Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
The cryptic rumor dept has learned from a VERY reliable source in the real-estate industry that Charleston's will be opening a restaurant in the Brandies Building in DT Omaha..
Charleston's currently has one Omaha location in the First National Business Park at 144th and Dodge..
Lets see if this one indeed becomes a reality..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Charleston's currently has one Omaha location in the First National Business Park at 144th and Dodge..
Lets see if this one indeed becomes a reality..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
Interesting... we're really beginning to see a considerable number of upscale chain restaurants either coming or rumored to be coming to parts of downtown outside the Old Market.
-
nebport5
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2804
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
- Location: 68102
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
Charleston's and Rock Bottom, what else? I'm drawing a blank...jhuston wrote:Interesting... we're really beginning to see a considerable number of upscale chain restaurants either coming or rumored to be coming to parts of downtown outside the Old Market.
right now I'd be happy if just one came DT on 16th St.
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
Chop House at the Paxton (ie 801 Steak and Chop House of Des Moines) and Jazz, a Louisiana Kitchen. I guess these aren't chains.
-
nebport5
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2804
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
- Location: 68102
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
oh well, probably for the better that they aren't chains. (One of the things that annoys me about DT Chicago is all the chain restaurants.)
chain or not its a great set up for retail infill between the OM and north side.
chain or not its a great set up for retail infill between the OM and north side.
-
omahapropertymanager
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 224
- Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 4:24 pm
- Location: Midtown Omaha
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
I just talked to my sister who's worked at Charleston's for 8ish years and she said she doesn't think their is any truth to them opening another Charleston's in Omaha. They are going to do a small expansion to the existing location, but hasn't heard anything about a new location.
-
Finn
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1387
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:54 pm
- Location: DC
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
I don't know what the latest is (if it will be a Charleston's or whatever) but a source told me last spring that they were trying to get/close to getting a top notch steak house at the Brandeis. I hope they are getting close with someone - that will help this area of DT.
-
omahapropertymanager
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 224
- Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 4:24 pm
- Location: Midtown Omaha
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
I thought that the people who own Charleston's also owner a few other restaurant chains so maybe they want to put in one of their other brands.Finn wrote:I don't know what the latest is (if it will be a Charleston's or whatever) but a source told me last spring that they were trying to get/close to getting a top notch steak house at the Brandeis. I hope they are getting close with someone - that will help this area of DT.
-
Vince Furlong
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:01 pm
- Location: Soon to be in your neighborhood
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
Forum members who eat out a lot,
Please suggest to your FAVORITE, LOCALLY-OWNED restaurants who do not have a downtown presence that you would like to see them open a location in downtown Omaha, i.e., Lo Sole Mio, McFoster's, etc.
Somebody has to ask them, because I am afraid the local developers and commercial real estate boys and girls do not....
Vince Furlong
OMAHA MAIN STREETS
Please suggest to your FAVORITE, LOCALLY-OWNED restaurants who do not have a downtown presence that you would like to see them open a location in downtown Omaha, i.e., Lo Sole Mio, McFoster's, etc.
Somebody has to ask them, because I am afraid the local developers and commercial real estate boys and girls do not....
Vince Furlong
OMAHA MAIN STREETS
-
nebport5
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2804
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
- Location: 68102
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
Vince Furlong wrote:Forum members who eat out a lot,
Please suggest to your FAVORITE, LOCALLY-OWNED restaurants who do not have a downtown presence that you would like to see them open a location in downtown Omaha, i.e., Lo Sole Mio, McFoster's, etc.
Somebody has to ask them, because I am afraid the local developers and commercial real estate boys and girls do not....
Vince Furlong
OMAHA MAIN STREETS
-LaCasa (LaCasa East, and of course LaCasa far west)
-Vincenzo's
-Prima 140
-
jsheets
- Human Relations
- Posts: 596
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:06 pm
- Location: West Papio Lakes
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
Valentino's Grand Italian Buffet, and Runza, of course
But seriously folks, I'll be here all week...
Lazlo's would be high on my list, but they are from Lincoln.
But seriously folks, I'll be here all week...
Lazlo's would be high on my list, but they are from Lincoln.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
Sushi Ichiban (sorry Matsu... SI is the gold standard), Goldeez
.
-Big E
-Big E
Stable genius.
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7784
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
Wow cowboy your source keeps coming up with big ones, he should start a radio show. 
15-17, 26, 32
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
I'll be becoming a realtor later this year, maybe someday I can out do you cowboy. 
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7784
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
He’s the next Jeff Beals.adam186 wrote:I'll be becoming a realtor later this year, maybe someday I can out do you cowboy.
15-17, 26, 32
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
Ha..You guys are a laugh riot..MTO wrote:He’s the next Jeff Beals.adam186 wrote:I'll be becoming a realtor later this year, maybe someday I can out do you cowboy.
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
midtown charlie
- Human Relations
- Posts: 546
- Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:57 pm
- Location: Omaha
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
good point Vince!! I actually like the idea of Prima 20 or whatever street the Brandeis bldng is located on.
