Mutual of Omaha Tower (14th & Farnam)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Athomsfere »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:09 am
omahahawk wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:27 pm
The City Council will vote on this 5/17/22, a significant hurdle which will pretty much green light the overall plan..which I believe will get a 5-2 approval vote…

Interesting, so sounds like this Tuesday should be a pretty big day for this project. So when you say this will pretty much green light the overall plan are you thinking that if it gets approval we are pretty much looking at getting the building and streetcar as originally presented?
This Tuesday’s vote is the biggest hurdle. When it passes (and it will) the domino effect will occur..

Folks, this project WILL happen- tower and streetcar. I know some of us are apprehensive due to the cost of the tower rising to $600 million. Here’s the thing- Mutual and the city are committed to these projects. Over the weekend, I was at a get together and my friend, who also attended, and is a mutual executive, who has worked at mutual for 30 years, whose boss reports to mutual’s CEO- indicated to me the tower project- at its projected size and scope, will happen. No talks of delays or scaling back.. This speaks volumes..

Again, we are not talking about a developer like Townsend and Wallstreet tower.. We’re talking about a 100+ year old Omaha Fortune 500 company- who like UP and First National, has doubled down and committed to Downtown Omaha..

This Tuesday’s vote is the project domino catalyst- and again, I predict it will pass 5-2. I wouldn’t be surprised with a 7-0 vote to be honest…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I can't imagine how this wouldn't pass.

And I expect Conagra half expected the price increase. They had people estimating the cost, and they probably gave a high risk of the cost over running with what was happening in the economy overall, but when a business needs something, it's going to get done.

And finally, they are committing to Omaha without demanding a suburban style campus in the middle of downtown :D
omahahawk
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1189
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:16 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by omahahawk »

And finally, they are committing to Omaha without demanding a suburban style campus in the middle of downtown
Exactly, and this deserves some props. Also, found it very interesting and actually quite refreshing when the CEO admited that they needed a little help when it came to the development game and were now relying more on expert advice from outside developers. This says a lot and I believe is going to bode very well for them both downtown and for whats to come at their previous site. Can't wait to see what Lanoha comes up with in midtown.
Doctor Fate
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:31 pm
Location: DC Metro

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Doctor Fate »

omahahawk wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:27 pm
Can't wait to see what Lanoha comes up with in midtown.
I have a strong feeling that it will be something similar to the rumor that was posted awhile back. Midtown will be a great spot for residential next to the Blackstone and Farnam Hill (former Quarters District), in between UNMC and the Riverfront,and along the streetcar line.
Indaknow wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:33 pm It had two, square buildings at the back labeled “20 story condo”, two square buildings in the front labeled “10 story condo/retail”. In between the back two buildings, there was a building that was rectangular shaped labeled “6 story civic use”. It appeared to have a round circle drawn on this building (an atrium or dome maybe). In front of that building and in between the two 10 story buildings was an area that was labeled “grand lawn”. There was a dotted square line labeled “parking” that went around all five buildings and the grand lawn. This may not even be a plan for MofO’s location. It may be a plan for somewhere else, maybe not even in Omaha. It’s just that the office that I seen this in leads me to believe that it was for the MofO current location.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Athomsfere wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:45 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:09 am
omahahawk wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:27 pm
The City Council will vote on this 5/17/22, a significant hurdle which will pretty much green light the overall plan..which I believe will get a 5-2 approval vote…

Interesting, so sounds like this Tuesday should be a pretty big day for this project. So when you say this will pretty much green light the overall plan are you thinking that if it gets approval we are pretty much looking at getting the building and streetcar as originally presented?
This Tuesday’s vote is the biggest hurdle. When it passes (and it will) the domino effect will occur..

Folks, this project WILL happen- tower and streetcar. I know some of us are apprehensive due to the cost of the tower rising to $600 million. Here’s the thing- Mutual and the city are committed to these projects. Over the weekend, I was at a get together and my friend, who also attended, and is a mutual executive, who has worked at mutual for 30 years, whose boss reports to mutual’s CEO- indicated to me the tower project- at its projected size and scope, will happen. No talks of delays or scaling back.. This speaks volumes..

Again, we are not talking about a developer like Townsend and Wallstreet tower.. We’re talking about a 100+ year old Omaha Fortune 500 company- who like UP and First National, has doubled down and committed to Downtown Omaha..

This Tuesday’s vote is the project domino catalyst- and again, I predict it will pass 5-2. I wouldn’t be surprised with a 7-0 vote to be honest…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I can't imagine how this wouldn't pass.

And I expect Conagra half expected the price increase. They had people estimating the cost, and they probably gave a high risk of the cost over running with what was happening in the economy overall, but when a business needs something, it's going to get done.

