Share your photographs and videos taken from around the metro
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366 Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village
Post
by Coyote » Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:27 am
OK, Ladies and Gents
Time to play your favorite game and mine
What and where in the metro is this building?
Last edited by Coyote on Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
projectman
Human Relations
Posts: 867 Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:44 am
Location: Millard/Sarpy County
Post
by projectman » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:47 am
Don't have a clue.
Will
Home Owners Association
Posts: 249 Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:49 pm
Location: Elkhorn
Post
by Will » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:41 am
It appears to be a school house in C.B.
DMRyan
Human Relations
Posts: 644 Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:07 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Post
by DMRyan » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:59 am
Puducah, KY or Peru, Nebraska?
greenbuilder
Home Owners Association
Posts: 74 Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:17 am
Location: Northwest Omaha
Post
by greenbuilder » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:47 pm
Old school in Irvington
futrecndvlpr
Home Owners Association
Posts: 102 Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:07 pm
Post
by futrecndvlpr » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:04 pm
Old school in Irvington is my guess too.
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366 Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village
Post
by Coyote » Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:55 pm
Yes, Greenbuilder (in NW Omaha) is correct.
It is the Old Irvington School.
I haven't seen it listed anywhere as a historic building.
Does anyone know when it was built and occupied as a school.
It now houses the Stofferahn Appraisal Services.
Finn
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1387 Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:54 am
Location: DC
Post
by Finn » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:57 pm
No idea but it was not that long ago that it was still used as a school. I played a basketball game there in grade school in the early 80's when I went to St. James/Seton.
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036569 Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE
Post
by Brad » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:52 am
I live right by St James, and see this building all of the time, but I never would have guessed it.
Coyote, is this a game we can play often?
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036569 Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE
Post
by Brad » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:33 pm
Thread Revival
Ok I know its an easy one
DundeeDave
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 18 Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:37 pm
Location: Dundee
Post
by DundeeDave » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:16 am
This is very near to St Peffers or even closer to the new Mother's resturant and Homey Inn. You get the idea.
DundeeDave ! Geaux Saints !
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036569 Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE
Post
by Brad » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:43 am
correct
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366 Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village
Post
by Coyote » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:07 pm
OK - this time its: From where is Coyote shooting Omaha ?
eomaha
County Board
Posts: 4176 Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm
Location: West Omaha
Post
by eomaha » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:51 am
Fontenelle?
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7784 Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
Location: Dundee
Post
by MTO » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:54 am
That was my guess but google didn't show a tall enough structure down there.
15-17, 26, 32
eomaha
County Board
Posts: 4176 Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm
Location: West Omaha
Post
by eomaha » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:34 am
Aha! I looked through a gazillion digital photo files, dating back to my Sony Mavica days... and finally found this...
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366 Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village
Post
by Coyote » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:38 am
Jeff wins! Yes - my S.O. and I took a walk at Fontenelle today.
The first photo I posted I thought was too easy:
eomaha
County Board
Posts: 4176 Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm
Location: West Omaha
Post
by eomaha » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:41 am
That's a fantastic photo Mark! You must have a pretty decent zoom capability... obviously my old Mavica had NOTHING! I need to renew my membership and get back out there.
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366 Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village
Post
by Coyote » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:49 am
I renewed mine today. The colors this fall are going to be fantasticly unbelievable! Please visit Fontenelle. I found out today that their visit numbers determine how many Interstate exit signs they can request.
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719 Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha
Post
by Omaha Cowboy » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:45 am
Simply wonderful photography Coyote..A Nice skyline perspective..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
w8ing
Human Relations
Posts: 674 Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:32 pm
Location: Twin Cities
Post
by w8ing » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:56 am
Coyote, regarding the former Irvington Elementary, it closed at the end of the school year in 1980.
jsheets
Human Relations
Posts: 596 Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:06 pm
Location: West Papio Lakes
Post
by jsheets » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:51 pm
jhuston wrote:
I took the family here a couple of weeks ago, but we could not figure out what the building is to the right in this photo??? Anyone know? I didn't think that any of the casino's were this tall, so we really couldn't guess...
