Beer Homebrewers

Humor and off topic conversation
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106389
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Beer Homebrewers

Post by almighty_tuna »

Anyone on the forum brew their own beer on the regular?
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036616
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Beer Homebrewers

Post by Brad »

almighty_tuna wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:18 am Anyone on the forum brew their own beer on the regular?
Nope, only drink it!

That said, there were several home brewers that would hang out at the Casual Pint.
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106389
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: Beer Homebrewers

Post by almighty_tuna »

Well, I've got some Cascade hops that should find a home in someone's wort if you know anyone who wants some.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: Beer Homebrewers

Post by Coyote »

Well, I was wondering if Tuna was growing them these days…
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106389
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: Beer Homebrewers

Post by almighty_tuna »

Yep! I've got one plant of 3rd year Cascades ready to harvest!
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: Beer Homebrewers

Post by Coyote »

How long do Cascade plants take to harvest here in September?
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106389
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: Beer Homebrewers

Post by almighty_tuna »

Well, mine takes about an hour since it's a single plant. I just cut the bines and remove the cones by hand.
User avatar
Uffda
County Board
Posts: 4622
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Land o Lakes, FL

Re: Beer Homebrewers

Post by Uffda »

I have an Omaha friend that is a brewer. I am not up there any more, but I could ask him. I think Brad knows him too.
We are the people our parents warned us about.

Jimmy Buffett
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036616
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Beer Homebrewers

Post by Brad »

Uffda wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:52 pm I have an Omaha friend that is a brewer. I am not up there any more, but I could ask him. I think Brad knows him too.
Yep, he was working at the pint just the other day.
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106389
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: Beer Homebrewers

Post by almighty_tuna »

Brad, can you see if he'd be interested in some hops?