Fast Food Talk Thread

Humor and off topic conversation
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2140
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by djc311 »

Busguy2010 wrote: Sun Sep 14, 2025 11:55 pm Cini Minis are back at BK. I cannot tell you how shocked and jubilant I was when I heard it.

So many memories between going out for breakfast with my parents, to walking a mile by myself as an 8 year old with the sole and committed purpose of buying Cini Minis.

I'm excited, I hope theyre just as they were.
:lol:

I did like them as well, but they came out when I was a bit older... it's funny you mentioned how excited you were about these when you were a kid - because I specifically recall walking to the BK on Saddle Creek when I about 12 when they came out with their 3 pack of "mini" cheeseburgers. For some reason I loved those dumb things. I remember they came in narrow, longer cardboard container, almost something you'd expect a hot dog to be in.

Hopefully BK can't mess up the Cini-minis because I can tell you I haven't been impressed with anything they've made in recent memory. I wanted to like their Italian chicken sandwich the last time they offered it, but I ordered it from 3 different BKs and they all sucked! Every single one took forever in the drive thru to make it (I was the only car each time, LOL) and each one was cold. Not sure how that could happen but it did.

Anyway, good luck with your Cini-minis... hopefully they don't mess them up!
User avatar
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm
Location: Montgomery County, Texas

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by damonhynes »

Busguy2010 wrote: Sun Sep 14, 2025 11:55 pm Cini Minis are back at BK. I cannot tell you how shocked and jubilant I was when I heard it.

So many memories between going out for breakfast with my parents, to walking a mile by myself as an 8 year old with the sole and committed purpose of buying Cini Minis.

I'm excited, I hope theyre just as they were.
My big beef (so to speak) about the CiniMinis is the store-level QC. Sometimes they'd be dry as heck, as if they'd been nuked several times. This was a problem at Hardee's, too where the cinnamon-raisin biskies were the consistency of a hockey puck.

Worse is when the drive-thru person hadn't washed their hands, and I'd get onion-smelling cinnamon rolls.

I really appreciated Mickey D's cinnamon breakfast items; it's a shame they went away.

Down in my neck of the woods, Whataburger's cinnamon rolls are most worthy.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

damonhynes wrote: Mon Sep 15, 2025 8:20 am My big beef (so to speak) about the CiniMinis is the store-level QC. Sometimes they'd be dry as heck, as if they'd been nuked several times.
There definitely was a luck of the draw. I had my fair share of over cooked ones, but when they were good, they were the bomb. Maybe it was mostly due to my childhood enthusiasm. But I can say I literally lived to eat those for breakfast, so much so that my parents would refuse to drive me there, but I always walked there when they did. It was definitely an addiction lol.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

damonhynes wrote: Mon Sep 15, 2025 8:20 am I really appreciated Mickey D's cinnamon breakfast items; it's a shame they went away.
Their cinnamon roll from the early 2000's was a favorite of mine. Then they got rid of that and replaced it with the cinnamon melt, which were also the bomb. Now thats been gone for years.
User avatar
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm
Location: Montgomery County, Texas

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by damonhynes »

My daughters went for cini-minis this morning and were underwhelmed. They changed the icing. It's yellowish.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

damonhynes wrote: Sat Sep 20, 2025 7:40 pm My daughters went for cini-minis this morning and were underwhelmed. They changed the icing. It's yellowish.
I had them today. They left out the icing, which was disappointing. But, despite that, the CiniMinis were literally perfect. They couldn't have done them any better. Ill be back.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036567
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Brad »

Had my annual today. Dr says "looks like you gained a few lbs since last year". I said we have been super busy running kids around and probably eating a little too much fast food between activities and not exercising as much. He said "I don't care how much exercise you do, you will never loose weight eating fast food."
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11632
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by skinzfan23 »

Haha, if I wasn’t as active as I am I would be in horrible shape for all the bad food I eat.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

