Looks like Joe Ricketts is making ‘friends’ with his Wyoming neighbors. I guess he feels with all his $$$, he can do what he wants including renaming towns.
Locals In Bondurant, Wyoming, Angered By Push To Make It ‘Little Jackson Hole’
TD Ameritrade founder and Chicago Cubs owner Joe Ricketts’s push to rename Bondurant, Wyoming to Little Jackson Hole and build a swanky 230,000-square-foot resort is stirring fears in both Hoback Valley and Sublette County.
NIMBY. I have been to Cloisters several times and seen the respect he has for the land. I think the locals are lucky to Have the Ricketts family investing there. Change is going to happen no matter what.
Having lived in wyoming I don’t see it as a nimby. Reading the article I find it interesting that Ricketts wants to change the name and proposed to residents several years ago and many walked out on him BUT now they are getting their packages addressed to Little Jackson Hole - which isn’t a physical mailing address for that area. Makes you wonder who and how they got it changed
Louie wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:28 pm
Lol, what exactly about the cloisters tells you he ‘cares’ about the land?
My thoughts exactly. A 28' tall security fence and a guard shack screams "I care about the land and the wildlife that once roamed these hills". The cloisters is a look at me disaster.
If they cared about the land, they would have removed all the invasive species, done a controlled burn, and planted the open areas back to a native prairie. Rockefeller bought the land for Grand Teton NP because of people like Rickets.
After decades of dealing with (and observing) wealthy/powerful people, I can honestly say that they’re hard to buttonhole; they run the gamut, character-wise, but one thing they almost universally ascribe to is the inability to accept the word “no.”