And finally, they are committing to Omaha without demanding a suburban style campus in the middle of downtown :D
I know you meant Mutual of Omaha, who like UP and First National, have doubled down and are bullish about Omaha..As opposed to ConAgra, who turn-coated and bailed on the city because the CEO and his wife had a “Love Jones” for flippin’ Chicago :;): …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Athomsfere »

Yes, I wasn't exactly being subtle.

I think most everyone on this board agrees, the current "corporate stewardship" of Omaha is doing a pretty good job. Better than most medium sized cities in the US at least.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Athomsfere wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:02 pm I think most everyone on this board agrees, the current "corporate stewardship" of Omaha is doing a pretty good job. Better than most medium sized cities in the US at least.
Little doubt about that here on the forum. Can’t speak for Reddit Omaha though :lol: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:09 am
omahahawk wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:27 pm
The City Council will vote on this 5/17/22, a significant hurdle which will pretty much green light the overall plan..which I believe will get a 5-2 approval vote…

Interesting, so sounds like this Tuesday should be a pretty big day for this project. So when you say this will pretty much green light the overall plan are you thinking that if it gets approval we are pretty much looking at getting the building and streetcar as originally presented?
This Tuesday’s vote is the project domino catalyst- and again, I predict it will pass 5-2. I wouldn’t be surprised with a 7-0 vote to be honest…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Table set- plan passed the City-Council with a unanimous 7-0 vote..

Be excited friends. Our downtown core is on the rise in more ways than one :thumb: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11634
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by skinzfan23 »

So it was a 7-0 vote, that is awesome. I know this is a huge project, but it shows that city leaders know the importance of continuing the growth that downtown and midtown have experienced in the last decade.
bldgengineer2015
Home Owners Association
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:13 am

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by bldgengineer2015 »

It technically was a 6-0 vote. Brinker Harding wasn't at the meeting yesterday.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I had lunch with a friend yesterday, who is also my execute source at Mutual- he indicated he saw a new model of the downtown skyline with the latest addition- The Mutual of Omaha tower..It showed the tower as being taller than the First National- by what looks to be about 75 feet- which would put this tower at 700 feet plus. Also, I received affirmation, that unless a cow jumps over the Moon by January 2023, this tower WILL be built- and will NOT scaled back at all..

This is all I am at liberty to say, other than my friend is a ROCK SOLID extremely reliable source..

In any case, I thought I’d share that little nugget. More I’m sure to follow :thumb: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Big E
City Council
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:12 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Big E »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:43 pmAlso, I received affirmation, that unless a cow jumps over the Moon by January 2023, this tower WILL be built- and will NOT scaled back at all.
Can you quantify that using non-bovine space gymnastics terms?
Stable genius.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Big E wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:42 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:43 pmAlso, I received affirmation, that unless a cow jumps over the Moon by January 2023, this tower WILL be built- and will NOT scaled back at all.
Can you quantify that using non-bovine space gymnastics terms?
Lol-

It’s going to be built, it will not be scaled back and will likely be taller than the First National Tower…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Bob from Omaha
Planning Board
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Bob from Omaha »

Ok but if Mutual backs out YOU have to build it
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Bob from Omaha wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:05 pm Ok but if Mutual backs out YOU have to build it
If that were to happen, you have my commitment..

60-90 days…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Doctor Fate
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:31 pm
Location: DC Metro

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Doctor Fate »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:43 pm I had lunch with a friend yesterday, who is also my execute source at Mutual- he indicated he saw a new model of the downtown skyline with the latest addition- The Mutual of Omaha tower..It showed the tower as being taller than the First National- by what looks to be about 75 feet- which would put this tower at 700 feet plus.
Awesome news!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Doctor Fate wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:35 am
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:43 pm I had lunch with a friend yesterday, who is also my execute source at Mutual- he indicated he saw a new model of the downtown skyline with the latest addition- The Mutual of Omaha tower..It showed the tower as being taller than the First National- by what looks to be about 75 feet- which would put this tower at 700 feet plus.
Awesome news!
I thought so as well :thumb: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Athomsfere »

I think we all sort of knew these would be closer to 700 feet based on the math, but I'm glad to hear any details I can on this project!
User avatar
stormchaser
Planning Board
Posts: 2380
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by stormchaser »

Not completely surprised its height will likely surpass 700 feet (though I do appreciate the insight, like normal). I wondered already when they said the cost of the project had grown to over $600 million. I understand construction costs are up but that was a pretty significant jump so it makes more sense now that it sounds increasingly likely this will be a taller building than maybe initially thought.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

stormchaser wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:12 pm Not completely surprised its height will likely surpass 700 feet (though I do appreciate the insight, like normal). I wondered already when they said the cost of the project had grown to over $600 million. I understand construction costs are up but that was a pretty significant jump so it makes more sense now that it sounds increasingly likely this will be a taller building than maybe initially thought.
Agreed.. Also-

I am aware of some of our “cautious optimism” and underlying doubt this project will start on time, get scaled back, or be scraped completely.. The wounds of our failed Townsend Wallstreet Tower are still alive and well. And I get it..I really do..

