborhood dorks were having fires on Sunday night when we were under the same conditions. These kinds of things don't matter to people who don't care.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
This wind is no joke. I sat outside on my driveway patio for about an hour and finally had to bring myself inside..
It’s getting chilly too...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
It’s getting chilly too...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
It was very disruptive... Very glad that's over, and I appreciate the now cooler temperatures.Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:11 am This wind is no joke. I sat outside on my driveway patio for about an hour and finally had to bring myself inside..
It’s getting chilly too...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Oh, and the rain this weekend is looking like the real deal.. Gonna be my type of weather too. Never much below 40 and never much above 50, with lots of rain. I will be in bliss.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
I’m liking that this is a rain event and not frozen..Busguy2010 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:29 amIt was very disruptive... Very glad that's over, and I appreciate the now cooler temperatures.Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:11 am This wind is no joke. I sat outside on my driveway patio for about an hour and finally had to bring myself inside..
It’s getting chilly too...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Oh, and the rain this weekend is looking like the real deal.. Gonna be my type of weather too. Never much below 40 and never much above 50, with lots of rain. I will be in bliss.
And at least Saturday, for the most part, is not a washout and the temps should be in the 50’s. Just warm and dry enough for outside patio weather...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
Delightful the rain numbers they are talking about have only gone up. If the forecast holds up, we could get over 3" and that would be wonderful. Seems like even if the forecast doesn't hold up, we will still get a significant amount of rain. Can't wait!
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
So far not as much rain as they were thinking to start, and you can see the OmaDome at work on the radar. They were saying we'd have .25" by midnight and I don't see that happening. What rain we have gotten so far has not registered. But I do still feel it'll come through. They're saying the actual heavy stuff is supposed to start around 11 now.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
I wholeheartedly retract that statement... It is coming down beautifully!Busguy2010 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:42 am They were saying we'd have .25" by midnight and I don't see that happening.
-
GetUrban
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2648
- Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:07 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
Finally, a decent rain event in Omaha, even though it’s happening without lightning and thunder. But I’ll take it!
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
...and then they were gone.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
As long as it isn’t frozen precipitation, I can tolerate a washout drag of a day..Just wish it was on a workday instead..
In any case-
We need the moisture...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
In any case-
We need the moisture...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
Good to see there's more on the way up. This break has been, I don't want to use the word disappointing, but it has really cut into our total rain potential. I don't see how we get to 3", not with the break we've been in the last few hours... But still if we can get to 2+, that is still very impressive and much needed.
Normal rain for the month of March is 1.99, but also normal snow is 4.2". So if we don't want snow, we will have to hope for even more rain events to stay even or cut into our drought.
Normal rain for the month of March is 1.99, but also normal snow is 4.2". So if we don't want snow, we will have to hope for even more rain events to stay even or cut into our drought.
-
zippy
- Library Board
- Posts: 301
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:55 pm
- Location: Harvey Oaks
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11643
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
I just checked our rain gauge SW of Bellevue.
3.25 in so far for the total from the storm.
3.25 in so far for the total from the storm.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11643
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
Checked rain gauge again this morning:
3.8 in for the total.
3.8 in for the total.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7334
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
Officially 3.03 on the event at Eppley, haven't looked at my rain gauge yet. Could still rain a minute, probably immeasurable amount later today.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: 2021 Weather thread-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