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036569 Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE
Post
by Brad » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:02 pm
Its that building 10th street, south of DTO
the1wags
County Board
Posts: 3853 Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:43 am
Location: Denver
Post
by the1wags » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:03 pm
Senior housing I belive.
icejammer
County Board
Posts: 3569 Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:39 pm
Location: Council Bluffs
Post
by icejammer » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:30 pm
Old St. Joseph hospital, is it not?
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
--William Jennings Bryan
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366 Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village
Post
by Coyote » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:35 pm
Yes - and now it is St. Joseph's Assisted Living 10th and Martha.
I had a Great Aunt there a while back and wanted to get a picture from up there - wish I would have.
ladyred
Home Owners Association
Posts: 175 Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:55 am
Website: Http://www.doenetwork.org
Location: Omaha
Post
by ladyred » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:57 pm
Hey you are in my old stomping grounds I was DON there for awhile.
I loved the view from the top of the building I would go up there and eat my lunch sometimes.
Patty Beeken
MDS Coordinator Eastern Nebraska Veteran's Home
Serving America's Heroes
There is no time limit to solving a mystery
url=
http://postimage.org/ ]
[/url]
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366 Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village
Post
by Coyote » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:51 pm
Ladyred, you worked there and never invited me up to shoot pictures? Geesh.
eomaha
County Board
Posts: 4176 Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm
Location: West Omaha
Post
by eomaha » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:05 pm
From the Dahlman Neigborhood website...
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366 Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village
Post
by Coyote » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:08 pm
Dang.
I need to adopt a resident there for a day.
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7784 Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
Location: Dundee
Post
by MTO » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:43 am
Whoa nice big shot. Shows some nice density.
15-17, 26, 32
ladyred
Home Owners Association
Posts: 175 Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:55 am
Website: Http://www.doenetwork.org
Location: Omaha
Post
by ladyred » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:33 am
Well I am sure that they would allow you to do some nice volunteer work.
The veiw is great it was the deciding factor in me taking that job.
Patty Beeken
MDS Coordinator Eastern Nebraska Veteran's Home
Serving America's Heroes
There is no time limit to solving a mystery
url=
http://postimage.org/ ]
[/url]
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366 Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village
Post
by Coyote » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:44 am
Yeah - I would - but I am allergic to bedpans.
Do they have a rooftop garden?
ladyred
Home Owners Association
Posts: 175 Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:55 am
Website: Http://www.doenetwork.org
Location: Omaha
Post
by ladyred » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:02 am
No garden but there are tables and chairs up there. It is all fenced in though. The view is much better from the room than out on the actual building.
I happen to know there are plenty of volunteer things you could do there without touching a bed pan.. They have people come in and sing all of the time... maybe you could do that ??? Or you could just sign up to help with the weekly dine out.
Maybe to Denkers bar? That was always a big hit when I was there.
Patty Beeken
MDS Coordinator Eastern Nebraska Veteran's Home
Serving America's Heroes
There is no time limit to solving a mystery
url=
http://postimage.org/ ]
[/url]
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366 Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village
Post
by Coyote » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:53 pm
Here is another Where's Coyote:
DTO Luv
City Council
Posts: 9644 Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm
Post
by DTO Luv » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:06 pm
I've been there for a wedding. I'm pretty sure it's Hummel Park.
DTO
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036569 Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE
Post
by Brad » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:32 pm
The Nebraska Side of Carter lake.
DTO Luv
City Council
Posts: 9644 Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm
Post
by DTO Luv » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:40 pm
Yeah you're right Brad.
DTO
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366 Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village
Post
by Coyote » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:01 pm
Yes, Brad is right - this is in Levi Carter Park.
I'll have to find something visible but harder next time.
I was there to shoot an angle of Omaha that is difficult to take because of the sun:
DTO Luv
City Council
Posts: 9644 Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm
Post
by DTO Luv » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:16 pm
I have some from there but that grain elevator was to much in the way.
DTO