The Beam - Nustyle Apartments (610 Douglas St)

Downtown, Midtown, and all parts east of 72nd.
FishFighter92
Home Owners Association
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:57 am

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by FishFighter92 »

Garrett wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 10:29 pm Clearer image of the eastern exposure courtesy of Grow Omaha
Image
This better be EXACTLY what we get. This is WOW
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 10:19 am
skinzfan23 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 10:08 am but NuStyle has delivered on so many other great projects
I can't think of any project they have not finished? Seems like they announce, start fast, and finish everything.
Yep..

That’s seemingly always been their track record..

What an impressive development along the Heartland of America Park/Riverfront this is…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

My one critique is that, along Douglas Street, where the building curves into Riverfront Drive, there's what appears to be a blank wall masking the garage. It degrades the walkability a bit. I wish we'd stop doing that and at least put up some windows.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by skinzfan23 »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 11:21 am My one critique is that, along Douglas Street, where the building curves into Riverfront Drive, there's what appears to be a blank wall masking the garage. It degrades the walkability a bit. I wish we'd stop doing that and at least put up some windows.
I agree, but better than what is there right now, which is nothing. Especially for the piece of land they are working with.
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4694
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: New York City

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by Garrett »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 11:21 am My one critique is that, along Douglas Street, where the building curves into Riverfront Drive, there's what appears to be a blank wall masking the garage. It degrades the walkability a bit. I wish we'd stop doing that and at least put up some windows.
Agreed, particularly with it sitting right on the park. Why wouldn’t you want a little cafe or something in that space?

The other minor issue I have is just how isolated it kinda is from other buildings. A two block walk to 10th without much in the way of other buildings is a bit long. Still thrilled to see it, and as the ConAgra campus fills out it’ll be a bit mitigated
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: 68102

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by nebport5 »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 11:21 am My one critique is that, along Douglas Street, where the building curves into Riverfront Drive, there's what appears to be a blank wall masking the garage. It degrades the walkability a bit. I wish we'd stop doing that and at least put up some windows.
I'm ok with walling off carbon monoxide and auto noise next to the walking path/park. That's part of the point of the structure being a barrier for the park anyway, no? Do you have a visual example of what would be better? Something like the Blackstone garage?

The only thing that bothers me design wise(among this and the O.C.M.) is the bland utilitarian parking garage north of the off ramp. I'm hoping that's a generic rendering place holder. Maybe at least paint it in the O.C.M. motif. The city has actually down well integrating/disguising most of the parking structures downtown.
User avatar
TitosBuritoBarn
Planning Board
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by TitosBuritoBarn »

nebport5 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:05 pm
TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 11:21 am My one critique is that, along Douglas Street, where the building curves into Riverfront Drive, there's what appears to be a blank wall masking the garage. It degrades the walkability a bit. I wish we'd stop doing that and at least put up some windows.
I'm ok with walling off carbon monoxide and auto noise next to the walking path/park. That's part of the point of the structure being a barrier for the park anyway, no? Do you have a visual example of what would be better? Something like the Blackstone garage?
I'm not suggesting the windows would be open-air. Glass is what I had in mind. Just something to break up the wall.

The ideal parking situation would be subterranean, but that adds a lot to the price. Though I feel like at 200+ units that should pencil out with at least partial subterranean parking.

With price in mind, my preference would be a garage at the back of the building where you wouldn't know it's there except for the access driveway. Retail or building access would line the street instead. like so:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/AfrCeJfv552UETr86

Or access from the alley or side at the back (these are not from the front of the given building). With an elevated highway next door, I feel like the dead space underneath that highway could have been taken advantage of for something like this:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/YLLhqV2oKKrnTomi7
https://maps.app.goo.gl/7KD7dn9kvwmYbUHbA
https://maps.app.goo.gl/fvwiBixKbyuXRzsc9

This one is even a pedestal-style garage, but you wouldn't know it because they covered it with the same window treatment as the offices above.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/o71zNV3mA66J8oLe6