Brad wrote: Tue Sep 23, 2025 9:15 pm Had my annual today. Dr says "looks like you gained a few lbs since last year". I said we have been super busy running kids around and probably eating a little too much fast food between activities and not exercising as much. He said "I don't care how much exercise you do, you will never loose weight eating fast food."
I guess that depends on the person and at what age, etc. I'd say in moderation, its okay. Fast food is like maybe a one to two time weekly thing for me (though you probably wouldn't get that impression as much as I talk about it lol). I still have a BMI of 24. Though I do get ~ 25,000 steps per day through work, thats the only exercise I really get. I don't really count it as "working out".
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

Also, one thing people tend not to realize is that restaurant food in general is just as bad as fast food, so any restaurant trip should be counted in with that category. Ill say that with a caveat that some do better than others, and some do have healthy options. I'd say Panera is a good example (though they do have drive thru now) at least if you go back so many years, they were thought of, generally, as a healthier option than say McDonald's or BK, but the nutritional statistics don't quite back that up. Could probably put McAllisters in that group of not-so-fast-food places that try to have a healthier vibe.

I know this because I was in the culinary program at MCC and we served dinner a couple times a week. We churned out some really, really good food. Seriously, I might go back and take those classes again just to "taste test" 😏 I had to take those classes as part of my nutrition degree, and looking at it from a nutrition perspective, I found that for the most part, nutrition is of *zero concern* even in most sit down restaurants. The only real way to keep your stuff in check is to meal prep.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

I keep seeing this commercial for Cracker Barrel's "New For Fall Herb Roasted Chicken"



I just. I just can't. I can't put into words how much it bugs me that people got paid to come up with, and market this ground breaking, frontier culinary revolution.

The way they say "Only at Cracker Barrel". :lol:

Like "No, I'm pretty sure I can get a whole one of those ready made at any grocery store, but nice try :;): "

And how they show it on a plate with the most bland looking mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. I mean sure, it sounds like a nice meal, but it sure as |expletive| ain't a pull to get me in a Cracker Barrell. They'd probably have to pay ME. It almost feels like it's a joke :lol:
Last edited by Busguy2010 on Thu Sep 25, 2025 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Cracker Barrel)

Post by ChadJK »

Busguy2010 wrote: Thu Sep 25, 2025 10:29 am I keep seeing this commercial for Cracker Barrel's "New For Fall Herb Roasted Chicken"
It looks like a re-plating of their Campfire Chicken. I'm not sure there's anything "new" about it other than its name.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

Didn't realize it when I posted that, looks like they made a couple bad decisions lately. They "modernized" their logo by "removing the cracker and the barrel", as some disgruntled patrons are saying, and their customer base didn't like that, so they reverted back to the old logo. That was a pretty funny way to put it. Seems to me they're reeling, and this herb roasted chicken is an attempt to get back to their bread and butter.

OOPS.
User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by jessep28 »

I came across this guy's YouTube channel a few months ago. He produces videos analyzing large brands, chain restaurants, etc. Anyways, he just released one recently about the barrel where I thought he made some good points about what initally made them successful and reasons for their decline.

Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

BK just released their Halloween menu today. The feature being the "Jack o Lantern Whopper". Sigh, theres nothing special about it. Its just a Whopper with bacon and cheese, and the bun has black seeds and looks to be orange.

I was hoping they'd come back with something more inventive, but nope, furthest from it. I miss when they actually tried for the Halloween or Ghost pepper Whopper. Those were fire in more ways than one.
OverlookedFarm
Home Owners Association
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:13 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by OverlookedFarm »

jessep28 wrote: Mon Sep 29, 2025 10:26 pm I came across this guy's YouTube channel a few months ago. He produces videos analyzing large brands, chain restaurants, etc. Anyways, he just released one recently about the barrel where I thought he made some good points about what initally made them successful and reasons for their decline.

This guy nails it on every episode in a concise, non-invested way.

So much of the chatter regarding these changes deviates from the core reasons businesses success or fail, but he is on point.
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 929
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Padre »

Long John Silver’s Rebrands with Chicken Front and Center
The chain has already rolled out the new branding across digital platforms.

https://www.qsrmagazine.com/story/long- ... nd-center/
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

Seems like a misstep to me. Did anybody really go to LJS for the chicken? The chicken was always a side piece for me.

