McDonald's Flagpoles
-
mrsticka
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2501
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
- Location: Lincoln
McDonald's Flagpoles
Remember back in the 70's, 80's and 90's when most McDonald's locations used to fly 3 flags outside their stores? The US flag, the state flag of whatever state it was in and the McDonald's flag? And the middle and tallest pole for the US flag would have an eagle pendant on top of it instead of just a plain old ball?
These days, not many McDonald's locations have all 3 flagpoles. Some still do, but most just fly the US flag now. Either that or they don't have any flags at all.
These days, not many McDonald's locations have all 3 flagpoles. Some still do, but most just fly the US flag now. Either that or they don't have any flags at all.
-
bbinks
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1552
- Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm
Re: McDonald's Flagpoles
One of those things that you don't realize went away until someone brings it up. It was something that set McD apart m
-
GrandpaaSmucker
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1879
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 pm
Re: McDonald's Flagpoles
I don't mean to make grown men cry
......but rumors are flying that McDonalds is going to close up indoor dining again in Lincoln and Omaha. I think it sounds like a smart idea. Be strong and mask up and plan on heading to the drive thru for your McNuggets
Article- https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/mcd ... oms-again/
Article- https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/mcd ... oms-again/
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8989
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: McDonald's Flagpoles
Yeah that would not surprise me. I don't think they ever reopened the kids play areas since Covid hit.GrandpaaSmucker wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:16 am I don't mean to make grown men cry......but rumors are flying that McDonalds is going to close up indoor dining again in Lincoln and Omaha. I think it sounds like a smart idea. Be strong and mask up and plan on heading to the drive thru for your McNuggets
![]()
Article- https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/mcd ... oms-again/
Greg
-
mrsticka
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2501
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
- Location: Lincoln
Re: McDonald's Flagpoles
It was a gradual process. It didn't happen overnight. It started around the mid-90's when they started removing the 2 smaller flagpoles for the state flag and McDonald's one, but leaving the middle pole for the US flag.bbinks wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:58 am One of those things that you don't realize went away until someone brings it up. It was something that set McD apart m
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4936
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: McDonald's Flagpoles
To be fair, those kids play areas were a cesspool of germs for decades.Greg S wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:34 amYeah that would not surprise me. I don't think they ever reopened the kids play areas since Covid hit.GrandpaaSmucker wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:16 am I don't mean to make grown men cry......but rumors are flying that McDonalds is going to close up indoor dining again in Lincoln and Omaha. I think it sounds like a smart idea. Be strong and mask up and plan on heading to the drive thru for your McNuggets
![]()
Article- https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/mcd ... oms-again/
Greg
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8989
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: McDonald's Flagpoles
Louie wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:32 amTo be fair, those kids play areas were a cesspool of germs for decades.Greg S wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:34 amYeah that would not surprise me. I don't think they ever reopened the kids play areas since Covid hit.GrandpaaSmucker wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:16 am I don't mean to make grown men cry......but rumors are flying that McDonalds is going to close up indoor dining again in Lincoln and Omaha. I think it sounds like a smart idea. Be strong and mask up and plan on heading to the drive thru for your McNuggets
![]()
Article- https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/mcd ... oms-again/
Greg
Isn't pretty much anywhere frequented by kids. I know my boys played in them occasionally but don't ever remember them getting sick after. Same with the play areas in malls.
Greg
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4936
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: McDonald's Flagpoles
I mean most play areas aren't enclosed like the Play Places are/were. But yeah, children are some certainly germy folk in any circumstance.Greg S wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:34 amLouie wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:32 amTo be fair, those kids play areas were a cesspool of germs for decades.Greg S wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:34 amYeah that would not surprise me. I don't think they ever reopened the kids play areas since Covid hit.GrandpaaSmucker wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:16 am I don't mean to make grown men cry......but rumors are flying that McDonalds is going to close up indoor dining again in Lincoln and Omaha. I think it sounds like a smart idea. Be strong and mask up and plan on heading to the drive thru for your McNuggets
![]()
Article- https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/mcd ... oms-again/
Greg
Isn't pretty much anywhere frequented by kids. I know my boys played in them occasionally but don't ever remember them getting sick after. Same with the play areas in malls.
Greg
-
mrsticka
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2501
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
- Location: Lincoln
Re: McDonald's Flagpoles
Remember the old playgrounds at McDonald's called McDonaldland? I know some kids found it scary, but I didn't. The one on 108th and Q had one many years ago.
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: McDonald's Flagpoles
I wonder if any of the stores flew the flag upside down whenever a kid peed in the ball pit?
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
GrandpaaSmucker
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1879
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 pm
Re: McDonald's Flagpoles
[youtube][/youtube]This thread has almost dumbed me down to the point ......Ok I lied this thread has dumbed me down to the 2nd grade. I need to stay away from this thread now before I get dumbed down to preschool. 
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
-
mrsticka
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2501
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
- Location: Lincoln