To go down a rabbit hole a bit, my favorite garage access internationally would be this one: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Tho6Cm9ZMR3mrHKXA. It requires some panning around for context. The blank, black window is the garage access, situated on a terrace used for outdoor dining. At the street there are retractable bollards that keep nonresident vehicles off. What I've noticed in travels to various European cities is that they don't necessarily have exponentially less parking than North American cities, they're just considerably better at masking it than we are.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by nativeomahan »

1. It’s a LOT better than what’s there now.
2. It seems incredibly bland, and unnecessarily dark in appearance.
Time will tell what happens here.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by Busguy2010 »

I love the mass of the building and the use of limited space. But I don't think it looks good at all. Looks like a housing project tower.
Erik
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1524
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:55 am

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by Erik »

almighty_tuna wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 7:29 am
Erik wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 2:15 am Wow. So when this sixteen story, wood timber building gets finalized into the amazing ten story semi-wood beam apartment complex - we will celebrate the new six story cement structure as it is finally built up into the beautiful two-story complex with an attached parking garage.
Image
Am I wrong? :lol:
CBJason
Library Board
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:01 pm
Location: MEM burbs

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by CBJason »

Busguy2010 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 6:00 pm I love the mass of the building and the use of limited space. But I don't think it looks good at all. Looks like a housing project tower.
I’m glad I’m not the only one to think of it this way. I mean I’m all for this project but god the apartment building is hideous looking. Also, can we get some condos in one of these projects, please?!
Last edited by CBJason on Sat Oct 26, 2024 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by skinzfan23 »

I really liked the building until I saw this rendering that was posted on the grow Omaha post about a different developer before the children’s museum was on board. I would take this is a heartbeat, reminds me of aqua in Chicago:

Image
CBJason
Library Board
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:01 pm
Location: MEM burbs

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by CBJason »

skinzfan23 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 2:25 am I really liked the building until I saw this rendering that was posted on the grow Omaha post about a different developer before the children’s museum was on board. I would take this is a heartbeat, reminds me of aqua in Chicago:

Image
Holy cow! That would have been great! About 30 stories, looks like many buildings in Miami, and I bet it would have at least had some condos to it. We couldn’t have had that developer and the museum together? What’s the story behind this? Who was the developer?
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4694
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: New York City

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by Garrett »

skinzfan23 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 2:25 am I really liked the building until I saw this rendering that was posted on the grow Omaha post about a different developer before the children’s museum was on board. I would take this is a heartbeat, reminds me of aqua in Chicago:

Image
Just found those comments too. Guy says it’s not uncommon for something like this to happen. But wow, looks like that building would have been 38 stories or so.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
ita
County Board
Posts: 4746
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by ita »

Wow. If it's any consolation we have developers looking to do those kind of projects downtown. This gets me excited for all the other developable lots around the parks and riverfront.
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4694
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: New York City

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by Garrett »

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Other images the commenter posted that he said his firm worked on for a developer
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
Dusty
Human Relations
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 10:53 pm
Location: Central Florida

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by Dusty »

Garrett wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 10:29 pm Clearer image of the eastern exposure courtesy of Grow Omaha
Image
I love how the Mutual of Omaha tower sneaked in the picture. Almost ghost like. LOL!
I wonder if they have any plans on lowering the ramp to Council Bluffs to street level.
It's an eyesore right behind the buildings.
Omaha's Transit Future starts now. Let's make the change!
Omaha Transit Network
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: 68102

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by nebport5 »

TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 2:16 pm
nebport5 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:05 pm
TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 11:21 am My one critique is that, along Douglas Street, where the building curves into Riverfront Drive, there's what appears to be a blank wall masking the garage. It degrades the walkability a bit. I wish we'd stop doing that and at least put up some windows.
I'm ok with walling off carbon monoxide and auto noise next to the walking path/park. That's part of the point of the structure being a barrier for the park anyway, no? Do you have a visual example of what would be better? Something like the Blackstone garage?
I'm not suggesting the windows would be open-air. Glass is what I had in mind. Just something to break up the wall.