-
Guest
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
I heard that Charleston's is now going to build their 2nd Omaha location in the former Old Country Buffet Site off of 76th & dodge.
I believe construction (interior renovations) began, or begin very soon.
I believe construction (interior renovations) began, or begin very soon.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4886
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
That OmahaCowboy was a real liar...
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106377
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
-
derog
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:43 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
I wonder if anything well go into that Charleston's/Paddy O'Quigley's spot. They did a lot of work in there and they built a nice (expensive looking) wooden bar. I guess I just think it'd be a shame to let it go un-spilled upon.
-
Stargazer
- County Board
- Posts: 4182
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
- Location: Bennington
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
Can someone remind me what name was of the Mexican place which was the original restaurant in that Old Country Buffet location? I used to love their fajitas.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
-
ThatGuy
- Human Relations
- Posts: 607
- Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:10 am
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
Chi-Chi's
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
According to Grow Omaha, there could be 2 restaurants located in that space. I haven't been to OCB in years, but I think it was a huge space.
Grow Omaha wrote:Charleston's plans to open a second metro area location this fall at 76th & Dodge inside a former Old Country Buffet space. The restaurant may be co-located with a restaurant concept from the same company that owns Charleston's.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
ThatGuy
- Human Relations
- Posts: 607
- Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:10 am
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
You were a lot younger the last time you ate at there? You are doing it wrong!Brad wrote:I haven't been to OCB in years
-
Melissa
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 83
- Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:35 pm
- Location: Aksarben/Elmwood
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
Wow. I wonder what other restaurant they'll bring in? According to the Hal Smith Restaurant Group website they also own:
Hefner Grill, Krispie Kreme, Mahogany, Louie's Grill and Bar, Mama Roja, Red Rock Canyon Grill, Ted's Cafe Escondido, Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill, and Upper Crust Wood Fired Pizza.
I'm assuming not Krispie Kreme or Mahogany. Anybody eaten at the others?
Hefner Grill, Krispie Kreme, Mahogany, Louie's Grill and Bar, Mama Roja, Red Rock Canyon Grill, Ted's Cafe Escondido, Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill, and Upper Crust Wood Fired Pizza.
I'm assuming not Krispie Kreme or Mahogany. Anybody eaten at the others?
“Auditors are the people who show up after the battle and stab the wounded.”
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110964
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
The rumor I had heard but not tossed out there because I am not sure how the person I heard it from would know is that it would be Mama Roja. Take it for what a rumor is worth.
Melissa wrote:Wow. I wonder what other restaurant they'll bring in? According to the Hal Smith Restaurant Group website they also own:
Hefner Grill, Krispie Kreme, Mahogany, Louie's Grill and Bar, Mama Roja, Red Rock Canyon Grill, Ted's Cafe Escondido, Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill, and Upper Crust Wood Fired Pizza.
I'm assuming not Krispie Kreme or Mahogany. Anybody eaten at the others?
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10815
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Chicago
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
I would assume these are planning on the Crossroads project happening.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
That would be an excellent location for Charlestons.
-
charlie123
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:52 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
I heard Charleston's is opening a 2nd location for sure there at the former old country buffett site, however, I drove by yesterday and the place still looks vacant/no construction yet. They do own other entities/brands, but it's for sure Charleston's that they were looking at occupying the OCB space. We'll see what happens! Personally, I'm not sure if it would look good without significant work being done to the facade... They should consider the former Staples Store space just north of it next to the beverly hills plaza....a much nicer spot, however, not equiped w/the kitchen as the OCB space is.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
When did Staples leave?
-
Omababe
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2467
- Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
I didn't know they closed. No surprise, since the Office Depot/Max shops had better prices and selection.nativeomahan wrote:When did Staples leave?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
Staples Left? They were still there the other day when I went? With that said, there never seems to be anyone in there. Also, Office Depot/Max (whichever one is by the Mart is closing soon).

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Guest
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
Charleston's is going to put a THIRD location at the Mega-European Village Development with the IKEA, Nordstroms, and Macy's. Scheduled opening date is spring 2016.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
Go away troll, you've already been warned!
-
Guest
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
New to the forum but where is this going? I've been dying for all these stores to come to Omaha. Kinda cool they are all going in at one place.Anonymous wrote:Charleston's is going to put a THIRD location at the Mega-European Village Development with the IKEA, Nordstroms, and Macy's. Scheduled opening date is spring 2016.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
Staples seemed open for business today.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
I am guessing the confusion cam because there is (and has been for a long time) large banner saying for lease on the front of the building. However if you read the fine print its only for 7000 SQ FT, which I am guessing the North East corner of the building. I think it was a training area back in the day.nativeomahan wrote:Staples seemed open for business today.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
charlie123
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:52 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Charleston's (76th and Dodge)
Brad is correct...my bad. I saw the banner on the upper left corner and thought they left. I did recently talk to a manager at Charleston's...they are moving forward with the interior construction at the former Old Country Buffet site. Not sure when it will open, but was under the impression it would be this coming winter.