I guess it won't mean much to me if the menu still has all the favorites.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Long John Silver's)

Post by ChadJK »

Padre wrote: Sun Oct 05, 2025 7:08 pm Long John Silver’s Rebrands with Chicken Front and Center
The chain has already rolled out the new branding across digital platforms.

https://www.qsrmagazine.com/story/long- ... nd-center/
Busguy2010 wrote: Sun Oct 05, 2025 7:14 pm Seems like a misstep to me. Did anybody really go to LJS for the chicken? The chicken was always a side piece for me.

I guess it won't mean much to me if the menu still has all the favorites.
The chicken is the best thing they serve and I am not alone in that opinion. :) All I ever get at LJS is the chicken. So, from my selfish perspective, I'm cool with this change.

Now, that said, their entire branding is pirate/nautical themed which aligns with the fish more than the chicken. However, I suppose as long as fish continues to be a menu option and they don't drop the hushpuppies that people shouldn't be too upset. They really need to focus on cleanliness and getting their rundown 50 year old restaurants rebuilt. They either have the poorest or cheapest franchisees in the fast food world.

There's a popular foodie YouTuber named Joshua Weissman that went around tasting fast food chicken tenders and concluded that LJS was the best.

User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

Their chicken is good. I always get one with whatever I'm getting. My go to has always been the one fish, one chicken plank meal.

I guess it doesnt bug me as long as they dont change the fish and shrimp. Though, I think the pirate theme is a lot more fun than whatever chciken related connotation one could make. Just, chicken and pirate ships don't make any sense. Might as well change the name to Chicken Coop Charlie's.

I've never gone there and not gotten seafood. Fish is the main draw for me.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

One thing that bugged me was when they got rid of the corn on the cob. Something fun about eating it off the cob on a stick from a fast food place, I swear it made it taste better.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

One thing I just saw is Arby's just came out with "steak nuggets". A unique way to get in on the finger food scene.

I personally am not too compelled to try them. Nothing groundbreaking if you ask me, just chunks of steak. And something about that tells me its basically a scrap product. Much like how King Kong incorporates steak chunks into their potato rice. I foresee lots of fat, gristle, and over cooked, dry steak. I could be totally wrong, but that thought is enough for me not to try them.
Last edited by Busguy2010 on Mon Oct 06, 2025 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by ChadJK »

Busguy2010 wrote: Mon Oct 06, 2025 11:16 am One thing I just saw is Arby's just came out with "steak nuggets". A unique way to get in on the finger food scene.
There was (is?) a place in downtown Tulsa named Steakfinger House that specialized in steak fingers. I always found that mind-blowing. Perhaps it's a southern thing?
CBJason
Library Board
Posts: 417
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:01 pm
Location: MEM burbs

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Long John Silver's)

Post by CBJason »

ChadJK wrote: Mon Oct 06, 2025 10:03 am
Padre wrote: Sun Oct 05, 2025 7:08 pm Long John Silver’s Rebrands with Chicken Front and Center
The chain has already rolled out the new branding across digital platforms.

https://www.qsrmagazine.com/story/long- ... nd-center/
Busguy2010 wrote: Sun Oct 05, 2025 7:14 pm Seems like a misstep to me. Did anybody really go to LJS for the chicken? The chicken was always a side piece for me.

I guess it won't mean much to me if the menu still has all the favorites.
The chicken is the best thing they serve and I am not alone in that opinion. :) All I ever get at LJS is the chicken. So, from my selfish perspective, I'm cool with this change.