The ideal parking situation would be subterranean, but that adds a lot to the price. Though I feel like at 200+ units that should pencil out with at least partial subterranean parking.

With price in mind, my preference would be a garage at the back of the building where you wouldn't know it's there except for the access driveway. Retail or building access would line the street instead. like so:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/AfrCeJfv552UETr86

Or access from the alley or side at the back (these are not from the front of the given building). With an elevated highway next door, I feel like the dead space underneath that highway could have been taken advantage of for something like this:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/YLLhqV2oKKrnTomi7
https://maps.app.goo.gl/7KD7dn9kvwmYbUHbA
https://maps.app.goo.gl/fvwiBixKbyuXRzsc9

This one is even a pedestal-style garage, but you wouldn't know it because they covered it with the same window treatment as the offices above.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/o71zNV3mA66J8oLe6

To go down a rabbit hole a bit, my favorite garage access internationally would be this one: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Tho6Cm9ZMR3mrHKXA. It requires some panning around for context. The blank, black window is the garage access, situated on a terrace used for outdoor dining. At the street there are retractable bollards that keep nonresident vehicles off. What I've noticed in travels to various European cities is that they don't necessarily have exponentially less parking than North American cities, they're just considerably better at masking it than we are.

Gotcha. Those all look great. Thanks for sharing!

I think the problem with retail here would be it's too isolated for regular business. Think Rick's Boatyard Cafe, etc. It could perhaps work for a pop-up space or another food truck area.
FishFighter92
Home Owners Association
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:57 am

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by FishFighter92 »

nebport5 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 10:34 am I think the problem with retail here would be it's too isolated for regular business. Think Rick's Boatyard Cafe, etc. It could perhaps work for a pop-up space or another food truck area.
Only because of the price of rent. Nustyle could have a coffee shop built into the apartments (like done in many other cities) and they wouldn't have to charge thousands in rent. It's an apartment amenity.
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by nativeomahan »

If I were willing to shell out the money to live in this building I would expect a balcony I could sit on, and enjoy a meal or just to take in the fresh air and scenery of the adjacent parks. The lack of a balcony would be a deal breaker for me.
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106375
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by almighty_tuna »

nativeomahan wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 11:00 am If I were willing to shell out the money to live in this building I would expect a balcony I could sit on, and enjoy a meal or just to take in the fresh air and scenery of the adjacent parks. The lack of a balcony would be a deal breaker for me.
Hey, as long as someone finds it desirable, that's the important part. Occupancy will at least demonstrate the demand and beget more development.
FishFighter92
Home Owners Association
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:57 am

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by FishFighter92 »

Was it mentioned that there are no balconies somewhere?
User avatar
OmahaJaysCU
Planning Board
Posts: 2191
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:00 pm

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by OmahaJaysCU »

There are plenty of sites around the area though and a lot of projects. Patience my friends. There is more to come.
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4694
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: New York City

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by Garrett »

OmahaJaysCU wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 11:41 am There are plenty of sites around the area though and a lot of projects. Patience my friends. There is more to come.
Ah yes my favorite rumor mill. Share your wisdom with us!
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: 68102

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by nebport5 »

I really don't care for that Miami looking building. It's hard to say no to something of that height but that would look really out of place. I like that the Beam rendering would mesh well with the proposed T3 building as well as the older brick buildings in the area. It is a bite plain. Some kind of a green roof/deck would've been a nice touch. Mass timber doesn't have to be so utilitarian.