But to compare that failure to this current plan by Mutual of Omaha, is about as apples and oranges as you can get..

I’ve repeated the doubting sentiment some have on our forum to my Mutual executive source, and he has repeatedly came back and told me, as recently as Saturday afternoon, the project is all systems go- no scaling back and no delays (unless the demo of the W Dale Clark takes longer than projected)…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:06 pm
Location: The Big O

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by guy4omaha »

Bob from Omaha wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:05 pm Ok but if Mutual backs out YOU have to build it
Or perhaps Brad could snap a photo of Cowboy jumping over the moon.
My old signature got too old. So old it was getting almost as old me as me. Yeah, it was up there in years.
omahahawk
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1189
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:16 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by omahahawk »

stormchaser wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:12 pm Not completely surprised its height will likely surpass 700 feet (though I do appreciate the insight, like normal). I wondered already when they said the cost of the project had grown to over $600 million. I understand construction costs are up but that was a pretty significant jump so it makes more sense now that it sounds increasingly likely this will be a taller building than maybe initially thought.
So would it be incorrect to assume that since costs are rising Mutual is hedging their bets by building the initial tower taller with the thought that they may just sell the east lot for future development by the city rather than developing it themselves at a later time?
User avatar
stormchaser
Planning Board
Posts: 2380
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by stormchaser »

omahahawk wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:27 pm
stormchaser wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:12 pm Not completely surprised its height will likely surpass 700 feet (though I do appreciate the insight, like normal). I wondered already when they said the cost of the project had grown to over $600 million. I understand construction costs are up but that was a pretty significant jump so it makes more sense now that it sounds increasingly likely this will be a taller building than maybe initially thought.
So would it be incorrect to assume that since costs are rising Mutual is hedging their bets by building the initial tower taller with the thought that they may just sell the east lot for future development by the city rather than developing it themselves at a later time?
Seems plausible to me - only time will tell though (obviously)…
User avatar
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations
Posts: 796
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:59 am

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:43 pm I had lunch with a friend yesterday, who is also my execute source at Mutual- he indicated he saw a new model of the downtown skyline with the latest addition- The Mutual of Omaha tower..It showed the tower as being taller than the First National- by what looks to be about 75 feet- which would put this tower at 700 feet plus. Also, I received affirmation, that unless a cow jumps over the Moon by January 2023, this tower WILL be built- and will NOT scaled back at all..

This is all I am at liberty to say, other than my friend is a ROCK SOLID extremely reliable source..

In any case, I thought I’d share that little nugget. More I’m sure to follow :thumb: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Does the tower still look the same in the new rendering? A lot of times the first announced plans for towers are drastically changed for some reason.
#Save(TheBaseandSidesof)TheUglyGrainSilos2025
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

To address a couple of questions- the skyline model my Mutual executive friend saw was the same as the rendering seen by the public- but it showed the Mutual tower as taller than the First National tower by what looked to be about 75 feet..

So no new design rendering, no scaling back, and the tower I’d say will end up in that 700 ft range..And maybe a smidge taller than that..

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
omahahawk
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1189
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:16 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by omahahawk »

Thanks. Sounds like it's going to be great when done.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

You’re welcome..

Can’t wait to see the finished product :thumb: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Big E
City Council
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:12 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Big E »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:25 am You’re welcome..

Can’t wait to see the finished product :thumb: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
It's just going to be a 700 ft statue of Tony Romo.

With a grocery store.
Stable genius.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Big E wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:01 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:25 am You’re welcome..

Can’t wait to see the finished product :thumb: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
It's just going to be a 700 ft statue of Tony Romo.

With a grocery store.
Actually, I’d take a 700ft tall Mt Rushmore tower.. Including Romo, Dak, Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach..

And that grocery store included…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Athomsfere »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:09 pm
Big E wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:01 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:25 am You’re welcome..

Can’t wait to see the finished product :thumb: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
It's just going to be a 700 ft statue of Tony Romo.

With a grocery store.
Actually, I’d take a 700ft tall Mt Rushmore tower.. Including Romo, Dak, Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach..

And that grocery store included…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I have no idea what any of those names are... Tony Romo certainly sounds like a Simpons Mafia character though.
User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 3279
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:08 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:09 pm
Big E wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:01 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:25 am You’re welcome..