Now, that said, their entire branding is pirate/nautical themed which aligns with the fish more than the chicken. However, I suppose as long as fish continues to be a menu option and they don't drop the hushpuppies that people shouldn't be too upset. They really need to focus on cleanliness and getting their rundown 50 year old restaurants rebuilt. They either have the poorest or cheapest franchisees in the fast food world.
Completely agree!!! Their chicken is the best batter. Unfortunately LJS has been a dying breed the last 2 decades it seems that there never seems to be one in convenient location to go to.
CBJason
Library Board
Posts: 417
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:01 pm
Location: MEM burbs

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by CBJason »

ChadJK wrote: Mon Oct 06, 2025 11:23 am
Busguy2010 wrote: Mon Oct 06, 2025 11:16 am One thing I just saw is Arby's just came out with "steak nuggets". A unique way to get in on the finger food scene.
There was (is?) a place in downtown Tulsa named Steakfinger House that specialized in steak fingers. I always found that mind-blowing. Perhaps it's a southern thing?
Interesting, I never knew about or heard about that place when I lived there, but that was 20 years ago already. I don’t think it’s a southern thing though probably just a local idea.
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 929
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Don and Millie’s)

Post by Padre »

I remember discussions about this in the past.

Don and Millie’s is bringing back the ham and cheese frenchee for a limited time.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2140
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Don and Millie’s)

Post by djc311 »

Padre wrote: Tue Oct 07, 2025 7:47 pm I remember discussions about this in the past.

Don and Millie’s is bringing back the ham and cheese frenchee for a limited time.
About damn time! Never understood why they dropped that item... I've had "beef" (using my daughter's terms here) with D&M cancelling the ham and cheese option for years.

They would drop it temporarily in lieu of a tuna frenchee during Lent. My wife's family is Catholic, I do understand the concept here... but why get rid of a meat to offer tuna? I figured they could have very well added tuna as an option, kinda like how many fast food places emphasize their fish sandwiches during that time of the year.

Then one year, they simply did away with the ham option altogether. I'm assuming the numbers must have told them they wouldn't lose much by doing so, but they lost me. Their burgers are OK, but Runza is closer and if I'm going to spend over $10 for a fast food burger, I'll grab Runza every single time over a D&M burger, especially since Runza has much better fries.

Lastly, I've always felt like since D&M did away with the ham option that they overcharge for the cheese version. It's about $10 for the meal when you can get burgers and plenty of other meat-containing combos in the same price range as a cheese-only sandwich. It's a glorified grilled cheese and they're getting 10 bucks for it.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Don & Millie's)

Post by ChadJK »

djc311 wrote: Wed Oct 08, 2025 8:01 am Then one year, they simply did away with the ham option altogether. I'm assuming the numbers must have told them they wouldn't lose much by doing so, but they lost me.
If it was the only item on their menu that used the ham and it didn't sell especially well, then I can see them dropping the ingredient. It's a common strategy at restaurants. Ingredients that only one item uses don't tend to stick around and most new items they try and see how to use existing ingredients or they're "limited time only." Making many different menu items using the same dozen or so ingredients is probably the root cause of the "everything there taste the same" criticism. lol
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

A tuna frenchee sounds just wrong. If a regular cheese frenchee works for lent, really, what's to point of adding the tuna? And I even like eating tuna right out of the can. Even if I was catholic, theres now way Id touch a tuna frenchee. Its not like its obligatory to eat fish on Fridays. Id be miffed too if every year they swapped a ham and cheese frenchee for TUNA??? Yuck. Ham and cheese actually sounds great. I never had one, and honestly never knew they existed til it was brought up here a while ago. But agree, I dont know about no over $10 fried cheese sandwich.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Don & Millie's)

Post by ChadJK »

Busguy2010 wrote: Wed Oct 08, 2025 9:53 am A tuna frenchee sounds just wrong.
As a guy who likes the occasional Tuna Melt from a restaurant, I can see myself trying a Tuna Frenchee.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Don & Millie's)

Post by Busguy2010 »

ChadJK wrote: Wed Oct 08, 2025 10:00 am
Busguy2010 wrote: Wed Oct 08, 2025 9:53 am A tuna frenchee sounds just wrong.
As a guy who likes the occasional Tuna Melt from a restaurant, I can see myself trying a Tuna Frenchee.
Ill eat a tuna salad sandwich on occasion. Something about it being heated, and with melty cheese I guess sounds off to me. Id be happy to give it a bite, but it doesnt sound like something Id gobble up.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