Here's a few bigger mass timber designs I particularly like...


one in Cleveland:

Image



And one that was proposed for San Francisco:

Image



proposed 80 story skyscraper for Chicago:

Image
ita
County Board
Posts: 4746
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by ita »

Garrett wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 11:53 am
OmahaJaysCU wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2024 11:41 am There are plenty of sites around the area though and a lot of projects. Patience my friends. There is more to come.
Ah yes my favorite rumor mill. Share your wisdom with us!
FACE! Do or please still say that
User avatar
PotatoeEatsFish
Human Relations
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 pm

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by PotatoeEatsFish »

I wouldn’t freak out too much, I’m 90% sure the final result will look different like most renderings.
(Rip to the millions of Wallstreet tower renderings :()
#Save(TheBaseandSidesof)TheUglyGrainSilos2025
ItsAllAboutMe
Human Relations
Posts: 962
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:14 am

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by ItsAllAboutMe »

Thrilled with this project! I don't think anyone here doubts this will be built, these are solid developers with proven track record for getting things done. The other proposal gave me the "Wall Street Tower" feels, The Conagra site plus 10th and harney are better suited for a tall residential structure. The mass timber apartment building pays homage to Jobbers Canyon and will look great and is the perfect scale for this site. The museum location is perfect, creates a perfect bridge to all that is happening around and near the park. It's fun having something new and cool open every year. (The Joslyn, Steelhouse, New library, Luminarium, Mutual tower, Childrens Museum, Tenaska Center of the arts. The Duo, when completed will be fantastic. Possible convention center expansion. Just waiting to hear about the next Hotel tower and residential highrise.
User avatar
Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 4886
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by Linkin5 »

I think it’s important to remember this is Nustyle, they have a great track record of getting their projects completed. They recently announced the Duo project and started work on it right afterwards.

Additionally, I do not think they would have announced this in conjunction with the Children’s Museum if it wasn’t a done deal. This feels much different than White Lotus civic project, Shamrock Swanson site, etc.
Erik
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1524
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:55 am

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by Erik »

ItsAllAboutMe wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2024 9:24 am Thrilled with this project! I don't think anyone here doubts this will be built, these are solid developers with proven track record for getting things done. The other proposal gave me the "Wall Street Tower" feels, The Conagra site plus 10th and harney are better suited for a tall residential structure. The mass timber apartment building pays homage to Jobbers Canyon and will look great and is the perfect scale for this site. The museum location is perfect, creates a perfect bridge to all that is happening around and near the park. It's fun having something new and cool open every year. (The Joslyn, Steelhouse, New library, Luminarium, Mutual tower, Childrens Museum, Tenaska Center of the arts. The Duo, when completed will be fantastic. Possible convention center expansion. Just waiting to hear about the next Hotel tower and residential highrise.
Does this project require outside funding? If so, I hope you can understand why some of us would be a bit reserved before outright believing this is an absolute done deal.

I know the people behind this have an amazing track record and there is nobody better we could trust doing this for the first time in their history. I'm just not ready to believe yet, hence my childish humor earlier.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by Greg S »

Linkin5 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2024 10:46 am I think it’s important to remember this is Nustyle, they have a great track record of getting their projects completed. They recently announced the Duo project and started work on it right afterwards.

Additionally, I do not think they would have announced this in conjunction with the Children’s Museum if it wasn’t a done deal. This feels much different than White Lotus civic project, Shamrock Swanson site, etc.
My sentiments exactly. I don't see much of a reason to harbor doubts based on their track record.

Greg
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:06 pm
Location: The Big O

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by guy4omaha »

I have been scratching my head trying to remember a single project NuStyle has introduced over the years that failed to be constructed. I can't remember a single one. Maybe my memory isn't so good. Can anyone else point to a NuStyle project that didn't get off the ground. In any event, there record is darn good regardless.
My old signature got too old. So old it was getting almost as old me as me. Yeah, it was up there in years.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

guy4omaha wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2024 10:52 am I have been scratching my head trying to remember a single project NuStyle has introduced over the years that failed to be constructed. I can't remember a single one.
I cannot think of any off the top of my head..

Their track record of bringing projects announced to completion is gold. I’m not concerned at all this project won’t start soon and be brought to completion..

