










Oh, thats too bad.

That really is too bad..bbinks wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:40 pm I read on Next-door that the husband/father owner passed away last October. Covid didn't help either
Huge national chain resources/revenue..there are many small population communities whose only option for a take out sub is Subway..and Subway is typically everywhere a localized state or regional chain isn’t..bbinks wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:01 pm Yet, the Subway in the old KFC building drones on. With so many better chain stores to pick from, how does Subway survive?
Used to be a time when your options were Subway, Blimpie, Little King, or Schlotsky. I think Omaha is down to one Blimpie. Schlotsky was a disappointment my last time there. Wasn't what I remember.Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:14 pmHuge national chain resources/revenue..there are many small population communities whose only option for a take out sub is Subway..and Subway is typically everywhere a localized state or regional chain isn’t..bbinks wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:01 pm Yet, the Subway in the old KFC building drones on. With so many better chain stores to pick from, how does Subway survive?
That’s basically a significant part of how Subway survives...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Omaha is a 1 million population metro.. Basically every national sub sandwich chain is here.. Including Blimpies, Jersey Mike’s, Firehouse Subs etc etc..bbinks wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:28 pmUsed to be a time when your options were Subway, Blimpie, Little King, or Schlotsky. I think Omaha is down to one Blimpie. Schlotsky was a disappointment my last time there. Wasn't what I remember.Omaha Cowboy wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:14 pmHuge national chain resources/revenue..there are many small population communities whose only option for a take out sub is Subway..and Subway is typically everywhere a localized state or regional chain isn’t..bbinks wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:01 pm Yet, the Subway in the old KFC building drones on. With so many better chain stores to pick from, how does Subway survive?
That’s basically a significant part of how Subway survives...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
I can't recall the name of the sub place off 168th & center. Been gone for years. Larger place i think
There was a Planet Sub near there circa 2007, but it closed. Planet Sub made a second attempt near 84th & Center a few years ago but it failed too.bbinks wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:28 pm I can't recall the name of the sub place off 168th & center. Been gone for years. Larger place i think
And that's a negative attribute???ChadJK wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:05 am I never cared for Schlotzsky's bread. It tastes like I'm eating a deli sandwich on a giant English muffin.
I feel the same way when I hear someone say they hate La Casa pizza, lol..garyomaha wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:19 pmAnd that's a negative attribute???ChadJK wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:05 am I never cared for Schlotzsky's bread. It tastes like I'm eating a deli sandwich on a giant English muffin.
When I first moved back to Omaha in the 80s, a friend recommended Schlotzsky's. I tried it and was hooked, mainly because of the bread.
As the saying goes, that's why there's chocolate and vanilla!
Unlikely that Razzys makes a return. The kids werent interested in taking over the family business.jgomaha wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:04 pm Just passed Razzy's and something seems to be going on here. There was someone on the roof and there seemed to be new construction by the entrance. The Razzy's pylon sign was still in standing, are they making a return?
![]()
I suspect that the sign is still there so whoever takes over the building can make use of it. If I understand Omaha zoning rules, if the sign was just taken down, it could not be replaced by a similar one.jgomaha wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:04 pm Just passed Razzy's and something seems to be going on here. There was someone on the roof and there seemed to be new construction by the entrance. The Razzy's pylon sign was still in standing, are they making a return?
![]()

Wonderful - I’m assuming this is another dispensary? Between these and car washes you’ll be able to be high in a clean car all over town!Brad wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:11 pm Survey Says....... "Grateful Green"
Property Address: 2615 N 90 ST
Parcel ID (PIN) - 2429260002
Permits BLD-23-01021: REMODEL OF EXISTING SPACE
Project Description: Grateful Green
Afraid so.djc311 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:15 pmWonderful - I’m assuming this is another dispensary? Between these and car washes you’ll be able to be high in a clean car all over town!Brad wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:11 pm Survey Says....... "Grateful Green"
Property Address: 2615 N 90 ST
Parcel ID (PIN) - 2429260002
Permits BLD-23-01021: REMODEL OF EXISTING SPACE
Project Description: Grateful Green
YOu left out the short lifespan of the frozen yogurt shops.nativeomahan wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:38 pm 10 years ago the Payday Advance places were the bane of Omaha. It seems the CBD dispensories and car washes have now taken their place.
At some point everyone will be driving a spotlessly clean car and feeling no pain, so maybe the pendulum will swing back away from these businesses into lord knows what else.