Somehow an actual tuna melt does sound pretty good to me though. I guess the idea of taking a cheese frenchee - which is already good as is - and adding tuna to it, doesnt sound like it would make it better. But ham does.
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106377
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by almighty_tuna »

Image
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nebugeater »

almighty_tuna wrote: Wed Oct 08, 2025 10:27 am Image
Wondered how you would feel about this!!!!!
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nebugeater »

Busguy2010 wrote: Wed Oct 08, 2025 10:25 am Somehow an actual tuna melt does sound pretty good to me though. I guess the idea of taking a cheese frenchee - which is already good as is - and adding tuna to it, doesnt sound like it would make it better. But ham does.
Not a lot of difference. Not sure how one sounds good and the other is not an option.

Growing up, a toasted tuna salad sandwich with cheese was an everyday thing. Still do that myself some today
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

nebugeater wrote: Wed Oct 08, 2025 11:16 am
Busguy2010 wrote: Wed Oct 08, 2025 10:25 am Somehow an actual tuna melt does sound pretty good to me though. I guess the idea of taking a cheese frenchee - which is already good as is - and adding tuna to it, doesnt sound like it would make it better. But ham does.
Not a lot of difference. Not sure how one sounds good and the other is not an option.

Growing up, a toasted tuna salad sandwich with cheese was an everyday thing. Still do that myself some today
Probably the sound of the texture. Gooey American cheese and almost already mascerated tuna. Sure, the outside is crisp, but the inside of the bread is also fairly greasy.

Whereas with a tuna melt, you can use actual cheese and get a good toasted bread texture. And in fact, all this talk about tuna, I'll probably give a tuna melt a go for dinner tonight. Never had one. Also for texture, I'll add some romaine lettuce leaves after toasting. I guess thats where the difference is. Gooey tuna entrapped in a greasy stack of bread just doesnt sound like a good mash-up.

Like i said, id be happy to try it, but I dont wanna pay for it. Adding tuna to the frenchee just doesnt sound like an improvement to me.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (McDonald's)

Post by ChadJK »

I see Monopoly is back at McDonald's. I haven't thought about that in years. It has to be one of the longest running sweepstakes/promotions in the restaurant industry.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (McDonald's)

Post by nebugeater »

ChadJK wrote: Thu Oct 23, 2025 9:51 am I see Monopoly is back at McDonald's. I haven't thought about that in years. It has to be one of the longest running sweepstakes/promotions in the restaurant industry.
I remember hearing when it was announced that this was coming back, that it had been absent for 10 years. That feels about right.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (McDonald's)

Post by ChadJK »

nebugeater wrote: Thu Oct 23, 2025 9:56 am
ChadJK wrote: Thu Oct 23, 2025 9:51 am I see Monopoly is back at McDonald's. I haven't thought about that in years. It has to be one of the longest running sweepstakes/promotions in the restaurant industry.
I remember hearing when it was announced that this was coming back, that it had been absent for 10 years. That feels about right.
I didn't realize it had been on hiatus. I just assumed I wasn't paying attention the last several years. lol
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

I always feel a little silly ordering a kids meal for myself, but I was around Runza, and their scent advertising got me. I was neither that hungry, nor did I want to spend $12 or what have you. So I used their online ordering and got me a kid's meal. A Runza, fries, and a 12oz soda pop. Took it home and plated it up, and it looks like a full plate of food to me. After looking up the nutrition, it was something around 700 calories. Thats a legit adult meal, and it was like $6 and some change.
Image
Three of those a day and you're set lol. It just got me thinking about what constituted a meal back in the day. I figure today's kids meal is exactly the same amount as what every meal was 50 years ago, and that's actually what the intention was with fast food in the first place.

It feels silly to order a kids meal as a large frame adult male, but $6 and almost a third of my daily caloric needs? Come on. That should probably just be a normal meal, not a kids meal. I may convert to the kids menu every opportunity I can, if I can get over the silly feeling haha.