Yep, and I don't see it getting any better in the NIL era...nebugeater wrote: Mon Mar 31, 2025 9:34 amMy interest level this year has been at an all-time low.omaha79 wrote: Mon Mar 31, 2025 8:50 am Could have just had a 4 team playoff this year and done just as well. Not much intrigue to this tournament.
2025 NCAA Tournament March Madness
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036562
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: 2025 NCAA Tournament March Madness

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110956
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: 2025 NCAA Tournament March Madness
It's OK, though. I filled the available time by looking at so-so pictures of birds.Brad wrote: Mon Mar 31, 2025 9:37 amYep, and I don't see it getting any better in the NIL era...nebugeater wrote: Mon Mar 31, 2025 9:34 amMy interest level this year has been at an all-time low.omaha79 wrote: Mon Mar 31, 2025 8:50 am Could have just had a 4 team playoff this year and done just as well. Not much intrigue to this tournament.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
OmahaRedWing
- Human Relations
- Posts: 523
- Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:39 pm
Re: 2025 NCAA Tournament March Madness
I think it's hard to draw any definitive conclusions on the NIL era based on this year. Last year was NIL and we had a crazy mix in the final four.
I am kind of excited that seemingly the best 4 teams made it to the final four. All games should feel like a heavyweight fight.
I am kind of excited that seemingly the best 4 teams made it to the final four. All games should feel like a heavyweight fight.
-
omaha79
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm
Re: 2025 NCAA Tournament March Madness
Outside of Omaha making the tournament, I haven't watched much. My interest peaked and pretty much died opening weekend with no real upsets.nebugeater wrote: Mon Mar 31, 2025 9:34 amMy interest level this year has been at an all-time low.omaha79 wrote: Mon Mar 31, 2025 8:50 am Could have just had a 4 team playoff this year and done just as well. Not much intrigue to this tournament.
You could have just gone into your bracket and picked the entire thing chalk and you'd easily be leading heading into the Final Four.
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4936
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: 2025 NCAA Tournament March Madness
That's how I'm viewing this year.OmahaRedWing wrote: Mon Mar 31, 2025 11:25 am I am kind of excited that seemingly the best 4 teams made it to the final four. All games should feel like a heavyweight fight.
-
mrsticka
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2501
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
- Location: Lincoln
Re: 2025 NCAA Tournament March Madness
Florida just beat Auburn 79-73. So they will be playing for the national championship. They’re now awaiting their opponent. It will be either Duke or Houston.
-
mrsticka
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2501
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
- Location: Lincoln
Re: 2025 NCAA Tournament March Madness
Wow, I can't believe it! Houston came back and beat Duke 70-67. So they'll be playing for the national championship. Houston sure showed some resilience.
So the national championship matchup is all set. Florida and Houston.
So the national championship matchup is all set. Florida and Houston.
-
mrsticka
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2501
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
- Location: Lincoln
Re: 2025 NCAA Tournament March Madness
Florida did it. They came from behind and won. So they’re the national champions. It's party time in Gainesville.
-
swinquest
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:46 pm
Re: 2025 NCAA Tournament March Madness
With my son a Gator fan, we were watching it and the last couple of minutes (especially the final 47ish seconds) ended up being a true nail-biter. I cannot believe that Houston had that last second opportunity, but lost it like that.
In my opinion, that game is the true definition of championship basketball. Even though Florida did not lead for much of the game, they kept it close and made the clutch baskets at all of the right times.
In my opinion, that game is the true definition of championship basketball. Even though Florida did not lead for much of the game, they kept it close and made the clutch baskets at all of the right times.
-
mrsticka
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2501
- Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:31 am
- Location: Lincoln
Re: 2025 NCAA Tournament March Madness
Well, I guess that’s it for college basketball until October or November.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11629
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: 2025 NCAA Tournament March Madness
Didn’t know where to put this, but I think Des Moines and Omaha should host the NCAA tournament more often. The Illinois game that is being played in Greenville South Carolina. Looks like the place is mostly empty. It’s like that every single year when they host I have no idea how they keep getting to host. At least when Midwestern cities host we pack the place.
-
OmahaRedWing
- Human Relations
- Posts: 523
- Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:39 pm
Re: 2025 NCAA Tournament March Madness
I didn't realize that until watching yesterday that St Louis hadn't hosted for 10 years. I could see them jumping into the mix more frequently. After the $100 million in renovations they did several years ago, the Enterprise Center is definitely a top flight arena again.skinzfan23 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2026 10:39 pm Didn’t know where to put this, but I think Des Moines and Omaha should host the NCAA tournament more often. The Illinois game that is being played in Greenville South Carolina. Looks like the place is mostly empty. It’s like that every single year when they host I have no idea how they keep getting to host. At least when Midwestern cities host we pack the place.
I think we will see PBA as a host. Especially if they proceed with the expansion (though they are already bigger than several that host).
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11629
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: 2025 NCAA Tournament March Madness
What a |expletive| hole. I think I knew this before but Carver arena in Iowa City doesn’t have AC and yesterday for the women’s games there, the temp inside was in the mid 80’s. Crazy to think that a large arena like that doesn’t have AC in 2026.
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8991
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: 2025 NCAA Tournament March Madness
I had to look it up. Was thinking maybe it was just broke? But no. Only the offices and some side areas have it. And it's newer than Devaney....how the heck did that happen?skinzfan23 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2026 9:56 am What a |expletive| hole. I think I knew this before but Carver arena in Iowa City doesn’t have AC and yesterday for the women’s games there, the temp inside was in the mid 80’s. Crazy to think that a large arena like that doesn’t have AC in 2026.
This honestly should disqualify them from having events like this.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11629
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: 2025 NCAA Tournament March Madness
https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/ncaab ... ball-bm06/
Conference records for the tournament:
CONFERENCE (REMAINING NCAA TEAMS) 2026 RECORD
Big East (1) 6-2 (.750)
Big Ten (2) 18-7 (.720)
Big 12 (1) 11-7 (.611)
SEC (0) 14-10 (.583)
Atlantic 10 (0) 2-2 (.500)
ACC (0) 6-8 (.429)
WCC (0) 1-3 (.250)
MAC (0) 1-2 (.333)
As mentioned before, the Big 10 has been very good this year, but the Big East continues to have the most success %-wise in the tournament. The Big East has also won 4 of the previous 9 tournaments. Crazy stat, is the Big 10 hasn't won since 2000.
Conference records for the tournament:
CONFERENCE (REMAINING NCAA TEAMS) 2026 RECORD
Big East (1) 6-2 (.750)
Big Ten (2) 18-7 (.720)
Big 12 (1) 11-7 (.611)
SEC (0) 14-10 (.583)
Atlantic 10 (0) 2-2 (.500)
ACC (0) 6-8 (.429)
WCC (0) 1-3 (.250)
MAC (0) 1-2 (.333)
As mentioned before, the Big 10 has been very good this year, but the Big East continues to have the most success %-wise in the tournament. The Big East has also won 4 of the previous 9 tournaments. Crazy stat, is the Big 10 hasn't won since 2000.