Can’t wait to see the finished product :thumb: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
It's just going to be a 700 ft statue of Tony Romo.

With a grocery store.
Actually, I’d take a 700ft tall Mt Rushmore tower.. Including Romo, Dak, Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach..

And that grocery store included…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I think the pure absurdity of that would bring in a lot of tourism.

With the grocery included it would surely put Wall Drug in their place.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Athomsfere wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:38 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:09 pm
Big E wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:01 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:25 am You’re welcome..

Can’t wait to see the finished product :thumb: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
It's just going to be a 700 ft statue of Tony Romo.

With a grocery store.
Actually, I’d take a 700ft tall Mt Rushmore tower.. Including Romo, Dak, Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach..

And that grocery store included…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I have no idea what any of those names are... Tony Romo certainly sounds like a Simpons Mafia character though.
That’s okay. You’d have to be a fan of the National Football League and the Dallas Cowboys..

In any case, just a fun diversion…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:36 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:09 pm
Big E wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:01 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:25 am You’re welcome..

Can’t wait to see the finished product :thumb: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
It's just going to be a 700 ft statue of Tony Romo.

With a grocery store.
Actually, I’d take a 700ft tall Mt Rushmore tower.. Including Romo, Dak, Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach..

And that grocery store included…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I think the pure absurdity of that would bring in a lot of tourism.

With the grocery included it would surely put Wall Drug in their place.
It’d arguably be the biggest tourist attraction between the Canadian border and Dallas Texas :lol: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2812
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:13 pm
Location: 68102

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by nebport5 »

Athomsfere wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:38 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:09 pm
Big E wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:01 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:25 am You’re welcome..

Can’t wait to see the finished product :thumb: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
It's just going to be a 700 ft statue of Tony Romo.

With a grocery store.
Actually, I’d take a 700ft tall Mt Rushmore tower.. Including Romo, Dak, Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach..

And that grocery store included…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
I have no idea what any of those names are... Tony Romo certainly sounds like a Simpons Mafia character though.
LOL. If you watch NFL games, he's the guy on CBS that makes you want to turn off the sound.
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Athomsfere »

nebport5 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:17 pm LOL. If you watch NFL games, he's the guy on CBS that makes you want to turn off the sound.
LOL, I can think of few means of torture more painful than watching the NFL on TV.

I suspected whoever those people were, it was either sportsball or whatever the current version of the Kardashians is.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7333
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Busguy2010 »

Athomsfere wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:23 pm
nebport5 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:17 pm LOL. If you watch NFL games, he's the guy on CBS that makes you want to turn off the sound.
LOL, I can think of few means of torture more painful than watching the NFL on TV.
Really really off topic, but Tony Romo is one of the best analysts across all the major broadcasters for football in a long time. The name you're looking for Chris Collinsworth.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Lol..

I’ll take responsibility for this thread going off the rails..

In any case, one of the things I find interesting about this Mutual Tower/Streetcar development, is how little the “average” citizen actually knows about it. I talked to a neighbor the other day, and he really wasn’t aware of either development announcement..Other than he knew “they were tearing down the park downtown”..I needed to fill him in on the detail of the Riverfront Redevelopment plan as well..

Then again- Maybe he is a “one off”.. I dunno…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Flyer14
Home Owners Association
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:14 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Flyer14 »

Your neighbor isn’t a one off, I’d say the vast majority of my coworkers had not heard any details. Many had not heard the announcements at all. Further still many weren’t even aware that a new children science center was being built.
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Athomsfere »

Agreed. The wild half stories people have told me about around Omaha is always interesting. Add in the conjecture on top of it and I get gems similar to "Mutual is tearing down the libraries to build a new empty headquarters with no parking, so they can move to Chicago and leave Omaha tax payers with the bill".
User avatar
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations
Posts: 796
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:59 am

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

Athomsfere wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:38 pm Agreed. The wild half stories people have told me about around Omaha is always interesting. Add in the conjecture on top of it and I get gems similar to "Mutual is tearing down the libraries to build a new empty headquarters with no parking, so they can move to Chicago and leave Omaha tax payers with the bill".
Ah yes who wouldn’t build a $600 million tower then move to Chicago in a building that would cost even more?
#Save(TheBaseandSidesof)TheUglyGrainSilos2025
User avatar
Big E
City Council
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:12 pm

Re: Mutual Tower on the Library Lot

Post by Big E »

PotatoeEatsFish wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:02 pmAh yes who wouldn’t build a $600 million tower then move to Chicago in a building that would cost even more?
Adjusted for inflation, ConAgra.
Stable genius.