Another person said this earlier, but I believe this project is just one of many others in the pipeline that’ll be announced within the next 12-18 months..

Exciting times to live in Omaha…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by Athomsfere »

I also expect their books to look very good.

I don't know how many apartments they own total, but this add of 1000 between the DUO and The Beam is if I had to guess a ~30% growth at most.

Their last new build from memory was the Highline II, some ~8 years ago. A few rehabs since then. But I suspect they have the cash or most of it if required. And given their high occupancy rates IME I bet they have no reservations spending 4x what they did at the Highline II for a much more lucrative location, and twice the units.
skip
Library Board
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:36 pm
Location: Midtown

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by skip »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2024 11:16 am
guy4omaha wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2024 10:52 am I have been scratching my head trying to remember a single project NuStyle has introduced over the years that failed to be constructed. I can't remember a single one.
I cannot think of any off the top of my head..

Their track record of bringing projects announced to completion is gold. I’m not concerned at all this project won’t start soon and be brought to completion..

Another person said this earlier, but I believe this project is just one of many others in the pipeline that’ll be announced within the next 12-18 months..

Exciting times to live in Omaha…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
NuStyle owns a large plot around 20th and Harney. That residential project is expected to be at least 8-10 stories. Assuming it will be announced within the next year too.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by skinzfan23 »

skip wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2024 11:40 am
NuStyle owns a large plot around 20th and Harney. That residential project is expected to be at least 8-10 stories. Assuming it will be announced within the next year too.
I do remember a news story about it, I think its 20th and Farnam. They mentioned that if the streetcar were built, their plans for the site will greatly grow and they would be more inclined to build sooner rather than later.

Edit: found this from another post on eomaha:
The $5 million transaction includes office space and almost 80 covered parking stalls. It also includes a surface parking lot on the northwest corner of 20th and Farnam Streets that has about 170 spaces; on that lot, an ATM would remain. The lot could be the site of future development, Heistand said.
That whole stretch of Farnam from 20th west to the Even hotel is totally ripe for development.
skip
Library Board
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:36 pm
Location: Midtown

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by skip »

Exactly. And its on the streetcar line. That area will definitely be developed, but I don't know when. Seems like NuStyle has a lot of large projects in flight.

Flats on Howard new building
Duo
Beam
Atlas expansion (should be announced sometime soon, unless it was deprioritized)
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:19 am

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by NEDodger »

skip wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2024 12:15 pm Exactly. And its on the streetcar line. That area will definitely be developed, but I don't know when. Seems like NuStyle has a lot of large projects in flight.

Flats on Howard new building
Duo
Beam
Atlas expansion (should be announced sometime soon, unless it was deprioritized)
I hope they scrap the Atlas expansion and add another ten stories to 20th and Farnam….
User avatar
Renovator2559
Human Relations
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue May 23, 2023 2:48 pm
Location: Midtown Omaha

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by Renovator2559 »

skip wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2024 12:15 pm Atlas expansion (should be announced sometime soon, unless it was deprioritized)
So they are really thinking of expanding the Atlas? I remember a year ago I brought this Atlas expansion "rumor", into discussion here. Based on what my friend told me, Nustyle was surveying a possible expansion for Atlas last year. I thought it was make belief!

Last time I brought this case, I remember saying that they were planning on expanding on the north east side, next to i480.
Have plans changed on how they will achieve the expansion?

Sounds like the Atlas does not want to relinquish its title as the largest apartment complex in the state!... I thought the Highline was a larger housing project, but Grow Omaha confirmed recently on the size of the Atlas.

I have to give it to our Omaha city planners, you can't deny that the Beam project is a very clever use of land on a plot of land that seamed useless!
Home sweet, home...Omaha!
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10813
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago

Re: The Beam - Nustyle Apartments

Post by iamjacobm »

This is already in front of the planning board next week. Should get some additional details when the city posts the docs.